JOB DONE

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: JOB DONE

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:46

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Id play strongest team every week now till it ends hopefully running round old Trafford
So would I.
We still aren’t hitting it off attack wise, though you could see it’s coming from some of the tries scored.
Need consistency now we have a few injured players back.
The side with gale shenton Eden and matautia chiming in is better than owt the other teams have it's wether Truman Roberts Clare side can hold its own
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 09:51

tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Id play strongest team every week now till it ends hopefully running round old Trafford
So would I.
We still aren’t hitting it off attack wise, though you could see it’s coming from some of the tries scored.
Need consistency now we have a few injured players back.
The side with gale shenton Eden and matautia chiming in is better than owt the other teams have it's wether Truman Roberts Clare side can hold its own
Oh I agree, just a couple of times we lost our way, especially when Shenton was looking for a runner and he threw the pass into touch.
I thought second half we scored a couple of 2017 tries down that left.
With gale back and peter M chiming in, the next few games look tasty.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:56

Yeah shenny was looking for a runner like he did with mcmeeken and ended up passing to touch judge ha
Agree tho that length of field try near end reminded me of last summer ...
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 10:00

tigerfeat wrote:Yeah shenny was looking for a runner like he did with mcmeeken and ended up passing to touch judge ha
Agree tho that length of field try near end reminded me of last summer ...
It warmed the cockles of my soul did that try.
The noise in the WRE was a 1000 decibels.
Would have like to have seen gale score from it but I think his legs at that point in the game had gone.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2018, 10:58

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:on the down side Massey may be injured and Holmes on report, now we are in the top four do you think we ought to be giving some of our young guns a run ?? I don't mean wholesale changes but at least one a match to see how they go we are going to need a center next year how about giving Robby Storie ago ??
What did Holmes do, must have missed that.
As with most decisions in the game, god knows. The ref was perplexing all the way through.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 12:09

Just seen the incident.
Certainly wasn’t a spear tackle.
Holmes just let go of the cats player and he dropped to the ground, don’t think it was intentional.
To see it go on Catalans twitter page, it shows you on there.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 02 Sep 2018, 12:47

gateman wrote:on the down side Massey may be injured and Holmes on report, now we are in the top four do you think we ought to be giving some of our young guns a run ?? I don't mean wholesale changes but at least one a match to see how they go we are going to need a center next year how about giving Robby Storie ago ??
We've spent all year having to chop and change due to injuries now more than ever we need some consistency in the team selection.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Sep 2018, 13:33

HuddsTigers wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
What did Holmes do, must have missed that.
As with most decisions in the game, god knows. The ref was perplexing all the way through.
it will be very interesting to see the penalty count.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Smudger » 02 Sep 2018, 14:42

Highlights from Dragons TV here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFB6lD_qHjU
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 15:27

Milo still got some toe :D
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Sep 2018, 17:54

tigerfeat wrote:Milo still got some toe :D
Oh yes! A magnificent rugby player is GM

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 02 Sep 2018, 23:26

Had to watch Edens third several times to see what happened. Will let my brain cool down a bit before trying again.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 08:01

braytontiger wrote:
We've spent all year having to chop and change due to injuries now more than ever we need some consistency in the team selection.
Agree with that Brayton. Obviously don't risk players with bad knocks but 100% it should be our best squad every week now.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 03 Sep 2018, 08:38

Brayton is right - continuity, cohesion and momentum at the business end.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 03 Sep 2018, 12:08

Just watched the game agaisnt catalans and the ref missed quite alot.most of the things he gave no one else ever saw.i know hes new to SL but he was poor quality for that level.a closer game the decisions he gave could have changed the game

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Sep 2018, 12:52

MØL wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Agree with that Brayton. Obviously don't risk players with bad knocks but 100% it should be our best squad every week now.
I do think we should freshen up some of the players who have been outting in a lot of minutes for the team though. People like McShane, Truey, maybe even Shenton. Trueman may be excelling but he still is only 19 and the last thing we want to do is burn him out early on now that Roberts is fit. Ditto McShane. There's a chance to rotate around some positions a bit more to give everyone some game time and either get them up to speed or keep them at the same consistent level.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 03 Sep 2018, 12:54

The young kid had a terrible game and made it a really poor quality contest for a SL match, hope we don't come across him again for a while whilst he gets up to speed.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 03 Sep 2018, 13:40

HuddsTigers wrote:
MØL wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
I do think we should freshen up some of the players who have been outting in a lot of minutes for the team though. People like McShane, Truey, maybe even Shenton. Trueman may be excelling but he still is only 19 and the last thing we want to do is burn him out early on now that Roberts is fit. Ditto McShane. There's a chance to rotate around some positions a bit more to give everyone some game time and either get them up to speed or keep them at the same consistent level.

We've just had 2 week off in the past month,how much freshening up does a player need. Had we been in Warringtons or even saints that made the semi final I'd agree but given our early exit in the cup we've had plenty of rest.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Sep 2018, 17:48

braytontiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
MØL wrote:
braytontiger wrote:

We've just had 2 week off in the past month,how much freshening up does a player need. Had we been in Warringtons or even saints that made the semi final I'd agree but given our early exit in the cup we've had plenty of rest.
But in those weeks, players still train, they're still working in the gym, still running the risk of injury. Fair enough, they are paid to do that but someone like Trueman should not be playing 30 SL games a season at his age. They have to be carefully managed and with the experience, now is the time to do just that, give everyone some game time and get some energy into their legs. We need to make sure everyone is fit and good to go should we get injuries. Gale and Roberts both need fitness and game time. Giving Trueman a week or two off just to get over any minor niggles and avoid burn out is a sensible plan for me.

McShane has carried the team and has played in pretty much every game this season sometimes controlling two positions effectively. As top tackler in the division, the amount of work he's done is incredible, and again, just rotating him a bit more may mean he has more of a pivotal impact in the business end of the year.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Sep 2018, 18:10

To be fair, not one player looked to be struggling With fitness on Saturday.
Confidence looked up, fitness looked up, our defensive line was as tight as a drum.
I’m sure Daryl will know which players need a rest, I’m bet everyone will put there hand up to play if ask.
Consistancy is the key at this time of the year, it’s called the business end.
Imo we play the best 17 whoever they may be.