Toilets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Toilets

Post by mart0042 » 21 Aug 2018, 12:46

old cas lass wrote:Also swagger, it only takes bad hygiene for us humans to pick up some terrible bugs.
Doubt the club will want players putting themselves in jeopardy of doing that.
Are you being serious? You can buy cheap and effective safety equipment like people do.

You sure you don't want players that stay clean or refuse to play when it's a bit muggy outside or raining and muddy?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Aug 2018, 12:50

mart0042 wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:
Robbo wrote:It is the clubs responsibility to make them at least fit for purpose.
Could the supporters club enter into some discussions Re working parties to do something in the Autumn ?
First thousand quid in the pot from me. I am sure 15 to 20 k could at least improve them.
Hse does have a legal requirement based on numbers.
Anyway I will mention it to my board contact.
Robbo
Well that's a start folks
A bathroom company has just joined the sponsorship of the club. Why not ask them to help at least with some contacts?

In regards to its cleanliness, new starters to the forces clean their own digs, why not ask the scholarship or under19s to help out. It breeds a respect to the club and gives pride in a job well done.
Wow you really think our u19s are that well paid they are going to spend there spare time cleaning the toilets. I'm sure everyone of them know the importance of looking after their working area but come on get real. These lads are on less than minimum wage as it is something the game in general should be ashamed of.

Maybe you should pop down with your mop and bucket and give them a once over in your own time.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Aug 2018, 12:51

I'm not one for championing Robbo's comments but he's got the right idea.

We could be two years at least from a new facility so I think it's worthwhile improving the very sad state of the current facilities. It may be viewed as a waste of time by some but these things make a huge difference and can prevent serious health issues.

It seems to me tat one of the principal aims of the Supporters Club is to provide financial assistance on issues the club cannot or would not normally consider viable.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Aug 2018, 13:20

mart0042 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Also swagger, it only takes bad hygiene for us humans to pick up some terrible bugs.
Doubt the club will want players putting themselves in jeopardy of doing that.
Are you being serious? You can buy cheap and effective safety equipment like people do.

You sure you don't want players that stay clean or refuse to play when it's a bit muggy outside or raining and muddy?
I’ve seen what can be picked up from bogs.
I won’t go into detail.

TypingMonkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TypingMonkey » 21 Aug 2018, 13:21

Every time I use the 'facilities' at Cas (which, sadly, is most games) I'm reminded of the scene in Trainspotting where Renton visits the "worst toilet in Scotland". Do a google image search, it really is a remarkable resemblance.

I also cross my fingers (which is tricky, in the circumstances) and wish really hard for work on the new stadium to commence.

If we supporters can help the club to implement a cheap & cheerful short term fix then I'm all for it.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Aug 2018, 13:43

Can we get sponsors that have portaloos? Knock existing down and replace with trailer toilets? See if a deal could be struck?

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 21 Aug 2018, 16:03

I find it hard to believe in the 21st Centuary there should be a discussion a public forum about the state or fit for purpose ( or not) of Public Use Urinals.
The current ones at Wheldon Road are a disgrace and denigrate the image and good name of Castleford Tigers and its downright mismanagement to turn a blind eye to the current state of these facilities(sic)
To use the fall back statement '...we'll be moving into a new stadium (?) " is simply abdicating responsibility for not updating these NECESSARY public used facilities.
They have been the point of derision by home and away supporters for too many years and whether we move into a new stadium or not these need MAJOR investment and upgrading for supporters to use.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 21 Aug 2018, 16:43

So have we got any tech savvy forum members who could set up a crowdfunding page?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Aug 2018, 17:22

Can we take new bogs to the new stadium or is that a hygiene no no? :D
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Aug 2018, 17:29

