TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by classysupercas3 » 10 Aug 2018, 22:10

Squaddie86 wrote:Anyone who blames the ref for that wants to give their heads a wobble.

12 of 21 sets completed, 8 missed tackles, 9 handling errors and 20 points conceded in the first half.

No point playing with passion and grit when the game is already gone. Don't be 20 points down in the first place and 4 points from dodgy penalties won't matter.
I agree but overall he made some lousy decisions which at the end cost us the game

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 10 Aug 2018, 22:16

All in all to many silly errors,couple of soft trys and silly penilties in the 1st half cost us but we had chances in the 2nd half to gain the lead and silly errors cost us in their 20.way huddersfields playing i wouldnt be suprised if they dont catch us up befor the end of the super 8s.definatly need some wins over wire and cats as theyl have eyes on the CC

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Aug 2018, 22:20

classysupercas3 wrote:
St Albans tiger wrote:Watts may have tackled all night but let's not forget three forward passes he threw and the 3 penalties he gave away
Exactly
Not had a good game for cas yet dont play like the big nasty prop supposed to be needs to run at defense instead trying to play half back suggest he watches old videos off crooks ball playing forward. wunt rush to play gill again in big game got to improve back line next year or start slipping down league. On a possitive note could have won wigan not that good if play them again in semi .still need to win two more games just to get in semi yet like.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 Aug 2018, 22:37

A dire first half cost us badly. Probably as poor as i’ve seen us this year in that opening 40. Better in the second but the damage was done.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 10 Aug 2018, 22:38

I just can’t see us beating Warrington next week neither.
Hope I’m wrong.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 10 Aug 2018, 22:47

The Firm wrote:A dire first half cost us badly. Probably as poor as i’ve seen us this year in that opening 40. Better in the second but the damage was done.
They targeted Gill when he went off we was better.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 10 Aug 2018, 22:48

Mucky1978 wrote:I just can’t see us beating Warrington next week neither.
Hope I’m wrong.
Will take our best performance of the season I think

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Aug 2018, 22:54

Hope I’m wrong.
With them in Challenge Cup mode I think differently.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 10 Aug 2018, 22:57

The Firm wrote:A dire first half cost us badly. Probably as poor as i’ve seen us this year in that opening 40. Better in the second but the damage was done.
This is the problem:
Saints away
Catalans away
Huffs home
Wigan away

These are games where we didn’t turn up for most/part of the game and as DP said the gap between Cas playing well and poorly is so wide it’s diabolical. We’ve done well this year to have lost relatively few games but if we carry on playing well for only part of games our season is over.

Let’s see if DP can get to grips with our frailties and finish the season on a high as experienced players return?

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 10 Aug 2018, 23:00

MØL wrote:
Leeds tiger wrote:Pathetic is the right word, honestly. Only Mitch Clark has really shown he cares in this match. Watts is a passenger nearly every game, a waste of money so far.
Really??? Best player for Cas tonight for me was Watts. 34 tackles in the first half. Over 60 in total.

Genuinely don’t think watts has had a good Aime for us yet, I thought we were getting a b aggressive forward, he certainly hasn’t been that for us, throwing stupid offloads every game is all I’ve seen. Only god thing is at least he hasn’t been sent off yet.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Aug 2018, 23:07

Forgetting the fact Child shouldn't have a job. 2 1 on 1 ball steals we got penalised for. 2 head high shots that were nowhere near head high.

That first half was a disgrace.

With some bodies back going to Wigan in a semi holds no fears if they can play for 80mins like the 2nd half tonight.

So much for Huddersfield not been able to catch us, they will and also beat us to the top 4.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Aug 2018, 23:11

fords wrote:Forgetting the fact Child shouldn't have a job. 2 1 on 1 ball steals we got penalised for. 2 head high shots that were nowhere near head high.

That first half was a disgrace.

With some bodies back going to Wigan in a semi holds no fears if they can play for 80mins like the 2nd half tonight.

So much for Huddersfield not been able to catch us, they will and also beat us to the top 4.
That’s my fear.
Huddersfield are on a roll and seem unstoppable at the min.
If we don’t up our game they will catch us.
They’ve already ticked one game off tonight.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Aug 2018, 23:15

HuddsTigers wrote:
Hope I’m wrong.
With them in Challenge Cup mode I think differently.
Absolutely

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Aug 2018, 23:23

Still think we will finish 3rd
Wire beating an under strength Cats team tonight was irrelevant as McNamara implied he wouldn’t be taking it seriously at the weekend. Wires focus will be the cup same as Cats.
Every criticism about Cas in the first half is as relevant to Wigan’s second half . We have a lot of bodies missing. tonight. In no way is our season done on the back of losing by 2 points away at Wigan.
I rate Huddersfield but we have enough left in the tank to make the last 4.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 10 Aug 2018, 23:42

TheSheriff wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:And Wigan win because James Child doesn't know what a high tackle is :clap:

Well done James, you absolute clown.
Lost it in first half. Not by one penalty.
Wigan scored 3 trys off the back of James Child errors.

As bad as Cas were Wigan only won because of Child being a cheating little so & so.

First half he gave Wigan 2 scrums on blatant ball steals and then gives them a penalty for a knock on - they go on to score that set. They tackle a Cas player in the air the tackle before one of those ball steals too.

Not to mention he only took them back 7m or less the entire game.

We were dire in the first half and it cost us the game but Childs did help them out a lot. As well as the decisions mentioned above he penalised cas for reaching round the play the ball and pulling the arm of the acting half back, Wigan did it twice and it was allowed.
Where are all the Jamie Ellis knockers, we scored 3 tries from his kicks, of course they only see the bad games a player has and wont give credit where it's due.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Aug 2018, 23:45

i'll have to hold fire to reply to all this. can't believe some of the posts on here tonight. hang your heads in shame.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 10 Aug 2018, 23:51

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Still think we will finish 3rd
Wire beating an under strength Cats team tonight was irrelevant as McNamara implied he wouldn’t be taking it seriously at the weekend. Wires focus will be the cup same as Cats.
Every criticism about Cas in the first half is as relevant to Wigan’s second half . We have a lot of bodies missing. tonight. In no way is our season done on the back of losing by 2 points away at Wigan.
I rate Huddersfield but we have enough left in the tank to make the last 4.
Finally a sensible comment, people so quick to criticise our first half but it was an exact copy of Wigan’s second half, only they got two illegitimate penalties that saved face. It’s the story of our year I'm afraid, little has gone in our favour be it 50/50’s or injuries (we finally sign two fullbacks and they are both injured along with the U19s fullback). Still heading towards a semi final and more to come from the lads, in 2016 when we had a similar run of injuries we were well out of the 4, to me we have shown great progress as a complete squad.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2018, 23:55

lurcher wrote:i'll have to hold fire to reply to all this. can't believe some of the posts on here tonight. hang your heads in shame.
Your rate just read stuff put on page one and two embarrising
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 10 Aug 2018, 23:59

Why why why ?????????????
Some things have to change for the future if we are to win THE big games...........selection.......... Wardle is NOT a centre, Jake at 33 still good enough, Eden best position is wing.......... Ellis please please some body take him.
Captain HAS to be Mcshane to control the game

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 00:08

Ellis had a good game so did Webster ive never seen us drop as much ball first twenty minutes and they took advantage fair play to them second half we were much better team anyway it's always same on here if we hammer wire next week there be 8 posts by midnight
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi