Centre

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Centre

Post by bane73 » 12 Sep 2018, 13:33

Oldcasman wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:Probally give Maher another year see if he improves somewhat????
I would not give him another day he will never make a s/l player in fact I don’t think he is a nl1 player more fitting for open age rugby
I wouldn’t play him in under 10 kids team, useless is an understatement.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Sep 2018, 20:24

Anyone else think that we've had the best out of Shenton? Time for him to move on IMO. Definately shouldnt have the captaincy next season. Has to go to Gale or Macca.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 13 Sep 2018, 20:49

heritage1926 wrote:Anyone else think that we've had the best out of Shenton? Time for him to move on IMO. Definately shouldnt have the captaincy next season. Has to go to Gale or Macca.
Yes we probably have had the best of him, but his best was an international centre. He is still class and anybody who plays outside him scores a boat load and his defence is still top notch, definitely got another season or two. Now the captaincy is a different matter as I have never seen him as a leader but he has led us through one of the best periods of our history and will go down as a legend, so maybe you don't need to scream and shout like all us numptys want to see.

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 13 Sep 2018, 20:50

I agree he's not having his best season

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Sep 2018, 22:00

Shenny didnt have the best of games today nor has he for the past couple of weeks.maybe give him a rest and try minikin there.clare for me has earnt his place on the wing since filling in there

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Sep 2018, 23:31

Bolton-tiger wrote:Shenny didnt have the best of games today nor has he for the past couple of weeks.maybe give him a rest and try minikin there.clare for me has earnt his place on the wing since filling in there
don't like agreeing mate but you're correct. seemed like the first hour every move died when shenny (i've always been a big fan) got the ball. either turned inside and got tackled or dropped it. maybe just trying too hard when he now has genuine competition for his place.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 13 Sep 2018, 23:56

heritage1926 wrote:Anyone else think that we've had the best out of Shenton? Time for him to move on IMO. Definately shouldnt have the captaincy next season. Has to go to Gale or Macca.
Yes been seeing it for a while now.but also Webster.thats why everyone pleading for another centre????

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Sep 2018, 00:10

how dare you slack shenton off on here lol but serious his defence is still good shame not like nfl were you bring him on just to defend. I would still like us to get a fullback think pete would be immense at centre like a young webster

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2018, 00:31

Shennys droped more ball since Wigan away game than he's done rest of his career put together sure he will bounce back shortly tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Sep 2018, 08:36

flow wrote:
how dare you slack shenton off on here lol but serious his defence is still good shame not like nfl were you bring him on just to defend. I would still like us to get a fullback think pete would be immense at centre like a young webster
Nah keep PM at FB, he's as close as we will get to Zak in that position.

I'd bring in a new centre for 2019 if we can

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Sep 2018, 09:49

Shenny is a better defender than attacker and I think he's a better right centre than left.

Webbo got shown up a couple of times, being beaten in reaction. Going forward he's a handful.

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 18 Sep 2018, 23:20

Shenny has had a few off games this season. But I thought the same of Webster when he had that mare earlier in in the year and he's been pretty consistent since, other than against Hull first half. Matautia's brother (who is a centre) is rumoured as signing next year though I believe.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Sep 2018, 08:10

We are 80 mins away from a final , i know alot of think we should play what is thought to be our strongest team every week, but both our centres at this moment in time have got their age against them and must be feeling the knocks, i dont think a week on the side lines would do them any harm, we have Minikin Agodo and Storey awaiting their time is the time now

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Sep 2018, 09:04

Egodo was injured playing for Bradford on Sunday.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Sep 2018, 21:08

Im sorry but Shenton is done.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Sep 2018, 21:29

Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

I think if tonight shows anything it's that we must get a centre in during the off season. For me it's probably our weakest position.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 21 Sep 2018, 22:22

Swagger wrote:Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

I think if tonight shows anything it's that we must get a centre in during the off season. For me it's probably our weakest position.
He said after the match it was nothing to worry about.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2018, 22:43

I’d like to see shenny rested next week, it won’t do him any harm.
Sadly it seems age is also catching up with him.
He just seemed sluggish tonight.
No need risking him next week if he recovers, a week off will do him good, can’t think he’s had much of a rest this season.
Jake and minikin in centres, Eden and Clare wing for next week.
Unless DP is brave enough to give the young under 19 center a go.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Sep 2018, 22:44

Swagger wrote:Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

Much as Shenny has been great for us, if we are to progress next term, we need 2 centres for Christmas.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 21 Sep 2018, 23:00

SuffolkTiger wrote:

Much as Shenny has been great for us, if we are to progress next term, we need 2 centres for Christmas.
No idea where the shenny bashing has come from , there's a reason we score so many on the left he's part of that . It's the right side centre we need to worry about .
TM Out