Saturday Evening Games

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gerin2em

Saturday Evening Games

Post by gerin2em » 02 Sep 2018, 12:38

Good attendance last night, over seven and a half thousand, all Cas supporters. Is Saturday evenings the way forward for none televised home games? If that game had been played on Sunday afternoon I doubt we would have had that many in, or was it the Galey effect?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Saturday Evening Games

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 12:41

gerin2em wrote:Good attendance last night, over seven and a half thousand, all Cas supporters. Is Saturday evenings the way forward for none televised home games? If that game had been played on Sunday afternoon I doubt we would have had that many in, or was it the Galey effect?
Don’t forget the rail strike will have stopped a few as well.
Also the atmosphere was the best for a while.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 02 Sep 2018, 12:43

For me personally it would be a no as I work Saturdays. I think the biggest factor on last nights game was the two week break and good weather.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2018, 12:52

old cas lass wrote:
gerin2em wrote:Good attendance last night, over seven and a half thousand, all Cas supporters. Is Saturday evenings the way forward for none televised home games? If that game had been played on Sunday afternoon I doubt we would have had that many in, or was it the Galey effect?
But the rail strike works both ways so those who go out in Leeds on a Sat night may have had zip all to do so gone to rugby. Works both ways.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 12:54

HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
But the rail strike works both ways so those who go out in Leeds on a Sat night may have had zip all to do so gone to rugby. Works both ways.
Not the people who support cas and live in Leeds.
Could get to the game but not home, not by train.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2018, 12:57

But could get home by bus.

I travelled on the last train from Leeds with a couple of Cas fans.

Also, no Leeds football game on Saturday either so none rushing back from that or choosing one over the other.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 02 Sep 2018, 12:59

braytontiger wrote:For me personally it would be a no as I work Saturdays. I think the biggest factor on last nights game was the two week break and good weather.
I guess at the end of the day whenever you play your home games there is always some people who cant get. I worked shifts for 40 years and always missed about a third of matches each season......Making up for lost time now though.
COYF

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 13:07

Certainly best atmosphere there's being for a while which is some going considering under 15 away fans in ground
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Sep 2018, 13:35

i drove back to brid after the game and for once it was a pleasure, no tractors horse boxes or shed draggers to hold me up.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Sep 2018, 14:22

tigerfeat wrote:Certainly best atmosphere there's being for a while which is some going considering under 15 away fans in ground
Agree mate

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Sep 2018, 14:25

Thursday Friday Saturdays or Sundays if I have no family commitments I shall be there but on a personal note Sunday is my preferd match day

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 02 Sep 2018, 17:32

gerin2em wrote:
braytontiger wrote:For me personally it would be a no as I work Saturdays. I think the biggest factor on last nights game was the two week break and good weather.
I guess at the end of the day whenever you play your home games there is always some people who cant get. I worked shifts for 40 years and always missed about a third of matches each season......Making up for lost time now though.
COYF

Summer rugby did it for me. I used to watch every game home and away in winter. Now just about every match seems to clash with cricket matches, and I see about 1/3 of the matches I used to see. Its only Feb March and October that I can watch Cas now.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Sep 2018, 19:26

lurcher wrote: shed draggers to hold me up.
:lol:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Sep 2018, 20:25

stuey wrote:
gerin2em wrote:
COYF

Summer rugby did it for me. I used to watch every game home and away in winter. Now just about every match seems to clash with cricket matches, and I see about 1/3 of the matches I used to see. Its only Feb March and October that I can watch Cas now.
every body likes different sports but cricket bit like watching paint dry suppose twenty twenty is ok for bit off excitement a won't let it spoil the rugby season pal lol