Toilets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Toilets

Post by JIN JER » 20 Aug 2018, 17:29

Nobody wrote:Not that I'd want to but you can't even have a dump in private in the Princess Street men's toilet, one of them has the door missing.

I mean come on how much is it to put a frigging door back on ?
:) Maybe a tenor?
Not sure if Cas could afford Pavarotti. :)

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 20 Aug 2018, 17:32

JIN JER wrote:
Nobody wrote:Not that I'd want to but you can't even have a dump in private in the Princess Street men's toilet, one of them has the door missing.

I mean come on how much is it to put a frigging door back on ?
:) Maybe a tenor?
Not sure if Cas could afford Pavarotti. :)
Neither do i, we can't even afford a door for the toilet. :clap:
🐯 COYF!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Aug 2018, 18:08

I believe the toilet facilities are costing the club money in lost revenue at the bars. I will have 2 bottles (or pints) during the game between doors opening and leaving the stadium. i.e. between 18.30 and 22.00. I will only have the two because I don't want to spend half the night queing and miss any of the game. I would normally have 3 or 4 drinks at the game.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2018, 18:18

Spanishtiger wrote:Over to you Hudds...
Ha I don't disagree with the toilets being outdated and visually not what they should be and they could cosmetically be improved. My point is that fans should communicate any issues to the club and tell people if there's no locks etc then they can fix them and if they don't that reflects badly on the club.

Would people be willing to take a hit on our player spend to cosmetically improve something which we could move out of in two years? Just looking, Screwfix sell urinals for £400 a pop. Would it cost much to essentially get rid of the outdated wall bogs in the mens and replace with some normal urinals. Probably £3-4k across both blocks? As for the women's just updating the toilets and a lick of new paint? Could we work with a company for them to supply them all this free of charge in exchange for sponsorship somewhere?

It's ridiculous to talk about knocking them down and building new ones. What's the point? It isn't the structures that are wrong, it's merely the interiors. And why would you go to all that cost for something which is temporary? And if you want to increase size, where would you build them?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 18:22

I go in the boot room before I go over the road to actually make a point of making sure you go before you go into a sporting facility in this day and age because of the state or the toilets is a disgrace
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 18:24

It's being temporary for the last ten years and were still at Weldon road and the bogs are more or less the same standard no excuse that
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2018, 18:28

tigerfeat wrote:It's being temporary for the last ten years and were still at Weldon road and the bogs are more or less the same standard no excuse that
The reality is that we're still hoping to move until a new stadium and the club is not going to commit to paying for something which would be a waste of money when moving in 2 years.

And building a new block would be completely pointless as part of a plan B should plan A fail anyway, as we're going to have think about how we either build a new new stadium, or redevelop WRE completely with new stands which will inevitably include toilets.

The best compromise is to update and refresh with new fixtures and fittings - the basic amenities.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Aug 2018, 18:31

Last time I had to use them which is years and years ago, I was constantly looking for spiders, there’s more cobwebs in them than hubbys wallet.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 18:36

Yeah just makes me angry seeing all the women queing to get into the toilet maybe they could put a few extra portaloos in for the women to use next season if that's possible I don't know if it is or not
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 18:37

old cas lass wrote:Last time I had to use them which is years and years ago, I was constantly looking for spiders, there’s more cobwebs in them than hubbys wallet.
Superb stuff :D
Vince Lombardi

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 20 Aug 2018, 18:48

I reported the toilets at the back of the Princess Street stand having no doors on the cubicles during the close season. When the new season started doors were on both cubicles with bolts to ensure privacy, it is only the supporters that choose to vandalise them, why? Vandalism is the main reason there are no public toilets on our streeets any more, you have to go in a pub or café if you are out of town.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Aug 2018, 19:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
Ha I don't disagree with the toilets being outdated and visually not what they should be and they could cosmetically be improved. My point is that fans should communicate any issues to the club and tell people if there's no locks etc then they can fix them and if they don't that reflects badly on the club?
I’m sorry, but I just can’t believe you’d even say that.

