Physicality

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Physicality

Post by TT Tiger » 10 Sep 2018, 09:54

I don’t get this lack of physicality a few weeks ago we were complaining about silly penalties? I think we have enough forwards who have plenty of physicality about the Watts, McShane, Clark and Milner all like to mix it up a bit. Wardle can put the hits in and going forward is there many better than Moors?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Sep 2018, 09:59

TT Tiger wrote:I don’t get this lack of physicality a few weeks ago we were complaining about silly penalties? I think we have enough forwards who have plenty of physicality about the Watts, McShane, Clark and Milner all like to mix it up a bit. Wardle can put the hits in and going forward is there many better than Moors?
My main concern is the going forward.
Yes moors is the one who runs hard, so does Clark, I’d like our forwards to stand deeper and run like a train onto the ball, it’s one thing we don’t seem to do, generally the big men are stood when the ball comes to them.
I wanna see them go like a train at the defence.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 10 Sep 2018, 10:13

old cas lass wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:I don’t get this lack of physicality a few weeks ago we were complaining about silly penalties? I think we have enough forwards who have plenty of physicality about the Watts, McShane, Clark and Milner all like to mix it up a bit. Wardle can put the hits in and going forward is there many better than Moors?
Yes moors is the one who runs hard, so does Clark, I’d like our forwards to stand deeper and run like a train onto the ball, it’s one thing we don’t seem to do, generally the big men are stood when the ball comes to them.
Maybe thats DP's game plan, sometimes if you stand deep and run onto the ball it will cause a slow play of the ball, if you stand shallow and take the ball in, the impact isnt as high meaning you can get to the ground and play the ball quicker meaning our ruck speed is higher.

This season when weve been pumped up and tried to match the oppositions physicality, weve come unstuck, Catalans away / Hudds at home for example.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Sep 2018, 10:17

StevieTheTV wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Maybe thats DP's game plan, sometimes if you stand deep and run onto the ball it will cause a slow play of the ball, if you stand shallow and take the ball in, the impact isnt as high meaning you can get to the ground and play the ball quicker meaning our ruck speed is higher.

This season when weve been pumped up and tried to match the oppositions physicality, weve come unstuck, Catalans away / Hudds at home for example.
Very true steve, you can only play the ball quick if the opposition lets you.
We seem to lay there until the tackler gets off.
We should be fighting to get up, show the refs that teams are laying on.
Sometimes we are to nice.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 10 Sep 2018, 12:01

I think some of our fans need to subscribe to Tiger tv, and watch the games again.because when it comes to Cas some have very short memories. Our pack dominated the Warrington,Catalan, and Hull packs in the last three games, and most of the games this season, that's why we are pushing for a top two finish,and are guaranteed in the top four

This season we have been decimated by injury, but still got the job done. We had a bad first half against Wigan, and without two dodgy high tackle penalty's by McMeeken, under our sticks we would have got a draw or even won the game