Grand final winners

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Grand final winners

Post by WF10 » 17 Sep 2018, 20:21

cogito ergo sum wrote:
WF10 wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
mart0042 wrote: It was a great feeling to beat them at their new ground in the first match. Great atmosphere.
I don’t think those play-off games that year have ever been matched for atmosphere away from home. Amazing support at all 3.

Absolute scenes at the scoreboard end at Headingley when Fritz (?) went over.

Think it was Andrew Schick

Limbs.
Weren't that the year before? In the cup?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 Sep 2018, 20:30

WF10 wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
WF10 wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
mart0042 wrote: It was a great feeling to beat them at their new ground in the first match. Great atmosphere.
I don’t think those play-off games that year have ever been matched for atmosphere away from home. Amazing support at all 3.

Absolute scenes at the scoreboard end at Headingley when Fritz (?) went over.

Think it was Andrew Schick

Limbs.
Weren't that the year before? In the cup?
Schick try was 98 in CC. Fritz was play off eliminate the week after beating Wigan in 99.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 17 Sep 2018, 20:42

It was definitely Fitz who scored. I still strongly remember my dad flying down the steps and nearly knocking me off the wall in celebration!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Sep 2018, 21:00

Yes, Schick was in cup.
Gathered a Vowles high kick in 81st minute.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Sep 2018, 08:09

Shick 98 challenge cup
Fritz 99 play offs
A nice sandwich to graham Murray’s Leeds coaching career.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Sep 2018, 08:21

how our fortunes have turned round since DP came on the scene when he took over from Mildred we could not buy a win, a grand final appearance last year and 80 mins from another

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 18 Sep 2018, 09:58

StevieTheTV wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Robbo wrote:I got 5 but price may have come in a bit.
Think a full 80 mins will give us a victory.
Anyone remember the first game at their new Home when we beat them with at least 4000 Cas fans there. Happy days
Robbo
That was a gritty performance. Betts scored early too and you sensed they that they would walk it. Remember going potty when Cowie knocked on from the drop out in last minute. Scenes.
It was a great feeling to beat them at their new ground in the first match. Great atmosphere.

I will never forget the 25 minute conga at Saints. We knew we were on a hiding to nothing but that was my favourite ever away game.
Those games were incredible. That was the year we beat the pies three times wasn't it. The Saints game was unreal though

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Sep 2018, 12:17

gateman wrote:how our fortunes have turned round since DP came on the scene when he took over from Mildred we could not buy a win, a grand final appearance last year and 80 mins from another
When I was calling for him to be sacked many of this boards regulars said we couldn’t afford to (you know who you are). What’s happened in the years since has shown what nonsense they were spouting.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Sep 2018, 12:45

alftupper wrote:
gateman wrote:how our fortunes have turned round since DP came on the scene when he took over from Mildred we could not buy a win, a grand final appearance last year and 80 mins from another
When I was calling for him to be sacked many of this boards regulars said we couldn’t afford to (you know who you are). What’s happened in the years since has shown what nonsense they were spouting.
Out of interest, who was saying that? Just so we’re aware who’s knowledge is more reliable etc. I rate your posts Alfie
Audacter Et Sincere

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 21 Sep 2018, 14:44

I'm not trolling, but this time last year quite a lot of us wanted to see the team who finished top crowned champions outright, and do away with playoffs and the Grand Final. I said at the time it's ok thinking that way when we finish top, but it's a bit different when we don't.

Hand on heart, would anyone be happy to see St Helens crowned as champions with the remaining teams having nothing else to play for as they can't overtake St Helens....despite the fact our friends over Merseyside way are looking a little bit more unbeatable of late.

TiGR

Post by TiGR » 21 Sep 2018, 16:07

Yes, but I'm old school, so Grand Final is not the main prize.

No problem with having some kind of playoff to keep the interest going to the very end of the season, but far as I'm concerned Saints are League Champions this year.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 21 Sep 2018, 16:13

Askham Tiger wrote:I'm not trolling, but this time last year quite a lot of us wanted to see the team who finished top crowned champions outright, and do away with playoffs and the Grand Final. I said at the time it's ok thinking that way when we finish top, but it's a bit different when we don't.

Hand on heart, would anyone be happy to see St Helens crowned as champions with the remaining teams having nothing else to play for as they can't overtake St Helens....despite the fact our friends over Merseyside way are looking a little bit more unbeatable of late.
The team who finish top after playing everyone else home and away have been the best team of the season & deserve to be seen as champions. The playoffs, whatever format they take (and they are changing yet again next year) are a glorified knock out competition where luck plays a much greater part in the result. That doesn't mean that I don't want us to win the CC or GF but I think the LLS should be more highly prized than it is.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Sep 2018, 23:10

alftupper wrote:
:lol: oh dear