Fixture change.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Fixture change.

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 15:58

Our last home game as been moved to Friday night from the Sunday afternoon.
Now live on Sky.

Maverick1

Re: Fixture change.

Post by Maverick1 » 09 Jul 2018, 17:01

Thanks to Sky for the change. 3 empty seats in the stand!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Jul 2018, 17:04

I know one that will not be happy my son as booked his holiday to be back for the Sunday match buying a season ticket sometimes I wonder why

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jul 2018, 17:22

That'll knock 25 off the 50 Huddersfield fans coming. At least they may not bring that flipping cowbell.

Though, on another note, another late night rush from work rather than a gentle Sunday saunter. Yippee!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Jul 2018, 17:26

What really annoys me is that when this happens and one of us can’t go, if I persuade a friend or relation to accompany on a Friday night the security guy made it pretty clear yesterday that they are looking out for non-holders using season tickets.
I know there’s a few on here agree with that policy but the reality is that having paid for two Seats I’m not going to pay for a third ticket while the seat next to me remains vacant so I’ll be looking at saving the petrol, not going at all, not spending anything in the ground and instead of increasing to three season tickets next year as planned, not bothering at all. The fact the guy was so proud because
they had spotted someone using his wife’s ticket made me laugh too. Presumably her sister would have been fine
Sorry to rant on this as I am normally very supportive of the club, but it’s hard enough getting up on a Friday night at short notice without unnecessary bureaucracy kicking in

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Jul 2018, 17:29

This is getting ridiculous, less than 2 weeks notice, I and 2 other season tickets holders will now miss the game.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Jul 2018, 17:43

I can't get now, neither can my son. I know its not the clubs fault but its getting ridiculous.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 17:55

Tamworth Tiger wrote:What really annoys me is that when this happens and one of us can’t go, if I persuade a friend or relation to accompany on a Friday night the security guy made it pretty clear yesterday that they are looking out for non-holders using season tickets.
I know there’s a few on here agree with that policy but the reality is that having paid for two Seats I’m not going to pay for a third ticket while the seat next to me remains vacant so I’ll be looking at saving the petrol, not going at all, not spending anything in the ground and instead of increasing to three season tickets next year as planned, not bothering at all. The fact the guy was so proud because
they had spotted someone using his wife’s ticket made me laugh too. Presumably her sister would have been fine
Sorry to rant on this as I am normally very supportive of the club, but it’s hard enough getting up on a Friday night at short notice without unnecessary bureaucracy kicking in
I agree, it’s ridiculous that you can’t pass your own bought by you season ticket to either a relative or friend if the holder can’t go.
The club would rather have less fans in the stadium, in there eyes, oh well we have your money.
I’ve already decided not to get a season ticket next year.
I’ll just pay cash per game, then if I have to miss any games I don’t lose money and the club don’t have less fans in the ground.
Need to change this policy.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2018, 17:58

^^ the excuse they gave me when they checked mine yesterday was 'you wouldn't be happy if someone was abusing your season ticket would you'. Getting daft!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 18:01

derbystiger wrote:^^ the excuse they gave me when they checked mine yesterday was 'you wouldn't be happy if someone was abusing your season ticket would you'. Getting daft!
Abusing it in what way, stamping on it, cutting it up with scissors .
Crazy.
How can it be abused if you purposely give it to someone intentionally.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Jul 2018, 18:05

Our club voted to accept the £300,000 sweetener which allows Sky to change fixtures - I am led to believe that the clubs involved get 2 weeks notice?
Sky pay £1.8m per year and want value for money. However, fixture changes at short notice should be kept to the absute bare minimum and not what appears to becoming the norm.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2018, 18:27

old cas lass wrote:
derbystiger wrote:^^ the excuse they gave me when they checked mine yesterday was 'you wouldn't be happy if someone was abusing your season ticket would you'. Getting daft!
Crazy.
Nuts aint it!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 18:29

derbystiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Crazy.
Nuts aint it!
Crazy, just don’t make sense.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 09 Jul 2018, 18:57

I've nothing positive to add to this season ticket situation but I would advise the Board to raise their game. This could be designed to [REMOVED] their customers off to the benefit of no one.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Jul 2018, 18:59

I arranged a holiday to come back in time for Sunday.

What’s most annoying about it is that there are already fixtures on the Friday; show one of those instead. Hull KR v Warrington is just as likely to be as good a game, if not more so.

Not happy at all.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 09 Jul 2018, 20:03

Tamworth Tiger wrote:What really annoys me is that when this happens and one of us can’t go, if I persuade a friend or relation to accompany on a Friday night the security guy made it pretty clear yesterday that they are looking out for non-holders using season tickets.
Surely you can just tell them to jog on?

What right have they got to ask you for id? Last time I checked it wasn't compulsory to carry id.

F'kin jobsworths.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 20:38

As a concessionary ticket holder, they can ask me for id to prove I'm "qualified" for a concession.
Whilst you may tell them to "jog on", they may refuse admission if they suspect misuse.

On the change of date, my pal is a wheelchair user who cannot make night games but this season bought a season ticket on the strength of more Sunday fixtures, so another game he'll miss.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 09 Jul 2018, 20:42

It's bad for some people and good for some, I'm very happy with the change, means I can go to the game now and couldn't before.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 09 Jul 2018, 21:57

cogito ergo sum wrote:As a concessionary ticket holder, they can ask me for id to prove I'm "qualified" for a concession.
Whilst you may tell them to "jog on", they may refuse admission if they suspect misuse.

On the change of date, my pal is a wheelchair user who cannot make night games but this season bought a season ticket on the strength of more Sunday fixtures, so another game he'll miss.
If I'm using an adult season ticket in the name of 'John Smith' and I get asked for id to confirm it I'd tell em to do one. Carrying id isn't compulsory.

And they have absolutely zero authority to ask you to show them any id.

It surely wouldn't be worth it for the club to turn you away with all the negative PR they'd subsequently get.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 22:07

WF10 wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:As a concessionary ticket holder, they can ask me for id to prove I'm "qualified" for a concession.

If I'm using an adult season ticket in the name of 'John Smith' and I get asked for id to confirm it I'd tell em to do one. Carrying id isn't compulsory.

And they have absolutely zero authority to ask you to show them any id.

It surely wouldn't be worth it for the club to turn you away with all the negative PR they'd subsequently get.
Read the policy/conditions on the club website. Tickets are non-transferable and id/ proof of age made be asked for.