Atmosphere

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Atmosphere

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Aug 2018, 14:55

HuddsTigers wrote:To be fair, I've always found the best songs that people get people are singing are the normal ones everyone knows.

Oh When The Fords
Castleford, Castleford, Castleford
Stand up if you're Castleford

I think as players have moved on it's become harder to replace the songs for them. A few years back we had Huby, Huby and Rangi, Rangi Chase, Rangi, Rangi Chase. There's no many songs you can fit Sene-Lefao, Laulu-Togaga'e and Mata'utia into!

And then when people try and suggest new songs they get shot down by people, either because it's likely to get support from their pals or because they don't like someone else coming up with something.
Simple ones always best ..your not singing anymore to saints fans at semi cut like a knife
Gale been are best player never heard a song for him
Easy tho come up with der der der der ZAK HARDAKER even joined in that one mesen last year at headinley when he went past leeds full back like he was glued to turf
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 14 Aug 2018, 15:29

i remember cas fans used to sing cas fans don't need a drum.how times change.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 14 Aug 2018, 20:36

Many moons ago me and my mate use to bring a drum down for a couple of seasons, people around use to like it and even asked to bang it. :D

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Aug 2018, 23:13

Last year seems a long time ago but if I remember it correctly we as Castleford fans feasted on caviar and champagne. I remember wanting a hard match then feeling worried when we had one. I think you have to enter the ground with the right attitude. It is sport and we are there to be entertained. If you watch a club to enhance your own ego then maybe there is something not healthy.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Aug 2018, 07:06

Atmosphere,, we are moaning but there is more atmosphere on a bad day at Weldon road than nearly every other ground in the league

GET EM ON SIDE
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by GET EM ON SIDE » 16 Aug 2018, 09:21

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
mystery wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:I don’t find it very amusing when young 15-18 year old lads part of the ‘Barmy army’ are turning round to me and my young daughter and shouting aggressively ‘sing up you cas b*******’. I have said before I think it would be brilliant If a couple of the barmy army could print some sheets out that have our chants on . That would maybe help some of our new supporters make an atmosphere
Great idea
REALLY great idea.

Get some new songs put into the idea pot and then decide upto 6 to be put on a sheet ...and handed at the gate

Great opportunity for a sponsor too??
Can't see many companies wanting to associate themselves with a song sheet that contains

"you're f**** Sh**"
I know football teams have tried this in the past and media picked up on it and it was a complete embarrassment.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Aug 2018, 12:35

Is it just me who goes to a rugby match to watch a game and not have the slightest bit of interest in how many people are singing and playing a drum ? If I wanted to listen to singing I would go watch a choir. If I wanted music I would go to a gig.

Anyway - who in there right minds decides "I think i'll take a musical instrument to the game today" ? Bizarre.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Aug 2018, 12:37

Tigerade wrote:Is it just me who goes to a rugby match to watch a game and not have the slightest bit of interest in how many people are singing and playing a drum ? If I wanted to listen to singing I would go watch a choir. If I wanted music I would go to a gig.

Anyway - who in there right minds decides "I think i'll take a musical instrument to the game today" ? Bizarre.
100% agree with you

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Aug 2018, 14:42

Tigerade wrote:Is it just me who goes to a rugby match to watch a game and not have the slightest bit of interest in how many people are singing and playing a drum ? If I wanted to listen to singing I would go watch a choir. If I wanted music I would go to a gig.

+1

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 16 Aug 2018, 15:10

alftupper wrote:

100% agree with you
Got to agree, personally I would ban drums at all grounds,who in their right minds wants to listen to constant drumming as I said I would ban the lot

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2018, 15:25

All you here coaches say is we want to quiet the crowd all you here players say the backing of the crowd made all the difference if people can't see the advantage of having the crowd behind you making lots of noise that would surprise me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 17 Aug 2018, 13:15

tigerfeat wrote:All you here coaches say is we want to quiet the crowd all you here players say the backing of the crowd made all the difference if people can't see the advantage of having the crowd behind you making lots of noise that would surprise me
:clap:

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 17 Aug 2018, 14:24

tigerfeat wrote:All you here coaches say is we want to quiet the crowd all you here players say the backing of the crowd made all the difference if people can't see the advantage of having the crowd behind you making lots of noise that would surprise me
Not to mention the obvious swing of 50/50 calls the louder crowd (generally the home side) seem to get.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 20 Aug 2018, 09:11

The barmy army really seemed to pick up there voice on Friday night . Well done to the lads. Anyone know why the 16 year old spikey hair kid with his drum is at home games ?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Aug 2018, 10:00

Good to hear the princess street stand shout forward a couple of times in unison.