Atmosphere

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Atmosphere

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Aug 2018, 18:27

Guys I stand In the WRE and the atmosphere from the Barmy army lads at times this year has been non existent. I was just wondering if some of the lads that drink in the boot room have stopped going to the games ? I know this year has been very different in contrast to last season but let’s get behind the boys !! When the barmy army are been vocal it must be like an extra man at times for the 17 cas players that take the field . Come on tiger fans let’s get behind our beloved team !!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Atmosphere

Post by Scoopage » 13 Aug 2018, 21:07

One thing il say is at wigan Friday we created zero atmosphere until the lad with the drum arrived from the bar

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Aug 2018, 21:54

Yes I noticed that too

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 13 Aug 2018, 22:51

I always stand in the railway end and have said for a while tha the crowd are as complacent has the team at times. Remember The hull KR match and the atmosphere was non existent till KR took the lead. You can guarantee if Cas are losing the crowd is dead

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Aug 2018, 23:10

Think it all went downhill after Huddersfield away when 20-25 fans at the back with the lad with the drum slagged everyone off for the whole 2nd half.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Aug 2018, 05:21

Not got time for people like him then. Wants a good hiding if he’s making people feel uncomfortable

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Aug 2018, 11:48

Mucky1978 wrote:Think it all went downhill after Huddersfield away when 20-25 fans at the back with the lad with the drum slagged everyone off for the whole 2nd half.
No chance. Died well before then. The debacle at Saints and general difficult start to season, combined with the sense it felt like everyone expected us to beat teams by 30 points a game, makes atmosphere feel flat.
Lads in WRE do their bit pretty much every time. Problem is most people don't join in unless we are winning. Occasionally in close games towards the end it gets going.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2018, 12:03

it makes me laugh people saying theres no atmosphere in wre because the lads who start all the singing arnt doing it as good this season ...if everybody who was moaning started singing there sens end of problem
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Aug 2018, 12:10

tigerfeat wrote:it makes me laugh people saying theres no atmosphere in wre because the lads who start all the singing arnt doing it as good this season ...if everybody who was moaning started singing there sens end of problem
Some people don’t go to the game to sing...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2018, 12:14

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:it makes me laugh people saying theres no atmosphere in wre because the lads who start all the singing arnt doing it as good this season ...if everybody who was moaning started singing there sens end of problem
fine dont moan when other people do same simple
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Aug 2018, 12:25

To be fair, I've always found the best songs that people get people are singing are the normal ones everyone knows.

Oh When The Fords
Castleford, Castleford, Castleford
Stand up if you're Castleford

I think as players have moved on it's become harder to replace the songs for them. A few years back we had Huby, Huby and Rangi, Rangi Chase, Rangi, Rangi Chase. There's no many songs you can fit Sene-Lefao, Laulu-Togaga'e and Mata'utia into!

And then when people try and suggest new songs they get shot down by people, either because it's likely to get support from their pals or because they don't like someone else coming up with something.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Aug 2018, 12:39

I can never under stand why the lads chant Yorkshire when most of our team comes from different parts, another one at away games I am expected to stand up from a comfortable seat after the shout goes up stand up if you are Cas its obvious if I am in the Cas end I have not come to support the other team, it might just be me being an old bugger that does not get it, gone are the days of e for b and Hardisty, another chant we have won the Yorkshire cup we have won the league know we are marching to Wembley heady days

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Aug 2018, 12:40

I don’t find it very amusing when young 15-18 year old lads part of the ‘Barmy army’ are turning round to me and my young daughter and shouting aggressively ‘sing up you cas b*******’. I have said before I think it would be brilliant If a couple of the barmy army could print some sheets out that have our chants on . That would maybe help some of our new supporters make an atmosphere

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 14 Aug 2018, 12:51

Tigersbarmy wrote:I don’t find it very amusing when young 15-18 year old lads part of the ‘Barmy army’ are turning round to me and my young daughter and shouting aggressively ‘sing up you cas b*******’. I have said before I think it would be brilliant If a couple of the barmy army could print some sheets out that have our chants on . That would maybe help some of our new supporters make an atmosphere
Great idea

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 14 Aug 2018, 12:52

Fumper27 wrote:
or listen to someone banging on a drum!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2018, 13:08

Lad with drum does a sterling job...people don't have to sing just make some noise that builds up atmosphere
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Aug 2018, 13:21

mystery wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:I don’t find it very amusing when young 15-18 year old lads part of the ‘Barmy army’ are turning round to me and my young daughter and shouting aggressively ‘sing up you cas b*******’. I have said before I think it would be brilliant If a couple of the barmy army could print some sheets out that have our chants on . That would maybe help some of our new supporters make an atmosphere
Great idea
REALLY great idea.

Get some new songs put into the idea pot and then decide upto 6 to be put on a sheet ...and handed at the gate

Great opportunity for a sponsor too??
Audacter Et Sincere

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 14 Aug 2018, 13:55

I think the atmosphere away from home is top notch to say we are the away fans.i think the club could help more through the tannoy aswel when were at home.when they played under pressure when we forced a goal line drop out.individual music for players when they score.it just needs ramping up a bit by everyone.were in the Super 8s.its the business end of the season,were in with a cracking chance of been 1 game from old Trafford for the second time on the trot.these are times to embrace and enjoy what’s happening.lets all lift it a gear now,players,staff and fans.COYF

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Aug 2018, 14:09

Catch 22!

If the team are winning week in, week out, the crowd responds positively. Conversely, when we play as bad as we did in the first half against Wigan, there's nowt to sing about.

Equally, if the songs are belted out, the players seem to react positively and vice versa.

Having said all that, I'm not entirely sure anyone wants to hear this fat, bald, 49 year old, bellow anything out!

Ceeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fo'ooorrrrrrdddddds
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 14 Aug 2018, 14:36

Mysterio wrote:
mystery wrote:
Great idea
REALLY great idea.

Get some new songs put into the idea pot and then decide upto 6 to be put on a sheet ...and handed at the gate

Great opportunity for a sponsor too??
Can't see many companies wanting to associate themselves with a song sheet that contains

"you're f**** Sh**"
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me