JOB DONE

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

JOB DONE

Post by classysupercas3 » 01 Sep 2018, 22:06

Well that's a semi final spot practically guaranteed. Need to build momentum now and get some timing issues sorted. We can afford to rotate the pack also now. For me Truman's best game,for ages. Pete at full back steady as a ship. Need to start to work on intensity on last nights game,wigan was awesome and we need to be at our clinical best to beat em.overall chuffed to bits with what we have achieved considering refs and injuries.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: JOB DONE

Post by westerbeast » 01 Sep 2018, 22:12

Our forwards need to start being more aggressive in tackles, many a time we just lay a player onto the floor rather than ramming him into the floor.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Sep 2018, 22:16

westerbeast wrote:Our forwards need to start being more aggressive in tackles, many a time we just lay a player onto the floor rather than ramming him into the floor.
They also need to run with more aggression.
Clark does, but he seems the only one.

All in all a good performance.
But by heck how much have we missed gale......glad he’s back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Sep 2018, 22:28

Thought gale was very good top player ...Edens try tally will increase apace now that is for certain
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Sep 2018, 00:23

Top 4 and final positions pretty much sorted now.

1st - Saints (no more to say)
2nd - Wigan
3rd - Cas
4th - Wire

Remaining Fixtures:
Wigan
- Wakey (H)
- Wire (H)
- Hudds (A)
- Hull (H)

Cas
- Hull (A)
- Hudds (H)
- Wakey (H)
- Saints (A)

Wire
- Hudds (H)
- Wigan (A)
- Saints (H)
- Wakey (A)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2018, 00:49

Hudds best Wire next week, it is game on for 4th again. Relying on Wigan and Saints to do a job on Wire too for them and Hudds beating us and Wigan after too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Sep 2018, 02:42

HuddsTigers wrote:Hudds best Wire next week, it is game on for 4th again. Relying on Wigan and Saints to do a job on Wire too for them and Hudds beating us and Wigan after too.
I would expect Wire to pick up a minimum of 4 more points now.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 02 Sep 2018, 06:39

westerbeast wrote:Our forwards need to start being more aggressive in tackles, many a time we just lay a player onto the floor rather than ramming him into the floor.
Did you watch the game? The forwards absolutely dominated last tonight with aggression and far too much skill versus there one dimensional pack. Sometimes I agree we don't look aggressive but last night was a team that looked ruthless.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 06:52

We made there minds up for them there was nowt going to be down for em some big hits went in best was Mitchs hit first tackle of second half ...as morgy used to say coals come
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Sep 2018, 08:27

I thought it was an impressive performance last night.

The defence was fast & aggressive,plenty of bone crunches stood out. I would suspect Oli Holmes might be missing a couple of games but the players have finally realised that good D will sicken the opposition.

Just to see the reaction of the players when we forced the error after the five sets Catalans had on our line in the 1st half was as good as scoring the end to end try in the 2nd half!

Thought the usual suspects had good games, Trueman,Wardle had improved performances and Pete Mat will be as good a fullback as anyone after a full pre season under our coaching staff :)

In attack we were a little clunky at times but sometimes think the players need to relax abit,last season proved they are capabable....it'll click soon!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Sep 2018, 09:23

on the down side Massey may be injured and Holmes on report, now we are in the top four do you think we ought to be giving some of our young guns a run ?? I don't mean wholesale changes but at least one a match to see how they go we are going to need a center next year how about giving Robby Storie ago ??

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:30

Id play strongest team every week now till it ends hopefully running round old Trafford
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 09:33

gateman wrote:on the down side Massey may be injured and Holmes on report, now we are in the top four do you think we ought to be giving some of our young guns a run ?? I don't mean wholesale changes but at least one a match to see how they go we are going to need a center next year how about giving Robby Storie ago ??
What did Holmes do, must have missed that.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 09:35

tigerfeat wrote:Id play strongest team every week now till it ends hopefully running round old Trafford
So would I.
We still aren’t hitting it off attack wise, though you could see it’s coming from some of the tries scored.
Need consistency now we have a few injured players back.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Sep 2018, 09:37

Tip tackle after ball had gone. Same as Pomeroy did to Macca last match, although blind eyes turned on that occasion.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:46

old cas lass wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Id play strongest team every week now till it ends hopefully running round old Trafford
So would I.
We still aren’t hitting it off attack wise, though you could see it’s coming from some of the tries scored.
The side with gale shenton Eden and matautia chiming in is better than owt the other teams have it's wether Truman Roberts Clare side can hold its own
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 09:51

tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
So would I.
The side with gale shenton Eden and matautia chiming in is better than owt the other teams have it's wether Truman Roberts Clare side can hold its own
Oh I agree, just a couple of times we lost our way, especially when Shenton was looking for a runner and he threw the pass into touch.
I thought second half we scored a couple of 2017 tries down that left.
With gale back and peter M chiming in, the next few games look tasty.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:56

Yeah shenny was looking for a runner like he did with mcmeeken and ended up passing to touch judge ha
Agree tho that length of field try near end reminded me of last summer ...
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Sep 2018, 10:00

tigerfeat wrote:Yeah shenny was looking for a runner like he did with mcmeeken and ended up passing to touch judge ha
Agree tho that length of field try near end reminded me of last summer ...
It warmed the cockles of my soul did that try.
The noise in the WRE was a 1000 decibels.
Would have like to have seen gale score from it but I think his legs at that point in the game had gone.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Sep 2018, 10:58

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:on the down side Massey may be injured and Holmes on report, now we are in the top four do you think we ought to be giving some of our young guns a run ?? I don't mean wholesale changes but at least one a match to see how they go we are going to need a center next year how about giving Robby Storie ago ??
What did Holmes do, must have missed that.
As with most decisions in the game, god knows. The ref was perplexing all the way through.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!