Super 8s and top 2

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Super 8s and top 2

Post by Dazzyb » 06 Aug 2018, 20:46

If Cas beat Wigan on Friday which I think we will, I think we will win all the rest including saints, who I figure will rest a few prior to the semi’s. Ala cas last year with the hull drubbing

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Aug 2018, 20:48

This is the biggest game of the 7 for me. Win and I think we get 2nd. Lose and we fight it out for 3rd with Warrington. Can see Warrington losing a couple with the CC Final to play.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Aug 2018, 09:57

Wire are in a tough position but have nearly a full fit squad. They can chop and change to keep players fresh, same as saints. But there's a lot of teams with nothing to play for.

After 2 matches we'll probably just have the 2nd to 4th teams playing for position. I expect saints to go hard and get the shield then build for the last match against us.

We'll be looking to build momentum and see where we are after the challenge cup final break. Losing to Wigan wouldn't be us out of the running for second. Someone else will turn them over.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 11 Aug 2018, 12:18

4th is no use to us, at it means Saints away and we NEVER win there. We need 2nd or 3rd to stand any chance at all. Win our next 6 and that is possible.

I think Huddersfield will finish 4th. They have now won 11 of their last 12, beaten the best side in the comp on their ground and now have 6 easier matches left. It would not suprise me if they won all of their last 7.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Aug 2018, 12:27

stuey wrote:4th is no use to us, at it means Saints away and we NEVER win there. We need 2nd or 3rd to stand any chance at all. Win our next 6 and that is possible.

I think Huddersfield will finish 4th. They have now won 11 of their last 12, beaten the best side in the comp on their ground and now have 6 easier matches left. It would not suprise me if they won all of their last 7.
I also think hudds could nick a top 4 place.
I think ours and Warringtons place is in jeopardy.
I can’t see us winning all our remaining game, Warrington next week depending on what squad they put out is a banana skin. It’s a must win game.
I think they’ll put a decent side out as they are still playing for a top 4 finish.

But imo hudds are the dark horses.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Aug 2018, 12:33

old cas lass wrote:
stuey wrote:4th is no use to us, at it means Saints away and we NEVER win there. We need 2nd or 3rd to stand any chance at all. Win our next 6 and that is possible.

I can’t see us winning all our remaining game, Warrington next week depending on what squad they put out is a banana skin. It’s a must win game.
I think they’ll put a decent side out as they are still playing for a top 4 finish.

On current form the Giants deserve to be in the 4 and would certainly give it a better shake than us. We still have so many problems with our attack and defence and when we get the time to work on our issues we all go on jolly hols, how professional.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Aug 2018, 12:42

Sharlotiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

On current form the Giants deserve to be in the 4 and would certainly give it a better shake than us. We still have so many problems with our attack and defence and when we get the time to work on our issues we all go on jolly hols, how professional.
:clap: :clap:

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2018, 12:55

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

:clap: :clap:
I will pass final judgement on what we deserve when Gale Millo Matautia and hopefully Roberts are back.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 11 Aug 2018, 13:04

We desperately need gale milo and mata’utia back and hopefully minikin.to bring some balance and organisation to us.again injury dictates Eden to full back just as he’s getting into some rytham on the wing again.
Mata’utia
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Massey
Holmes/wardle
Mcmeeken
Milner

Millington
Moors
JSL
Clark

That gets us to old Trafford imo.just need to get it on the pitch

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Aug 2018, 11:41

Scoopage wrote:We desperately need gale milo and mata’utia back and hopefully minikin.to bring some balance and organisation to us.again injury dictates Eden to full back just as he’s getting into some rytham on the wing again.
Mata’utia
Minikin
Webster
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale
Watts
Mcshane
Massey
Holmes/wardle
Mcmeeken
Milner

Millington
Moors
JSL
Clark

That gets us to old Trafford imo.just need to get it on the pitch

Now that looks good. If we can get them on pitch as you say.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 12 Aug 2018, 11:43

We only need 3 wins out of 6 to get in the 4
Beat Catalan Hull and Waki and we r there.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 12 Aug 2018, 15:31

Surely you are in the 4 if you deserve to be in the 4, it’s not just about recent form it’s about the season overall and despite some inconsistencies we’ve been more consistent than places 5 down. Kinda how it works!

SeniorMoors

Post by SeniorMoors » 12 Aug 2018, 19:48

We should make the four with something to spare. Hudds looking very strong but it will take a monumental effort to make the play-offs. The next two are key for us - both home games we should be winning. Four points and we'll be almost there.

I wouldn't fancy Saints away due to our abysmal record. However, records are there to be broken, and what better time to do it?!

With Gale and Millington back, and Eden on the wing, I'd fancy our chances against Wigan home or away. I think DP would too. How he'd love to knock Wane out in his final game. I wouldn't back against that happening.