returning players

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: returning players

Post by the machine » 17 Sep 2018, 11:34

tigerfeat wrote:clare will get dropped for minikin if everybody is fit
He shouldn't
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Sep 2018, 12:12

both Clark and sticks should keep their places they have proved there worth

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Sep 2018, 12:22

^^ Agree Gateman. I've been trying to think of any reasons to replace Clare and I can't think of any - he's done a cracking job. Clark would be in my 17 with everyone fit on current form anyway. Webster is the one i'd be 50/50 on. I'm a massive fan of Jake and think he deserves a proper send off, but he has just lost his edge in defence. He is still a handful going forward, but he has dropped off more one on one tackles this year than I've seen him drop off in the rest of the time he's been here put together. He just hasn't had that sharpness in defence this year. I'd like to see him return to the club when his Bradford contract is finished though, in some community capacity - the game needs people like Jake, a genuinely fantastic bloke who always has time for anybody.

BCT
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Wheldon Road End - The side bit next to the main stand

Post by BCT » 17 Sep 2018, 12:30

Agree with most on here it was unfair for Clare to come off. I've always liked Clare from his first stint with us. I remember the away game at Hull where he had a stinker and he's improved massively since then. Solid defender and he has shown when played this year he can score tries and his contribution on returning the ball is decent. Has made a fair few breaks in midfield for us aswell. Hope he keeps his place.
Cas Until I Die

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 19 Sep 2018, 13:18

If Clare gets dropped this week for minikin it will only be to give the later game time, rather than ability. The lad has been great this year.