Steve Gill - New Keighley GM

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Steve Gill - New Keighley GM

Post by duke street 10 » 01 Aug 2018, 20:04

Boom wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
flow wrote:
alftupper wrote:
CasRus wrote:How the Mighty Fall ! - never ceases to amaze me sometimes. Silly lad - had a lot going for him and could have been in the Hall of Fame with a bit more discipline
so true CasRus, he could’ve been somebody instead he bought a one way ticket to Palookaville. Having seen how he’s conducted himself while in the country that gave him his big chance... and second chance... and third chance... and... I say it not without a touch of schardenfraude. I wonder if the money has now all gone now that he is reduced to warehouse work?
What u slagging warehouse workers off for bet biggest percent of cas fans have to work in one. to be fare not alot more left in cas inless you have six kids and live on benefits
I'm 99% sure the clown is a Wakey troll, he only pops up to slag Cas off.

In fact, I'd guess it was Vastman from rlfans... He's sad enough to do it.
Spot on for me.

The use of schadenfreude and Palookaville have his fingerprints all over. As do Tupper's political views.
My money's on someone called Deehell or Chissitt from the Wakey RL fans site. Believe both worked in Cas in the past.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Aug 2018, 21:09

Alf has been on this forum for years. There’s very little that he and I have ever agreed on, but I believe him to be Cas through and through

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 01 Aug 2018, 23:16

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Alf has been on this forum for years. There’s very little that he and I have ever agreed on, but I believe him to be Cas through and through
I get the feeling he is a genuine follower of the club. For some time too. As you say though, polar opposite to me in political stance and general world view.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Aug 2018, 23:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Alf has been on this forum for years. There’s very little that he and I have ever agreed on, but I believe him to be Cas through and through
alf had some great verbal battles with vinniedog (wheres he now) which I used to enjoy. deffo think he's a glass half full cas fan.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Aug 2018, 00:12

Loving how you fellas/fellettes ‘know’ posters. I only remember a couple.
Anyone think hudds tiger is jester
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Aug 2018, 00:14

Ps. There was someone called Vera clarkson on facelook who was big Stevie gill follower, she’ll know the story.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Aug 2018, 01:32

Mysterio wrote:Loving how you fellas/fellettes ‘know’ posters. I only remember a couple.
No idea other than I thought Jester had moved to London?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Aug 2018, 07:01

Mysterio wrote:Loving how you fellas/fellettes ‘know’ posters. I only remember a couple.
Nope 2 different people

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 02 Aug 2018, 08:44

Spanishtiger wrote:All good points Askham, BUT

They got almost 3,000 for their home game against Bradford. In all their other home games they've failed to reach four figures.
I know what you mean Spanishtiger but those 3,000 for the Bulls game will (on the whole) still have paid in. . I brought this same point up on another forum.

It's like a pub saying they only sell £1000 of beer a month apart from December when they sell £7000. Some would look at it and say they are having to survive on £1000 a month, others would work out the average at £1500 a month. Bit different for a RL club I know but you have to work out a cashflow so you can budget for the year whether you're getting 3,000 for Bradford or 500 for West Wales.

I actually know one of the Keighley players and know what win bonus they were on, and to me something doesn't add up. As before, I wish SG well but there needs to be some real honesty from those now running the club and they need to reconnect with the community.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Aug 2018, 12:04

Askham Tiger wrote:

They got almost 3,000 for their home game against Bradford. In all their other home games they've failed to reach four figures.
I know what you mean Spanishtiger but those 3,000 for the Bulls game will (on the whole) still have paid in. . I brought this same point up on another forum.

It's like a pub saying they only sell £1000 of beer a month apart from December when they sell £7000. Some would look at it and say they are having to survive on £1000 a month, others would work out the average at £1500 a month. Bit different for a RL club I know but you have to work out a cashflow so you can budget for the year whether you're getting 3,000 for Bradford or 500 for West Wales.

I actually know one of the Keighley players and know what win bonus they were on, and to me something doesn't add up. As before, I wish SG well but there needs to be some real honesty from those now running the club and they need to reconnect with the community.
What’s bonus 500£
Audacter Et Sincere

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 02 Aug 2018, 13:04

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
The Fox wrote:It was Dixon on his inside, but apart from that - fully agree.
Nope, it was Nick Youngquest
Just watched it, was youngquest, he’s was wearing the number 3 shirt.
My apologies to all - all of these years I had been convinced it was Dixon on his inside!!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Aug 2018, 13:37

Jester now lives back in Yorkshire and he is not Hudds Tiger. Jester is/was never the Can we play nicely please type to every CEO we ever had.
Last edited by Sigon on 10 Aug 2018, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insults starting to get too graphic

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Aug 2018, 17:32

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Jester now lives back in Yorkshire and he is not Hudds Tiger. Jester is/was never the Please don't raise complaint about what some has said and then quote it type to every CEO we ever had.
Ahh, here we go. Can't make a comment without throwing out a veiled insult.

