Come Back Benny Roberts all is forgiven.....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Come Back Benny Roberts all is forgiven.....

Post by the happy hooker9 » 20 Jul 2018, 22:18

After that wonderful display of classic creative off half display by that man of sublime exquisite ball skills Jamie Ellis I can only plead for the quick return of our current sick note half back. Surely a half fit crocked Benny can perform better than 3 year contract Ellis. I've seen some rubbish half backs at Cas in my 40 years supporting them, viz Ronnie Sigsworth, but Jesus H Ellis tonight takes the crown

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Come Back Benny Roberts all is forgiven.....

Post by Keithy » 20 Jul 2018, 22:21

Best part was he was rollicking other players throughout the game. Dreadful.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Jul 2018, 22:38

Keithy wrote:Best part was he was rollicking other players throughout the game. Dreadful.
Aye. On sevetal occasions he threw a shocking ball and then began berating others. Showed tonihht he is a squad player. Not our go to man. Tbf plenty of others were poor.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Jul 2018, 22:48

don't usually like knocking individual players but Jamie was gash tonight in every aspect of his game.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 20 Jul 2018, 22:50

Never good to pick out one player in such a poor team performance but ellis has to take this on the chin. He was absolutely rubbish. Predictable, pedestrian and pathetic. Out of all the games I’ve seen without gale - this was the one where you could see a complete lack of leadership and direction. There a quite a few more that aren’t far behind ellis’s Shambolic performance.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Jul 2018, 22:56

Allerton eskimo wrote:Never good to pick out one player in such a poor team performance but ellis has to take this on the chin. He was absolutely rubbish. Predictable, pedestrian and pathetic. Out of all the games I’ve seen without gale - this was the one where you could see a complete lack of leadership and direction. There a quite a few more that aren’t far behind ellis’s Shambolic performance.

He was poor but how about our left edge? Top try scorer last year looked like he was upset over not being full back and didn't want to play. As for his centre and our CAPTAIN he was pathetic in every aspect.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 20 Jul 2018, 22:57

How bad must Aston be for Ellis to keep him out of the team.

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 20 Jul 2018, 23:08

Ellis is copy the backlash but 1-17 were poor tonight lack of enthusiasm call it what you want we were beaten by the better team a team who wanted it more than cas did.. it’s so frustrating being a cas fan ..as for Benny Roberts can somebody who’s a stats person tell me in the time he’s been here how many games per season he’s actually played b like to bet he’s spent more time off the field than on it and when he’s playing he often goes missing in games or weathers to cold .. what good is that to us .. time to get rid in my opinion

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Jul 2018, 23:10

Ladytiger wrote:Ellis is copy the backlash but 1-17 were poor tonight lack of enthusiasm call it what you want we were beaten by the better team a team who wanted it more than cas did.. it’s so frustrating being a cas fan ..as for Benny Roberts can somebody who’s a stats person tell me in the time he’s been here how many games per season he’s actually played b like to bet he’s spent more time off the field than on it and when he’s playing he often goes missing in games or weathers to cold .. what good is that to us .. time to get rid in my opinion

he's played 71 times. This his 3rd season.

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 20 Jul 2018, 23:24

Thks.. seems an awful lot to say he’s only played a handful this season.. so your saying in the first two seasons he did nearly full season without injuries?? Very surprised if that’s correct

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Jul 2018, 23:31

Search it out if you want but I was one of plenty on here that derided the Ellis signing only to be shot down. Sorry but the bloke is utter tripe and i’ve been proved correct tine and time again. He’s not even squad filler level. Pay him off and look elsewhere for back up and go get a true first choice 6 to play with Gale.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 20 Jul 2018, 23:43

Imagine low balling Tom Holmes then giving a 3 year contract to a player you already got rid of once because he wasn't good enough :lol:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jul 2018, 23:46

We didn't make the right signings for this season now were in need of three or four good signings in the backs just to hold our position next year
Powells performed miracles keeping the side in the top four all season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 20 Jul 2018, 23:58

Come on guys let’s keep perspective.when was last time we didn’t react to a defeat.DP will be pushing for a big performance next week then it’s a weeks rest then super 8s.were in a cracking position considering the obstacles that’s been thrown infront of us.plus we get gale back for the big push for second place.dissapointing tonight and lost to better team on the night.glad they’ve now made the 8 so we can give them a good towelling in the play offs. COYF

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 21 Jul 2018, 00:04

Think the worst think apart from the game losing 3 players for a decent strench going in to the 8s is defo not ideal.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2018, 00:07

Ok ellis was poor so was all back line webster could hardly walk shenton was a discrace clare shunt got two year contract we need to invest in back line on plus rhinos wil be bottom four silver lining. Lol.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2018, 00:13

flow wrote:Ok ellis was poor so was all back line webster could hardly walk shenton was a discrace clare shunt got two year contract we need to invest in back line on plus rhinos wil be bottom four silver lining. Lol.
Clare was probably our best back tonight, not that he actually did much

Ellis could have had 3/4 tries if he'd dived over the line instead of passing with his eyes shut
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2018, 00:16

not to mince words this was a crap performance , we are down on bodys at Normanton please dont send any one on loan we want players with a desire to win, rant over i will be at Widnes next week as some one said i will stand coal breaking over my head

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Jul 2018, 06:24

the machine wrote:
flow wrote:Ok ellis was poor so was all back line webster could hardly walk shenton was a discrace clare shunt got two year contract we need to invest in back line on plus rhinos wil be bottom four silver lining. Lol.

Ellis could have had 3/4 tries if he'd dived over the line instead of passing with his eyes shut

after being booed because of dummying you could tell he didn't want to do it again incase he was tackled and booed again I think our own fans cast doubt in his mind.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2018, 06:45

Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:

after being booed because of dummying you could tell he didn't want to do it again incase he was tackled and booed again I think our own fans cast doubt in his mind.
Tbf near the end he was getting booed whatever he did
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan