Saints Friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Saints Friday

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2018, 10:25

Almost do without this game go straight to semi for me liam said on Saturday Powell was thinking of resting players but all the players had put there hand up wanting to play not sure myself ...Interesting on Wednesday see what squad is
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Saints Friday

Post by old cas lass » 24 Sep 2018, 10:30

I think shenny will be rested.
He picked up a knock to his knee, though I’ve beard it’s not serious, so could play.
I think we should leave the team as it is, let’s keep that consistency going.
If any player as a slight niggle rest them, other wise, same again.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 24 Sep 2018, 10:42

id rest
Pete
Eden
Shenton
Gale
Trueman
Watts
Millington
McShane
Moors
Milner
McMeekan
Silly to risk them

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Sep 2018, 10:56

This game means absolutely zero. Put a youthful team out, give them some game time and experience. We're already going in to the semi's with momentum, so a loss IMO won't do us any harm, unnecessary injuries to key players however would.

I'd personally go with

Turner
Gill
Minikin
Roberts
Clare
QLT
Ellis
Springer
O'Neill
Clark
Wardle
McMeekan
Massey

Maher
Milner
Jesse
Douglas

Wesbter, Shenton, Trueman, Gale, Watts, , McShane, Millington, Junior, Mata'utia - all rested

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2018, 11:02

agree with the above second team would be going for mine
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Sep 2018, 11:33

The only problem with making wholesale changes and resting most of our key players is we lose momentum,we've proven over the last 2/3 years we don't do well with a week off
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Sep 2018, 11:43

heritage1926 wrote:This game means absolutely zero. Put a youthful team out, give them some game time and experience. We're already going in to the semi's with momentum, so a loss IMO won't do us any harm, unnecessary injuries to key players however would.

I'd personally go with

Turner
Gill
Minikin
Roberts
Clare
QLT
Ellis
Springer
O'Neill
Clark
Wardle
McMeekan
Massey

Maher
Milner
Jesse
Douglas

Wesbter, Shenton, Trueman, Gale, Watts, , McShane, Millington, Junior, Mata'utia - all rested
And run the risk of been a bit rusty in first 20mins v Wigan and the game has gone before you know it. We don't do well after having a week off.

No point in resting webster. If he go injured either Minikin, Roberts, Wardle can play centre or may even play before him anyway.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 24 Sep 2018, 12:18

If the game had been against anyone out of the top 4 I would have said keep going, however, if things don't go for us in that game it could prove to be a huge negative mentally and that could happen if the players head is on the week after. Also it gives the other team a chance to take out a few of our guys with the knowledge they could meet us in the final. Obviously that can be said about Cas also. Not worth the risk for me, but DP will know what to do either way.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 24 Sep 2018, 12:21

I've got to say play your best team against Saints and keep that momentum. Its taken time to grow and develop so keep hold, take the victory at Saints and start the game against Wigan in full flow.

Having said that in DP we trust....
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2018, 12:22

Bet Wigan have all there main men sat next to zak in stand this week ...
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Sep 2018, 12:25

Mc Shane is the one I would like to see rested if we lose him the wheels would certainly come of the barrow

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 24 Sep 2018, 12:28

I would be very surprised if Wigan, Saints and Warrington don't rest a lot of their guys. People have been shouting about how Cas have possibly the strongest squad in the league. Now is the time to find out. Let the first team work on their game-play for the pies..... and the ref :lol:

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Sep 2018, 12:38

the machine wrote:The only problem with making wholesale changes and resting most of our key players is we lose momentum,we've proven over the last 2/3 years we don't do well with a week off
This.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 24 Sep 2018, 12:47

Difficult game to prep for, it is kind of like one that both teams can only lose, unless someone gets tonked off the park conceding 50.

If you win, meaningless and changes nothing, if you lose, meaningless and changes nothing. As a coach and a player, unless you are trying to force your way in to the team, you are not really playing for anything.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Sep 2018, 12:55

Rest anyone with a knock. Go with a strong team. Keep momentum rolling.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 24 Sep 2018, 13:07

With how Daryl was talking after the Wakie game, looks like we're putting a full squad out
🐯 COYF!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Sep 2018, 13:24

Nobody wrote:With how Daryl was talking after the Wakie game, looks like we're putting a full squad out
And we should do. We've got to keep the pressure on, resting only injured players or players with niggles.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2018, 13:27

mart0042 wrote:
Nobody wrote:With how Daryl was talking after the Wakie game, looks like we're putting a full squad out
And we should do. We've got to keep the pressure on, resting only injured players or players with niggles.
can i ask how you would feel then in a meaningless match if watts and mcshane both got a one match ban for tipping someone in a tackle and gale matautia millington all picked up injuries that meant they had to miss the semi final
Vince Lombardi

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 24 Sep 2018, 13:35

tigerfeat wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
can i ask how you would feel then in a meaningless match if watts and mcshane both got a one match ban for tipping someone in a tackle and gale matautia millington all picked up injuries that meant they had to miss the semi final
It's all a game of swings and roundabouts. I would also like to see a full team out to keep that momentum going. We've been building nicely over the past few weeks and need to keep it going.
🐯 COYF!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Sep 2018, 13:58

tigerfeat wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Slightly less miffed than if one of the players fails a drug test and is banned for the GF!!!
Spreading the Cas gene pool