TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by old cas lass » 07 Sep 2018, 22:19

So what do we think to the crusher on wardle.
Exactly same last night and Thaler sends the Wakefield player to the sin bin, hewer nothing tonight.
So much inconsistency’s in the game. Thought hewer let hull get away with murder, so much niggling in the tackle. Time the refs got a hold of the blatant cheating and fiening injury.

One negative from tonight is oli Holmes injury, looks like his season could be over.
Was also worried about millington, but he seemed ok.
Last edited by old cas lass on 07 Sep 2018, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 07 Sep 2018, 22:27

14 points conceded in two games,that's good. however we need to cut out the silly penalties.

Need somebody following Watts,Moors & Millo looking for offloads when they take the ball up as well.

But a wins a win...on the next Thurs.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 07 Sep 2018, 22:35

classysupercas3 wrote:
the machine wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:Sorry not convinced. Gale didn't see much even tho I know only second game. Roberts also didn't do much.
What were you expecting? 80 points and several full length tries?
No I gave the score beforehand. Are you convinced of a semi win ?
I'm convinced we can up it several gears when needed, tonight wasn't a night that it was
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 07 Sep 2018, 23:10

Fullback, Halfbacks and Forwards more than good enough but from 2 to 4 that’s the weakness within the team another centre and winger signings a much needed priority

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 07 Sep 2018, 23:44

laner wrote:Fullback, Halfbacks and Forwards more than good enough but from 2 to 4 that’s the weakness within the team another centre and winger signings a much needed priority
A bit of a strange game.

We lacked intensity early doors and never got out of the lower gears.

Agree with the above - we always seem on the back foot against their big fat lads in the backs - tonight was no exception.

The remaining 3 games could be equally as odd:

Hudds - depends if they turn up. We could catch a cold.
Wakey - depends if they turn up and local rivalry fires them up. We could catch a cold.
Saints - could be anything. They could rest a full side - so could we. Or we could nick 2nd place with a win if Wigan wobble a bit before then (unlikely)

Tonight was the first time this season we've strung 3 straight wins together - but we are 3rd...

It's been a strange season - here's hoping it's got a stranger ending!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 07 Sep 2018, 23:54

laner wrote:Fullback, Halfbacks and Forwards more than good enough but from 2 to 4 that’s the weakness within the team another centre and winger signings a much needed priority
be careful you don't slag sticks or shenton you will get slaughtered on here eden definitely one off best wingers in super league but yes we need another winger and centre cant relay on minikin coming back and making the grade

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 08 Sep 2018, 00:29

Hull are just happy not to be in the middle 8's, so cant read a lot in to today.

penalties, an issue and an actual proper handling error from Millington, you can count them on one hand.

Banked the top four, it really depends who turns up now in the next few weeks as others have said, balancing we have to plan for a semi, versus other teams playing for next year's momentum and players getting a shot at a renewal.

I don't think we taxed ourselves that much, from 18-0, I think we were never that arsed, if I am honest.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 08 Sep 2018, 01:01

I thought our disapline was shocking today, we conceded a lot of pens and could have conceded a lot more honestly if the ref had seen them, true the same can be said of Hull the ref missed one or two from them. A big positive from the match for me was wardle, I thought today he had his best game for the club.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 08 Sep 2018, 01:11

I thought that Hewer was under instruction to keep the score reasonable, hence the questionable pens.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Sep 2018, 08:05

The team will have to surpass anything theve done this season by some way in my opinion if there to go beat Wigan still so many mistakes in our game can we get it all together in the semi we will see shortly
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Sep 2018, 08:06

The Hull coach asked for a response and got one, it was a much improved Hull out there than the one that played Warington i for one enjoyed the match

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Sep 2018, 08:41

classysupercas3 wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:
the machine wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:Sorry not convinced. Gale didn't see much even tho I know only second game. Roberts also didn't do much.
No one can be convinced of a semi win. It's a semi..
Well if I was a Wigan fan , I would be pal
They always are . It’s called arrogance.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 08 Sep 2018, 08:45

classysupercas3 wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:
the machine wrote:
No one can be convinced of a semi win. It's a semi..
Well if I was a Wigan fan , I would be pal
yeh because wigam have looked great havent they? only just beat us and we were shocking, played well against saints and then beat wakey with all the help from the referee, it referees are consistent and fair the hull player should have got a yellow card like ashurst did against wigan.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Sep 2018, 08:47

Last nights game was very painful to watch. Attack was very make it up as you go along and the defence, although solid for the first 40 minutes, was average at best in the 2nd half, the amount of offloads Hull managed was a worrying sign.

We always seem to play better in the bigger games than we do when we come up against struggling teams. Weird mentality we have sometimes.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 08 Sep 2018, 08:49

I thought we just went through the motions after going 3 scores up but got to credit Hulls attitude to defend for the full 80 minutes they certainly showed up for each other and I think their fans appreciated that effort last night although they must be questioning where that has been in the last month.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Sep 2018, 08:55

There bench was one of the weakest that will.have played any super league game this season and not to score a point in the last thirty minutes was pity poor I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 08 Sep 2018, 09:16

we were solid and workmanlike without breaking any pots.i'd like to see the attack coming together a bit more cohesively over the next couple of weeks ready for the semi.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Sep 2018, 09:39

WallTiger wrote:I thought we just went through the motions after going 3 scores up but got to credit Hulls attitude to defend for the full 80 minutes they certainly showed up for each other and I think their fans appreciated that effort last night although they must be questioning where that has been in the last month.
That seems to be the difference between us and the other 3 in top 4. We switch off and go through the motions where as the others go for the sword and score 60+ points

Having said all that it comes down to 1 game in 4 weeks time

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Sep 2018, 09:57

I think second half we were trying our best not to concede and pick up injuries rather than scoring points. The game was won and we really don't need injuries now.

Oli Holmes major hamstring injury anyone know? Season ender?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Sep 2018, 10:43

Swagger wrote:I think second half we were trying our best not to concede and pick up injuries rather than scoring points. The game was won and we really don't need injuries now.

Oli Holmes major hamstring injury anyone know? Season ender?
The way he went down and was helped off did not look promising at all.