U19s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

U19s

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2018, 12:28

Finished the season with a 34-28 win over league winners Wigan with only 15 players.

One of the best games I've seen at any level all year coming back from 10-28 down showing unbelievable character as it would have been easy to give up with nothing to play for. The lads through everything they had at Wigan who had no answer to the Tigers onslaught.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: U19s

Post by gateman » 15 Sep 2018, 16:04

I could not make the match last night, but I have been told try machine Lewis Carr got four and Robbie Storey a length of the field try, Lewis must be easily the top try scorer in the under 19 league I don't know how many he as scored but it must be going on 40,

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Sep 2018, 16:26

gateman wrote:I could not make the match last night, but I have been told try machine Lewis Carr got four and Robbie Storey a length of the field try, Lewis must be easily the top try scorer in the under 19 league I don't know how many he as scored but it must be going on 40,

38 total. Interesting to see if we would give him a go over next 2 games.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Sep 2018, 16:44

Lewis is from my home town I see him at Normanton games , he is only very young and needs to fill out before he is tried in the first team , but what a prospect this lad is keep it up Lewis

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Sep 2018, 17:10

gateman wrote:Lewis is from my home town I see him at Normanton games , he is only very young and needs to fill out before he is tried in the first team , but what a prospect this lad is keep it up Lewis

Like Buckley getting a chance for Widnes and Lyons.

Anyway, always interesting who stays and who leaves. A couple of names who have been near the first team leaving like Jack Rayy.
Turner, Storey, Carr signed first team deals.

Do we know the futures of Butterworth, O'Neil, Render?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2018, 17:20

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:Lewis is from my home town I see him at Normanton games , he is only very young and needs to fill out before he is tried in the first team , but what a prospect this lad is keep it up Lewis

Anyway, always interesting who stays and who leaves. A couple of names who have been near the first team leaving like Jack Rayy.

Butterworth,Render,Rae,Hall.year 3s all released.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Sep 2018, 18:31

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

any others managed to sign new full time deals?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Sep 2018, 19:52

Casmoley wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Turner,storey and possibly o Neil are full time.
The rest have only been offered part time shame really as the 19s right side have been superb all year.Lewis rightly gets a lot of credit as he's a great finisher but that space as to be created inside him.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Sep 2018, 21:05

Lewis Peachey is one Powell seems to like also

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2018, 07:32

It must be tough for the young lads who are told they havnt got a future at the club I remember a documentary about Harry Redknapp I saw and he was saying the hardest part of his job was getting the mum and dad and the young apprentice together and telling them he wasn't going to be getting a contract and then offering advice wether he thought the lad should try looking for another club or think of doing something else for a living
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Sep 2018, 08:15

We at Normanton Knights are lucky to have in our ranks three EX CAS under 19 players all three have served us very well, if any of the lads who are out of contract want to play on I am sure they will be welcomed with open arms with any of our local amateur teams, from there it could be a stepping stone back to being a professional player

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Sep 2018, 09:48

gateman wrote:We at Normanton Knights are lucky to have in our ranks three EX CAS under 19 players all three have served us very well, if any of the lads who are out of contract want to play on I am sure they will be welcomed with open arms with any of our local amateur teams, from there it could be a stepping stone back to being a professional player

another thing the reserve team will help with... 2 or 3 that are now released may get a year or two in the reserves to see how they develop.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 16 Sep 2018, 10:07

I’ve not seen anything announced but will all SL clubs have to run a reserve grade under the new structure from next year?

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Sep 2018, 11:05

Not next year but i think this is comming in 2020

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Sep 2018, 11:08

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Turner,storey and possibly o Neil are full time.
The rest have only been offered part time shame really as the 19s right side have been superb all year.Lewis rightly gets a lot of credit as he's a great finisher but that space as to be created inside him.
Think O'Neill has sign a few weeks back but like always not announced

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Sep 2018, 12:50

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:We at Normanton Knights are lucky to have in our ranks three EX CAS under 19 players all three have served us very well, if any of the lads who are out of contract want to play on I am sure they will be welcomed with open arms with any of our local amateur teams, from there it could be a stepping stone back to being a professional player

another thing the reserve team will help with... 2 or 3 that are now released may get a year or two in the reserves to see how they develop.
The problem will be wages,lads at 20-21 need money in there pockets they cannot live on academy wages they need a living wage.this Imo is the biggest factor in why lads choose to leave the sport all together and choose a life outside of RL,unless a player is fortunate enough to have a family that can provide for them its just not feasible to live on nothing.

I fear that some clubs will scrimp on reserves and tap into local amateur clubs players on a pay as you play deal which happened before which kind of makes a mockery of what it should be about which is bridging the gap between u19s and first team whilst giving returning players and on playing first teamers game time.

Interesting times to see how it works and which clubs work it correctly.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2018, 11:39

Casmoley wrote:

Butterworth going to be given a full time contract at huddersfield
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Oct 2018, 12:28

Butterworth , was given big wraps when he joined us midseason having seen him a couple of times I was not over impressed

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2018, 12:32

I never saw him play mate but like you id heard he was a terrific prospect anyway off to Huddersfield now
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Oct 2018, 15:56

tigerfeat wrote:I never saw him play mate but like you id heard he was a terrific prospect anyway off to Huddersfield now
Never really fit in to our style,very much an individual rather than a team player.