Catalans up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Catalans up next

Post by Sharlotiger » 26 Aug 2018, 13:40

derbystiger wrote:
Aid wrote:
derbystiger wrote:I dont think many of that side will make the trip over. Their seasons now finished and will be building towards next season taking a look at the kids/reserves etc.. I can only see a convincing Cas win this Saturday
Hope their entire squad turns up with the Challenge Cup and walk on to the hallowed turf to show it off. (great publicity for rugby league) Then their reserve team takes the field for the game.
Good shout that, I’m genuinely pleased for them winning the cup. I’m sure they’ll get a good reception Saturday
Be great if Catalan did bring the Cup with them, it seems an age since we last saw it down lane.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Aug 2018, 18:05

I wouldn't wanna see them parading the cup would you want Leeds to bring it with them if they won it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Aug 2018, 19:05

when i said i would like Clarke back there was no thought of him misplacing MC Shane a lad who can put the work effort he does could fit in any of the back three positions and move to hooker if and when required

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 Aug 2018, 22:46

Who would you move to the back 3 positions?

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 27 Aug 2018, 09:07

Mucky1978 wrote:I wouldn't wanna see them parading the cup would you want Leeds to bring it with them if they won it.
NO not at all. But what happened at Wembley on Saturday was an historic Rugby League moment, the first non English team to lift the Challenge Cup. I am aware that some RL fans do not believe that Catalans should be in SL. But the reality is, they are.

There have been many posts, indeed threads, on this forum complaining about how poor Cas off field activities are and often focusing on the rubbish marketing of games.

Well here we have a great marketing opportunity. The first non English winners of the Challenge Cup, indeed a French club, fresh from their Wembley triumph, are next up at the Jungle. (actually hope they are not too fresh!)

Surely, that is a pretty easy tale to tell?
cum on you Ford

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Aug 2018, 17:53

I wouldn't want Catalans to bring the trophy with them but think they will get a warm reception. When we played them down the lane earlier on in the year they looked a side in desperate trouble.

Goes to show what hard work and a real dedication to defence can do in,what?...5 months? There is a new name on The Challenge Cup this season. Lets hope we can do something similar on the S.L trophy.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 27 Aug 2018, 21:14

What gets me is all this was a major cup upset when in reality it wasn't. Catalan Arguably have the biggest budget in the competition and yes they were in the million pound game last year,started poorly but that was down to poor performing players than a lack of investment. It was hardly like fev or Sheffield when they won the cup. I don't want to see them parade the cup at our home anymore than I would any other team. If anything we should be smarting we are now contenders and seeing a rival club win should inspire us to get one over them.

They will get a clap onto the field and that's it after that it's business as usual getting behind cas.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Aug 2018, 07:15

braytontiger wrote:What gets me is all this was a major cup upset when in reality it wasn't. Catalan Arguably have the biggest budget in the competition and yes they were in the million pound game last year,started poorly but that was down to poor performing players than a lack of investment. It was hardly like fev or Sheffield when they won the cup. I don't want to see them parade the cup at our home anymore than I would any other team. If anything we should be smarting we are now contenders and seeing a rival club win should inspire us to get one over them.

They will get a clap onto the field and that's it after that it's business as usual getting behind cas.
well said mate, with a few bodies returning we should get a result, with a bit of luck we could be one point behind Wigan after the weekend 2nd position is what we want the only way we can do it is keep winning our matches and hope Wigan slip up

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 28 Aug 2018, 07:27

Give them a deserved round of applause and then put the cleaners through them.

Their season ended Saturday ours is very much still going and will be for a good few weeks.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Aug 2018, 10:39

ERG2012 wrote:Give them a deserved round of applause and then put the cleaners through them.

Their season ended Saturday ours is very much still going and will be for a good few weeks.
This ^^

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 28 Aug 2018, 17:14

You can currently place a wager on any Rugby game this weekend bar the Castleford/Catalan fixture,as a handicapper for one of the online firms it's very much hang fire until we know exactly who will be getting on the plane. The points spread could move out at least twelve points judged on the Catalan squad. But if you could manage to find a bookie willing to offer you Cas -6pts,fill your boots!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 29 Aug 2018, 12:23

Gary Schofield predicting Cas by 46 points
🐯 COYF!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 29 Aug 2018, 12:58

Nobody wrote:Gary Schofield predicting Cas by 46 points
As Pte Fraser would say, "we're doooomed..!"
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 29 Aug 2018, 13:01

Flat Capper wrote:
Nobody wrote:Gary Schofield predicting Cas by 46 points
As Pte Fraser would say, "we're doooomed..!"
My thought exactly :roll:
🐯 COYF!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 29 Aug 2018, 14:18

I think he's failed the concussion protocol.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 Aug 2018, 18:16

Unless he has spoken to mcnamara and knows catalan are giving the full team that played in final the week off and playing fringe players and U19s. :pray:
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 29 Aug 2018, 19:02

Mucky1978 wrote:I wouldn't wanna see them parading the cup would you want Leeds to bring it with them if they won it.
Surely there is or ought to be a world of difference between first time foreign club and the PieLoins etc etc. In other words Catalan and the Challenge Cup is not about Castleford. It's about Rugby League. Can't help but feel this is coming across overbearing but.......
Ps hope we stuff em!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 29 Aug 2018, 22:27

Hepworth7 wrote:You can currently place a wager on any Rugby game this weekend bar the Castleford/Catalan fixture,as a handicapper for one of the online firms it's very much hang fire until we know exactly who will be getting on the plane. The points spread could move out at least twelve points judged on the Catalan squad. But if you could manage to find a bookie willing to offer you Cas -6pts,fill your boots!
Never mind backing Cas , Boylesports have Saints at 4/5 to win the regular season . Surely the LLS is already wrapped up for them ? Get your mortgage on :lol:

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 30 Aug 2018, 09:13

Think thats to win grand final, i cant find regular season anywhere on there site
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Aug 2018, 09:51

jackknife wrote:Think thats to win grand final, i cant find regular season anywhere on there site
They have both markets up . I’ll try post a pic . Also got Widnes at 5/1 to finish bottom . Id imagine it won’t let you actually place the bet , you’d think a big online bookmaker would update their site though .