The toilets are and always have been a disgrace. You could go round them every single game and see the self same issues.

How about a pre emptive toilet inspection anyhow. Regularly.

I’ll tell you why; because whoever does it would jack wright themselves and be faced with not many functional facilities.

Would you DREAM or dare to Brad Pitt at the ground?
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Aug 2018, 20:26

Tell all this to the club, nowt will happen by spouting about it on here.

Doubt anything will happen anyway been the same for 30+ yrs have the toilets.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2018, 22:13

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Ha I don't disagree with the toilets being outdated and visually not what they should be and they could cosmetically be improved. My point is that fans should communicate any issues to the club and tell people if there's no locks etc then they can fix them and if they don't that reflects badly on the club?
I’m sorry, but I just can’t believe you’d even say that.

The toilets are and always have been a disgrace. You could go round them every single game and see the self same issues.

How about a pre emptive toilet inspection anyhow. Regularly.

I’ll tell you why; because whoever does it would jack wright themselves and be faced with not many functional facilities.

Would you DREAM or dare to Brad Pitt at the ground?
No, but then I don’t go to the Cas ground for number twos, I go to watch rugby. And at most I go for 1 slash during the 2 hours that I’m sat/stood there.

If the club is getting told issues and not resolving them that’s a problem. It’s a fundamental part of customer service. If they don’t, it reflects badly on them. And no matter how much they check them pre-game if something happens where a fan accidentally breaks it or what have you, that’s outside the club’s control during the game.

But the toilets are no worse than pubs in the town. Not saying that’s a barometer of it being OK but I’ve never seen people complaining about the standard of say, the Railway’s bog on here or the ones in Wetherspoons. They need to get the basic amenities right and perhaps look to update the facilities and that’s that. Making an effort is a good step and compromise for fans.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2018, 22:21

The toilets in Wetherspoons are very good ...just saying like
Vince Lombardi

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Aug 2018, 22:24

It is the clubs responsibility to make them at least fit for purpose.
Could the supporters club enter into some discussions Re working parties to do something in the Autumn ?
First thousand quid in the pot from me. I am sure 15 to 20 k could at least improve them.
Hse does have a legal requirement based on numbers.
Anyway I will mention it to my board contact.
Robbo
Truth is always best !

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 20 Aug 2018, 22:27

Robbo wrote:It is the clubs responsibility to make them at least fit for purpose.
Could the supporters club enter into some discussions Re working parties to do something in the Autumn ?
First thousand quid in the pot from me. I am sure 15 to 20 k could at least improve them.
Robbo
Well that's a start folks

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 21 Aug 2018, 04:53

For why it’s worth I used to the loo’s for the first time
In over a year on Friday as I avoid them like the plague too. You couldn’t pay me to use the caves opposite the signs and designs bar, so I popped up the ones past the tiger bar. It was end of the game, I was pleasantly surprised to find a toilet seat, lockable door, toilet roll and a light in the cubicle I used. That doesn’t mean I’ll be increasing my water intake in future games.

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 21 Aug 2018, 10:41

The condition of the toilets are not to the standard we as customers expect and have been in poor condition for many years the old excuse we have a new ground is a excuse not a reason why the toilets cannot be fit for Customers to use . Crowd funding is a good idea in desperate situations but when interest is being paid on loans by the club perhaps before fans of Castleford are asked to crowd fund the people who are making money out of Castleford should cancel there interest being paid on there loan. Another good idea to ask people to help do jobs sure this has been done but the people were not appreciated and disbanded looking at the staff website we have ground staff who should be maintaining all aspects of the ground we have a projects manager well with the posts on here the toilets should be his number one project
COYF

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Aug 2018, 11:22

classysupercas3 wrote:
Robbo wrote:It is the clubs responsibility to make them at least fit for purpose.
Robbo
Well that's a start folks
A bathroom company has just joined the sponsorship of the club. Why not ask them to help at least with some contacts?

In regards to its cleanliness, new starters to the forces clean their own digs, why not ask the scholarship or under19s to help out. It breeds a respect to the club and gives pride in a job well done.