1) I've been supportive of the club because I believe that's the best course of action. Through thick and thin, highs and lows, bad times and good times. That's the mark of true supporters/fans. But I've never afraid to voice my opinion. Because I don't post slagging the club off every week about something else, or because I'm not posting in a hyper-sensitive, paddying, hissy fit on the forum, it doesn't mean I don't have concerns as much as the next forum member on certain things.

Forums can be a vaccum of misinformation and rumour, or prone to exaggeration of negatives, yet there's always two sides. There's nothing wrong with bringing a bit of balance into the discussion. But because it doesn't go with the consensus or the narrative, it makes me out to be something I'm not.

2) Having positive relationships with people at the club has helped me out professionally from Media Managers to Directors. I wouldn't have the job I do now without that and for that I'll be thankful to those people.

3) I've only given information out that I've been told and believed personally. I've been let down as much as the next person to my own personal credibility and respect of forum members. Do you think I enjoy that? No - but I did it because I wanted to share with other forum members what I'd been told/knew. I was naive when I was younger and I accept that.

4) You don't know me personally and I don't know you personally. Everyone has an opinion but I would never ever make it personal about you or insult you. As much as people like Robbo and I clash, I still have some semblance of respect for him in that he only wants the best for the club even if I feel he goes about it in the wrong way or is selective in what he posts on here. My DMs are always open if someone wants to talk to me about any issue or problem with the club, but I don't appreciate personal abuse. Rather than trying to play to the crowd on an open forum, please DM me directly and maybe we can resolve this once and for all.

Thanks.
Last edited by Sigon on 10 Aug 2018, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up the insult
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Aug 2018, 23:10

Boom wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
flow wrote:
alftupper wrote:
CasRus wrote:How the Mighty Fall ! - never ceases to amaze me sometimes. Silly lad - had a lot going for him and could have been in the Hall of Fame with a bit more discipline
so true CasRus, he could’ve been somebody instead he bought a one way ticket to Palookaville. Having seen how he’s conducted himself while in the country that gave him his big chance... and second chance... and third chance... and... I say it not without a touch of schardenfraude. I wonder if the money has now all gone now that he is reduced to warehouse work?
What u slagging warehouse workers off for bet biggest percent of cas fans have to work in one. to be fare not alot more left in cas inless you have six kids and live on benefits
I'm 99% sure the clown is a Wakey troll, he only pops up to slag Cas off.

In fact, I'd guess it was Vastman from rlfans... He's sad enough to do it.
Spot on for me.

The use of schadenfreude and Palookaville have his fingerprints all over. As do Tupper's political views.
ha ha, heres another one for the suspect. bellycouldtackle has used that exact word in a post yesterday (stadium I think) too much of a coincidence or what?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 03 Aug 2018, 03:42

Askham Tiger wrote:

Without wishing to fall out with anyone, I'm well aware of how mean averages are calculated. Even including the bumper attendance for the Bulls fixture they're still 300 paying spectators per home game short of what they projected and budgeted for.

Using your rather patronising pub analogy, even if that hypothetical landlord sold 40% of his yearly earnings in one month, at least he could look forward to it coming round every 12 months.

Do you honestly think that when Bradford are replaced by Rochdale next season that the Cougars will be rubbing their hands together, looking forward to a near 3000 crowd ?

I'd say that by the end of March, Keighley had received all their season ticket income, their handout from central funding, and the receipts from their only big crowd of the season. And were spending money based on wildly optimistic projections. Which probably explains why they ran out of cash mid June and have been bought out by an investment organisation.

Not that I'm having a go at Keighley, as Whitehaven, Barrow and Leigh are in the same boat, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Featherstone and, if relegated, Widnes and Salford going the same way.

All of which leads us into a new topic which I'll post in the Anything RL section when I get the chance, it pertains to the sustainability of our game from the top down.

Anyway, as I said in my original post, Good luck to you Steve Gill.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 03 Aug 2018, 11:51

Spanishtiger wrote:snip
Not meaning to be patronising Spanishtiger, my grief is with the 'come and help us' plea from Keighley where they said they are averaging 600 a match. I just think it's important, when you're trying to get people to invest, that the facts are correct.

It's a bit like Martyn Sadler last week praising Andrew Chalmers at Bradford Bulls for overseeing an increase in crowds this season at Odsal - crowds are actually down on 2017.

Anyway I guess the big question is when Keighley averaged 808 last season, who was it who decided to budget for an almost 40% increase in crowds (which hasn't happened)!

I'll be interested to see what ideas Steve Gill has to bring the fans back, he has his work cut out but I'm sure he's aware of that. If they could get anywhere near the days of Cougarmania then it can only be good for the game.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 03 Aug 2018, 15:06

Agree with you on all of this Askham.

GET EM ON SIDE
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by GET EM ON SIDE » 03 Aug 2018, 16:13

Spoke to a fan and he says Steve's only idea so far is let's get a supporters club together and raise additional funds. My answer to that would be you need the support first? Supporters clubs are great at getting donations in but only work with good numbers. Keighley main issue seems to be supporter based ie nobody watching them.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 04 Aug 2018, 18:59

Know some people on Cougars board he's done more than that ...so for installed some sort of
professionalism into them should act as SL
appearances...pride in cougars

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Aug 2018, 10:14

We might just see a friendly with them next year or a link up.