come on ye saints

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

come on ye saints

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2018, 15:45

tonight I will become a Saints fan for one night only, our best chance of going to old Trafford is to have an home draw in the semi final Saints winning tonight would help us on our way, COME ON YE SAINTS

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: come on ye saints

Post by Tigerwood posse » 19 Jul 2018, 15:58

gateman wrote:tonight I will become a Saints fan for one night only, our best chance of going to old Trafford is to have an home draw in the semi final Saints winning tonight would help us on our way, COME ON YE SAINTS
Don't like hoping for injuries and certainly not bad ones, but a Wigan loss, but very close, hard fought match with a couple or three snapped SAINTS players would be a good day all round, preferably, Richardson, Lomax and Ben Barba!!! :D :D

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Jul 2018, 16:01

Wigan have a lot of injuries, can only see a saints win.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jul 2018, 17:44

I hope they batter each other but I also hope Wigan win (I feel horrid for saying it) and then a loss for them against Catalans next week.

I'm still incredibly ambitious and feel that with a Wigan win, there's still hope for us to chase down the LLS as remote it may seem. We beat Hudds tomorrow too, and a Saints loss would put us 7 points behind.

Saints face Warrington next week and defeats in today's and next week's game and two wins for us would put us 5 behind in the Super 8s.

A win against Saints in the Super 8s would put us 3 behind and we only need to then win two more games than them in the remaining 6 games. Sure it may require Saints having a stinker and us winning every game but I think it's doable, and more importantly with other sides coming into form too (Hudds, Catalans), there's a chance that there are no gimmes in the Super 8s.

It's probably unrealistic but while the dream is there why not go for it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Jul 2018, 18:39

Saints win for me too hopefully. Bigger gap between us and the chasing pack the better.

Let Saints win the LLS. The pressure will then be on them in the play offs and we can relax a little more than last season.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2018, 19:03

if at all posible if we are going to meet Saints at the knockout stage let it be in the final

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Jul 2018, 19:21

gateman wrote:if at all posible if we are going to meet Saints at the knockout stage let it be in the final
Agreed. Push for 2nd but it will be better to finish 3rd than 4th.

Toffycat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Toffycat » 19 Jul 2018, 20:26

Agree with gateman.anything that helps us to 2nd place.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Jul 2018, 20:30

By heck it’s 100 miles a hour.
Some massive hits.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 19 Jul 2018, 21:02

How long is Hicks allowing pies to lay on?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2018, 21:36

Saints are a good side I like watching them remind me of us this time last year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jul 2018, 21:40

Well that’s that then. Aim for 2nd now then lads.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 19 Jul 2018, 21:41

2nd place officially up for grabs now. In our hands. Which is unbelievable when you think aboit this season.
Should be being shouted to the rafters. Yes there is a long way to go but look how far we have come under Powell. Make the most of it Cas fans. Heady times.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 19 Jul 2018, 21:44

Saints defence is outstanding. They may be scoring for fun, but it is their defence what is scary for me. They are very hard to break down.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2018, 21:45

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:2nd place officially up for grabs now. In our hands. Which is unbelievable when you think aboit this season.
Should be being shouted to the rafters. Yes there is a long way to go but look how far we have come under Powell. Make the most of it Cas fans. Heady times.
Well said mate unbelievable we got a chance to go second given we've played without a recognised fullback for most of season
Get gale and Truman together for playoffs with our forwards great chance get to final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Jul 2018, 22:03

Well tonights Saints Wigan game just about sums up the task in hand to win the grand final !

If St.Helens without Barba and to an extent Walmsley cannot be broken in defence and play at that high energy high speed frequency, we have to be absolutely at the very top end of our game just to beat them !

That was a super efficient display from them and Wigan weren't that bad even though they have a few key players missing - even they looked scary at times !

Over to you DP in working out how to break them down - even when the line was broken from both sides, the chase to tackle was astonishing - both are super fit teams !

St.Helens are the fastest speed of play team in the league this year which they have worked on in mimicking Cas of last year and I believe have now surpassed. Teams will need to notch up to another level to compete !

To me, at the moment it looks like a Saints v Wigan GF and hope DP has something to pull out of the bag ! Here's Hoping !

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 19 Jul 2018, 23:28

CasRus wrote:

To me, at the moment it looks like a Saints v Wigan GF and hope DP has something to pull out of the bag ! Here's Hoping !

Wigan have a fight on their hands to not come 4th and play them in the Semi finals. If we keep winning and Warrington do that can easily happen.

If we come 2nd I think I would rather play Wigan at home in the semi. If we come 3rd I think I would rather travel to Warrington over Wigan.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Jul 2018, 00:08

Swagger wrote:
CasRus wrote:

Wigan have a fight on their hands to not come 4th and play them in the Semi finals. If we keep winning and Warrington do that can easily happen.

If we come 2nd I think I would rather play Wigan at home in the semi. If we come 3rd I think I would rather travel to Warrington over Wigan.
All will be tough. Home obviously preferred but everyone of those teams would be a huge obstacle in a one off be all and end all knock game regardless of venue.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Jul 2018, 00:32

CasRus wrote:Well tonights Saints Wigan game just about sums up the task in hand to win the grand final !

If St.Helens without Barba and to an extent Walmsley cannot be broken in defence and play at that high energy high speed frequency, we have to be absolutely at the very top end of our game just to beat them !

That was a super efficient display from them and Wigan weren't that bad even though they have a few key players missing - even they looked scary at times !

Over to you DP in working out how to break them down - even when the line was broken from both sides, the chase to tackle was astonishing - both are super fit teams !

St.Helens are the fastest speed of play team in the league this year which they have worked on in mimicking Cas of last year and I believe have now surpassed. Teams will need to notch up to another level to compete !

Saints are all about Roby, he's the one that makes em tick
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Jul 2018, 02:46

the machine wrote:
CasRus wrote:Well tonights Saints Wigan game just about sums up the task in hand to win the grand final !

Saints are all about Roby, he's the one that makes em tick

No it is not all about Roby - I can name most of their team as it is being about and that makes them look formidable as there were some world class players playing world class moves at pace on show tonight for all to see and the whole team worked as one unit in defence and in tune with each other and it took something really special from Tomkins to put a score in as Wigan never got much of a sniff to score during most of that game. Roby I agree is indeed outstanding in both defence and attack and he has some motor on him and never seen him have a bad game so I can see why you say he makes them tick.