I'm still laughing at the thought of today's under 19s having to clean out the Karzis
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the happy hooker9 » 21 Aug 2018, 18:48

https://goo.gl/images/jXowWx
New French style Urinal for Wheldon Road

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 21 Aug 2018, 20:28

The ones at wires old ground were at the back of the stands. I'm tall l enough to wee and watch the game, bonus.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Aug 2018, 22:46

mart0042 wrote:The ones at wires old ground were at the back of the stands. I'm tall l enough to wee and watch the game, bonus.
Same at Barrow when we were in the NL.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 22 Aug 2018, 09:45

Swagger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:The ones at wires old ground were at the back of the stands. I'm tall l enough to wee and watch the game, bonus.
Same at Barrow when we were in the NL.
Yes, forgot about them. Probably the lager I had. Great trip over and the ground felt a bit like ours. Lots of concrete steps off I remember.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Aug 2018, 10:29

I liked the toilets at Whitehaven I can remember some walking too far into the bushes behind the terrace behind the sticks and falling down the embankment. My other memory from that game is thinking That Damien Blanch is a bit good.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Aug 2018, 13:20

the happy hooker9 wrote:I find it hard to believe in the 21st Centuary there should be a discussion a public forum about the state or fit for purpose ( or not) of Public Use Urinals.
The current ones at Wheldon Road are a disgrace and denigrate the image and good name of Castleford Tigers and its downright mismanagement to turn a blind eye to the current state of these facilities(sic)
To use the fall back statement '...we'll be moving into a new stadium (?) " is simply abdicating responsibility for not updating these NECESSARY public used facilities.
They have been the point of derision by home and away supporters for too many years and whether we move into a new stadium or not these need MAJOR investment and upgrading for supporters to use.
Well said old boy

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Aug 2018, 13:48

Not checked the site for a few months and the first thread I see is to do with toilets!
I’ve made the same point before. At the moment the club are walking a tightrope. I’m afraid if someone suffers an injury in those toilets by slipping (because the drainage isn’t adequate) and/or contracting an illness then potentially, it’s going to cost the club far more in compensation than it would to actually deal with the problem.
The argument that the club should only act when supporters raise issues is rather strange. It’s the clubs responsibility to ensure that facilities are safe for use. At the moment, the club are neglecting the toilets and any injury/illness suffered in there would almost certainly be deemed to be as a result of the club’s negligence to provide a safe environment. It would cost us a fortune in compensation and potentially a HSE fine too.
I really don’t see how anyone can think that the toilets are a safe environment, or that the club don’t have a responsibility to address this. I’m afraid a defence of “well, nobody told us” isn’t going to suffice in the event of a claim against the club, and nor should it. It’s 100% the club’s responsibility to provide a safe environment and at the moment they aren’t fulfilling it. It’s negligence, and it will cost us lots of money if someone is injured or becomes ill as a result of this.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Aug 2018, 14:48

The toilet thread along with the new ground is one that takes some hammer after a good result as a lot of people seem to want things to complain about. I would much rather be in a situation like ours where ground and loos are are only problem in like shiney new stadium Widnes who are fighting for survival.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the happy hooker9 » 22 Aug 2018, 15:39

[quote="TT Tiger"]The toilet thread along with the new ground is one that takes some hammer after a good result as a lot of people seem to want things to complain about. I would much rather be in a situation like ours where ground and loos are are only problem in like shiney new stadium Widnes who are fighting for survival.[/quote

Think the point here is the state of the Toilets at Wheldon Road is much easier to resolve than a team continually failing deliver a creditable performance on the field

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 22 Aug 2018, 16:04

"Pennywise, pound foolish". Toilets are costing a fortune in lost drink sales. Plus many fans are put off going and I certainly wouldn't expose my grandkids to such unpleasant risks.

Potential costs in terms of fines and compensation payments (even closure of ground by HSE).

Not to mention the feeling that the club just do not care about its loyal fans.

All could be resolved by hiring a few facilities (portaloos - like they got for the Superleague franchise inspections).

"Price of everything and value of nothing" sums it up!
Be reasonable - do it my way!