Centre

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Centre

Post by Swagger » 21 Sep 2018, 21:29

Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

I think if tonight shows anything it's that we must get a centre in during the off season. For me it's probably our weakest position.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 21 Sep 2018, 22:22

Swagger wrote:Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

I think if tonight shows anything it's that we must get a centre in during the off season. For me it's probably our weakest position.
He said after the match it was nothing to worry about.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2018, 22:43

I’d like to see shenny rested next week, it won’t do him any harm.
Sadly it seems age is also catching up with him.
He just seemed sluggish tonight.
No need risking him next week if he recovers, a week off will do him good, can’t think he’s had much of a rest this season.
Jake and minikin in centres, Eden and Clare wing for next week.
Unless DP is brave enough to give the young under 19 center a go.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Sep 2018, 22:44

Swagger wrote:Shenton doesn't look happy about this injury. Could be a bad one.....

Much as Shenny has been great for us, if we are to progress next term, we need 2 centres for Christmas.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 21 Sep 2018, 23:00

SuffolkTiger wrote:

Much as Shenny has been great for us, if we are to progress next term, we need 2 centres for Christmas.
No idea where the shenny bashing has come from , there's a reason we score so many on the left he's part of that . It's the right side centre we need to worry about .
TM Out

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 21 Sep 2018, 23:14

scottiger wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

No idea where the shenny bashing has come from , there's a reason we score so many on the left he's part of that . It's the right side centre we need to worry about .
Here here, it's ridiculous the stick he gets on here, he is the captain of arguably our best ever team and his winger scores tries for fun, all the while being a rock solid defender. No way is he making way next season.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 21 Sep 2018, 23:28

Why it’s taken people until only recently to see Shenton’s games fallen so far off the cliff god only knows, he’s been on the decline for yonks, the fact the left edge in general for the past 3 years has come up with so many tries as blinded peoples faith, hes a shadow of the player he once was, and I mean that in the nicest possible way, at 33/34 however old he is, his time is almost up, his game is littered with errors, be it his decision making, falling off tackles, or coughing more ball up than I care to remember, Wigan will target him in a fortnights time just like they did in round 1 of the 8s, they’ll send as much traffic his way as possible, particularly John Bateman, he blew a certain try tonight for Eden just after he opened the scoring, which should of been a 5th, and the attempt on Reece Lyne was pretty pathetic to say the least, if theirs a chinc in our armour going into that semi and a possible back to back grand final, it lays at the door of our captain.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 21 Sep 2018, 23:29

Definitely need a centre adding hope DP is thinking same

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 21 Sep 2018, 23:34

Dixie D wrote:
scottiger wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

Here here, it's ridiculous the stick he gets on here, he is the captain of arguably our best ever team and his winger scores tries for fun, all the while being a rock solid defender. No way is he making way next season.
Gale, Dorn, Hardaker, just 3 reasons why Greg and the snake before him have crossed for so many tries, rock solid defender? Those days have long gone.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 21 Sep 2018, 23:35

It's been obvious for months we need a centre

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Sep 2018, 23:35

Who needs enemy’s with fans on here.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Sep 2018, 23:43

Knock him as much as you like, how come all our left wingers score rakes of tries?. Fast hands, that's why. Also very solid defensively, including tonight when he's down injured at the ptb then gets up still injured to make the next tackle. With regard to those who think that moves die when shenny gets the ball, it's often to avoid being tackled into touch. Granted 5 years ago he'd have burnt the winger on the outside but for me he usually takes the right option. No idea what his contract situation is but I'd be fine with one more year. I'd give the captaincy to McShane though.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Sep 2018, 00:07

at least the fans are leaving Massey alone, you who don't think much of him just look at his game statistics he must be doing something right I will be happy if he is still in the team next season

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Sep 2018, 00:15

gateman wrote:at least the fans are leaving Massey alone, you who don't think much of him just look at his game statistics he must be doing something right I will be happy if he is still in the team next season
Alot off people are sentimental about shenton and why shunt they be he left for st helens and came back to us when that dint work out but like they say every dog as its day

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 22 Sep 2018, 00:30

He left for St Helens because we as a club were not in a financial position to pay him what he was worth at that moment.
The question is, what would you or anyone else do if you had 15 years to try to earn a lifetime's worth of wages with no trade or qualifications to fall back on. Not like the old days where 90% of the boys trained twice a week and had a job as well...

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Sep 2018, 01:03

We would have no team left with fans on here. Get rid of Massey, get rid of Ellis, get rid of Shenton, get rid of Roberts, get rid of Wardle he’s injury prone, get rid of Holmes, he slows play down.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 22 Sep 2018, 02:45

Not to mention our "crap signings" Clare and Clark who were panned by many on here before a ball had been kicked

thundercats

Post by thundercats » 22 Sep 2018, 06:49

There's a bunch of flipping plonkers on this board. 80 minutes from a possible back to back Grand Final and you're still bagging players. Bagging the captain that has lead us with nothing but pride and professionalism. Now is the time to show nothing but belief. We will not make it to Old Trafford unless everyone has utter belief and commitment in whoever is on the pitch in our shirt. Let's see some more positive chat going arrive please.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Sep 2018, 09:01

Shenton will be fine for the Semi. I've no doubt he could play next week but it's a pointless risk. Play Wardle or Webster that side. Minikin can play centre if Webster shifts sides.

What is clear is we need to sign a top centre for 2020.

Shenton won't be around forever. Wardle wants to play back row. Foster could be the answer, but it's whether he has the natural skill set to be a centre.

It's our major focus for the year after IMO. Shame We missed out on Braydon Williame.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Sep 2018, 11:08

I’ve a sneaky feeling wardle will be centre instead of Jake for the semi and hopefully final