Centre

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Centre

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Sep 2018, 13:17

dettoriman wrote:Shenton will be fine for the Semi. I've no doubt he could play next week but it's a pointless risk. Play Wardle or Webster that side. Minikin can play centre if Webster shifts sides.

What is clear is we need to sign a top centre for 2020.

Shenton won't be around forever. Wardle wants to play back row. Foster could be the answer, but it's whether he has the natural skill set to be a centre.

It's our major focus for the year after IMO. Shame We missed out on Braydon Williame.
Where u been hiding?

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Sep 2018, 13:18

Scoopage wrote:I’ve a sneaky feeling wardle will be centre instead of Jake for the semi and hopefully final
Me too

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Sep 2018, 13:50

old cas lass wrote:I’d like to see shenny rested next week, it won’t do him any harm.
Sadly it seems age is also catching up with him.
He just seemed sluggish tonight.
No need risking him next week if he recovers, a week off will do him good, can’t think he’s had much of a rest this season.
Jake and minikin in centres, Eden and Clare wing for next week.
Unless DP is brave enough to give the young under 19 center a go.
To be honest I thought he had his best game for ages. His defence was awesome including the tackle he pulled off immediately after the one that injured him. His service to the wing was better than for a while. I thought he was a MoM candidate. Funny how we all see things differently

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Sep 2018, 14:04

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I’d like to see shenny rested next week, it won’t do him any harm.
Sadly it seems age is also catching up with him.
He just seemed sluggish tonight.
No need risking him next week if he recovers, a week off will do him good, can’t think he’s had much of a rest this season.
Jake and minikin in centres, Eden and Clare wing for next week.
Unless DP is brave enough to give the young under 19 center a go.
To be honest I thought he had his best game for ages. His defence was awesome including the tackle he pulled off immediately after the one that injured him. His service to the wing was better than for a while. I thought he was a MoM candidate. Funny how we all see things differently

He did do some positive things in the game.
But I’ve noticed and so gave a few others, shenny is making more errors than he as ever done in the last few games.
He might be carrying an injury, or it could be just lack of concentration.
I rate his defence, but the attempted tackle on Reece Lynn was poor in shennys terms.
Also he seems to be losing a lot of ball in the tackle, something he never seemed to do in the past.
Could be just tiredness, he’s played a lot of games this season without a break.
A week off next week could freshen him up.
He’s still a favourite of mine, but I think next year will be his last at the club.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Sep 2018, 14:38

If we are going to beat Wigan we need shenny playing and playing well. Pretty much a mixed bag from him of late doing some good things but also making some uncharacteristic errors but I think he's aware of this and IMO he's perhaps trying a little too hard.

Nice to see our left edge firing and we are going to have to take those chances when they come our way over the next few weeks. We've got some momentum behind us and I hope we look to keep that going at saints next week and any thought of it been a dead rubber put on hold.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Sep 2018, 15:04

Daryl will decide (know) we need to strengthen the outside backs, hopefully with a gifted centre that could play wing if needed too.

Shenton is average & reliable, honest and committed. Like all of Daryl’s choices. He’s sometimes above average and above all else is always good value & is valuable to us.

Imo he’s got another season, maybe 2! He’s only recently gone 32? He’ll only be 33 at the start of season 2020, never mind 2019.

I do think it will be an emergency to get hold of a centre at the end of next season, which is why we need one now.

I don’t think Tuoyo will make it at SL Level if I am honest. Minikin is almost the same build as shenny was at his age and is more likely his replacement than Webster’s replacement.

If we made 2 signings in the off season it would be a good solid centre and a utility back ‘prospect’ maybe that can cover FB too. That said, it could be Turners year next year too.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2018, 14:53

I watched game again this morning shenny had a good game he dropped a ball early on or had it pushed out after that very good what I saw
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Sep 2018, 20:18

Mysterio wrote:Daryl will decide (know) we need to strengthen the outside backs, hopefully with a gifted centre that could play wing if needed too.

Shenton is average & reliable, honest and committed. Like all of Daryl’s choices. He’s sometimes above average and above all else is always good value & is valuable to us.

Imo he’s got another season, maybe 2! He’s only recently gone 32? He’ll only be 33 at the start of season 2020, never mind 2019.

I do think it will be an emergency to get hold of a centre at the end of next season, which is why we need one now.

I don’t think Tuoyo will make it at SL Level if I am honest. Minikin is almost the same build as shenny was at his age and is more likely his replacement than Webster’s replacement.

If we made 2 signings in the off season it would be a good solid centre and a utility back ‘prospect’ maybe that can cover FB too. That said, it could be Turners year next year too.

what makes you say that about Tuoyo?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Sep 2018, 20:20

HuddsTigers wrote:We would have no team left with fans on here. Get rid of Massey, get rid of Ellis, get rid of Shenton, get rid of Roberts, get rid of Wardle he’s injury prone, get rid of Holmes, he slows play down.
I think the idea would be to replace them with better ](*,)

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 23 Sep 2018, 23:16

alftupper wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:We would have no team left with fans on here. Get rid of Massey, get rid of Ellis, get rid of Shenton, get rid of Roberts, get rid of Wardle he’s injury prone, get rid of Holmes, he slows play down.

Ah yes I'm sure we could easily replace all those players with better players, not a problem... i mean its not like there's a Salary cap or the club, lacking an exceedingly wealthy owner, has to ensure that finances are well managed.

People need to get their heads out of the clouds and realise that players like Massey and Shenton have been utterly key to getting Cas to where they are.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Sep 2018, 00:05

alftupper wrote:
Better would mean higher wages, meaning less players. And better is a very interesting comment given that there is no guarantee that better will come in and perform well or to the same standards, or even fit in with the culture we have.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Sep 2018, 09:01

There's time where I feel we need him and then times where I think we don't. He's dropping more ball than ever when we are in attack, but then will set Eden up with some beautiful assists. He's a really frustrating figure. I do however, think the captaincy would be best given to Gale or McShane for next year and beyond.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2018, 09:11

i have to laugh at people thinking shentons a ordinary kind of player just filing a spot till we get someone better you dont represent your country unless your a top player the idea you get rid of someone like shenny because hes going through a period as not being at his very best is daft i think hes got two more good years at cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi