welcome to the club

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

welcome to the club

Post by gateman » 23 Sep 2018, 14:00

With Widnes being relagated who of the three teams contending for a place in super league would you like them and why ??

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: welcome to the club

Post by Mucky1978 » 23 Sep 2018, 14:04

London
British Team

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 Sep 2018, 14:16

have to agree mucky, and although they wouldn't bring many fans i think it would be more than the other 2.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Sep 2018, 14:19

lurcher wrote:have to agree mucky, and although they wouldn't bring many fans i think it would be more than the other 2.
How many would Toronto bring and Toulouse.......not many.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Sep 2018, 14:28

Toronto

Whilst they wouldn't add anything to the gates they would bring with them a wealthy, ambitious owner and the chance to crack several new wealthy TV deals and sponsors, something our game desperately needs
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 23 Sep 2018, 14:39

Toronto for me, only 7 hours drive. Looking forward to being in the ground with all the Cas fans.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Sep 2018, 15:08

One of my mates went to Toronto with Hunslet £800 for 5 days its a bit out of the reach for most of our fans

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 23 Sep 2018, 15:35

Toronto and Toulouse for me this year. Not likely to happen but would be good for the game in France and Both could fill their own grounds. It’s up to the clubs to fill their own grounds with Home supporters which Widnes Salford and London did not and probably will not . I’d also like to see w magic weekend in France to see what the French offer to the attendances ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Sep 2018, 16:37

Any.

Toronto have an excellent marketing team and significant interest, which brings fans in. They have a good UK base of fans too.

London I think would be good to get the presence back in the city.

Toulouse for the French derby and potential for extra TV money from the French market.

Toronto likely to have more fans and grow gates more than the other two though.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 23 Sep 2018, 18:26

Toronto

Our chance to grow the game across the pond. And therefore globally. We need major investment in the sport if it's ever going to grow.

Toulouse or London would be straight back down. Toronto have a chance of survival
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 23 Sep 2018, 18:41

Why are the RL are pushing for foreign clubs when the game in this country needs a major overhaul for a start junior development could be better, bring back a team rugby, standards regarding refereeing at an all time low and sky who we know is a good source of income should be asked to change its game structure, As for the foreign teams they should develop the game in there own country don’t think they should be given shoe ins signings who and when they want gives them an unfair advantage. I cannot see where adding foreign sides will be of value to the game in England and more so the neglect of the game in Cumbria as of this time still neglected but then those at RL head quarters and the dollar chasers could not give a ——

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 23 Sep 2018, 19:21

:clap:
laner wrote:Why are the RL are pushing for foreign clubs when the game in this country needs a major overhaul for a start junior development could be better, bring back a team rugby, standards regarding refereeing at an all time low and sky who we know is a good source of income should be asked to change its game structure, As for the foreign teams they should develop the game in there own country don’t think they should be given shoe ins signings who and when they want gives them an unfair advantage. I cannot see where adding foreign sides will be of value to the game in England and more so the neglect of the game in Cumbria as of this time still neglected but then those at RL head quarters and the dollar chasers could not give a ——
:clap: :clap:

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 23 Sep 2018, 19:28

Double :clap: :clap:

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 23 Sep 2018, 19:58

sparky49 wrote::clap:
laner wrote:Why are the RL are pushing for foreign clubs when the game in this country needs a major overhaul for a start junior development could be better, bring back a team rugby, standards regarding refereeing at an all time low and sky who we know is a good source of income should be asked to change its game structure, As for the foreign teams they should develop the game in there own country don’t think they should be given shoe ins signings who and when they want gives them an unfair advantage. I cannot see where adding foreign sides will be of value to the game in England and more so the neglect of the game in Cumbria as of this time still neglected but then those at RL head quarters and the dollar chasers could not give a ——
:clap: :clap:
We can (and probably should) have that debate, but in terms of the question posted by this thread the fact is that all 3 of the teams are in the qualifiers and at least one of them will be promoted, so the debate is a bit of a moot point right now. In terms of what will be best for the league in terms of generating interest both locally, nationally and internationally then it has to be Toronto.

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 23 Sep 2018, 20:10

Tiger53 wrote:Double :clap: :clap:
and trebled from me :clap: :clap:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Sep 2018, 20:21

I'm a traditionalist that likes to follow us home and away. I think the game needs to be very careful that they don't start pricing people out of the game,very few fans will be able to travel to Catalans and Toronto in the same season and even less so if those fixtures come close together.

I'm hoping London get in although having been to the Trailfinders with the academy it's not geared up for super league so they may need another new venue which would set them back again having spent 3 good years their. They do have the structure on the field with an excellent youth development.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 23 Sep 2018, 20:31

Thought player development was required at different levels so does Toronto meet requirements or does that pass the buck where as Cumbria has always met that with junior rugby being strong and before anyone comments about financial problems which have happened to the clubs and those in Lancs&Yorkshire they are still active whereas the likes of other tried shoe ins have failed. Would expect if they do qualify they will use ther financial clout and put together a side that would be of a unfair advantage to opponents very much doubt if those at RL head quarters have visited Cumbria and seen the potential there and do they really believe that including foreign teams will make the game stronger here very much doubt it past history is fact

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Sep 2018, 21:08

laner wrote:Thought player development was required at different levels so does Toronto meet requirements or does that pass the buck where as Cumbria has always met that with junior rugby being strong and before anyone comments about financial problems which have happened to the clubs and those in Lancs&Yorkshire they are still active whereas the likes of other tried shoe ins have failed. Would expect if they do qualify they will use ther financial clout and put together a side that would be of a unfair advantage to opponents very much doubt if those at RL head quarters have visited Cumbria and seen the potential there and do they really believe that including foreign teams will make the game stronger here very much doubt it past history is fact
I believe that it's no longer a requirement to run any youth teams, Salford don't have any youth development whilst there's the city of hull academy based at bishop Burton some 20 miles from hull that serves both hull clubs. Sorry to say there is no longer a Cumbria regional academy either but I do believe many of there players do still keep getting picked up. It should also be taken into consideration that the more clubs that choose not to run academies the less players coming into the system.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 23 Sep 2018, 21:28

Having visited the pro and ametaur clubs in Cumbria over many years it’s remarkable the number of young players up there makes you think if the structures there were given help how many future pro players would be developed

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 23 Sep 2018, 22:57

the machine wrote:Toronto

Whilst they wouldn't add anything to the gates they would bring with them a wealthy, ambitious owner and the chance to crack several new wealthy TV deals and sponsors, something our game desperately needs
This

MY CLUB. MY CAS