Fixture change.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Fixture change.

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 10:03

I agree that it’s a problem you can never solve without some kind of biometric/fingerprint technology.

That being said, I’m still not convinced it would be discrimination when you agree to terms and conditions upon purchasing a ST and the ground regulations, and when said person’s are trying to gain access that they themselves haven’t paid for. It’s a misuse. The club is almost certainly allowed to prevent access to anyone they feel is breaking such regulations. That a few people may game the system doesn’t make it discriminatory.

As such, I don’t think it was ever a way of preventing it - just minimising it. The club has lost a lot of money through circulation of fake and counterfeit paper tickets before and so cards were introduced to combat that.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 10:15

We aren’t going to agree on the discrimination issue and you might be right but I doubt it
The real point I am making is that if people like me and others on this forum from what has been said stop getting season tickets the club will not only lose revenue in the good times but will have lost people who have supported through thick and thin in the bad times and won’t be there when the bad times come again
Why the club wants to encourage empty seats in the stand is absolutely beyond me. If you want to defend it, fine.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2018, 10:24

What would the problem be for instance as an example.
I have a season ticket, for one reason or another I can’t go to a game, due to maybe illness or christening or any other reason.
But my husband says I’ll go on your season ticket, save wasting a game and the club don’t lose a body.
What is the problem with that.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Jul 2018, 10:35

I suppose what we are debating is club rules. The stewards are enforcing those rules, which in effect are terms and conditions which we legally agree to when we enter into a contract, which is the purchase of the season ticket.
If we think the rules need to change, then lobby the club.
I have looked at the Leicester Tigers website, and they do allow transfer of tickets as Tamworth says, but it has to be organised, not simply handed over. Maybe our club should do the same, but currently don't, so if they say we may have to provide id, they have a right to ask.
My wife used to have a blue badge. Traffic Wardens had a right to request id to ensure proper use, which I can't disagree with.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jul 2018, 10:46

I sometimes think the world as gone mad I can't remember last time I missed a home match but if I woke up badly on day of game id ask next door neighbour if he fancied going to match why common sense can't prevail God only knows
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 10:51

tigerfeat wrote:I sometimes think the world as gone mad I can't remember last time I missed a home match but if I woke up badly on day of game id ask next door neighbour if he fancied going to match why common sense can't prevail God only knows
Absolutely that’s really all I was saying

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Jul 2018, 10:52

ok ive not commented on this thread until now because i got sick of complaining about the moving of match days, but up to last year my wife & i like many supporters spent around £450 on season tickets & a ground parking bay behind the scoreboard end including all the match day trimmings ie lucky draw & program. last season because of the change of dates we only went to 3 games so this year & for future we wont be renewing.

what this has also done is broke our habit of going to games on Sunday afternoon & even though there has been games on Sunday we have got out of the habit, which means we dont know when we will next attend a game.

whilst im on my band wagon the club now appear to be holding back match day DVD's in order to encourage people to buy into tigers tv, which i feel is another kick in the teeth for those who dont have the technology to watch tigers tv. this has led to the only games we see being those on sky tv so now we have joined many other armchair supporters & cas are potentially losing money.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Jul 2018, 11:15

yorky wrote:ok ive not commented on this thread until now because i got sick of complaining about the moving of match days, but up to last year my wife & i like many supporters spent around £450 on season tickets & a ground parking bay behind the scoreboard end including all the match day trimmings ie lucky draw & program. last season because of the change of dates we only went to 3 games so this year & for future we wont be renewing.

what this has also done is broke our habit of going to games on Sunday afternoon & even though there has been games on Sunday we have got out of the habit, which means we dont know when we will next attend a game.

whilst im on my band wagon the club now appear to be holding back match day DVD's in order to encourage people to buy into tigers tv, which i feel is another kick in the teeth for those who dont have the technology to watch tigers tv. this has led to the only games we see being those on sky tv so now we have joined many other armchair supporters & cas are potentially losing money.
The fixture changes are not the clubs fault. Its Sky who decide so go moan at them

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 12 Jul 2018, 11:17

I've never had one so I don't know but what do sponsors/corporate matchday tickets say on them?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 12 Jul 2018, 12:21

My opinion for what its worth could be summed up as follows;

I am a season ticket holder, so are my wife and 2 x kids, I have been for 30 years, they have been for the last 6 or 7 years. We have on occasion lent our season tickets to other people when we've been away, so if the rules of not allowing this are to be enforced then its the people we lend them to who will lose out.

We don't buy them to support people without season tickets but instead to support the club, and we will continue to do so.

I agree that it may stop some people from enjoying the occasion and perhaps going again of their own accord, but ultimately I can see that trying to manage a system where you could do this would be unworkable for the club, so if its just a blanket no then fair enough.

If you cant make all the games, or at least most of them then don't buy a season ticket, if you can make most of them and are happy to support the club in their season ticket sales then do buy one.

Seems pretty simple to me tbf. :neutral:

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 12:49

It's about this time of year every season that I yet again suggest the following.

A flexible season ticket, allowing the buyer to dictate how many matches he wants to buy.

Not sure what the price of season tickets are nowadays, but as an example:

Full 11 games: £198(works out £18 a game)
10 games out of 11 £183 (£18.30 a game)
9 games £167 (£18.56)
8 games £152 (£19)
7 games £137 (£19.57)

And so on. The Club get's money up front, the supporter can buy the level of season ticket depending on how many matches he might miss, but the higher the level the more he saves.

Or just allow each adult season ticket holder to have a named 2nd holder, who can use it in the event the original holder is unable to.

As others have said, easier to retain a customer than get a new one.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 12 Jul 2018, 13:12

Askham Tiger wrote:It's about this time of year every season that I yet again suggest the following.

A flexible season ticket, allowing the buyer to dictate how many matches he wants to buy.

Not sure what the price of season tickets are nowadays, but as an example:

Full 11 games: £198(works out £18 a game)
10 games out of 11 £183 (£18.30 a game)
9 games £167 (£18.56)
8 games £152 (£19)
7 games £137 (£19.57)

And so on. The Club get's money up front, the supporter can buy the level of season ticket depending on how many matches he might miss, but the higher the level the more he saves.

Or just allow each adult season ticket holder to have a named 2nd holder, who can use it in the event the original holder is unable to.

As others have said, easier to retain a customer than get a new one.
Whilst it rarely happens the problem doing it that way will be for sell out games. The club won't know which of the 7 games you intend to attend so would have to always allow for maximum number of season ticket holders being present. This could end up costing the club if it was a sell out, yet 1000 fans didn't intend to show up.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 13:33

westyorkylad wrote:My opinion for what its worth could be summed up as follows;

I am a season ticket holder, so are my wife and 2 x kids, I have been for 30 years, they have been for the last 6 or 7 years. We have on occasion lent our season tickets to other people when we've been away, so if the rules of not allowing this are to be enforced then its the people we lend them to who will lose out.

We don't buy them to support people without season tickets but instead to support the club, and we will continue to do so.

I agree that it may stop some people from enjoying the occasion and perhaps going again of their own accord, but ultimately I can see that trying to manage a system where you could do this would be unworkable for the club, so if its just a blanket no then fair enough.

If you cant make all the games, or at least most of them then don't buy a season ticket, if you can make most of them and are happy to support the club in their season ticket sales then do buy one.

Probably OK for some local fans. I have to factor in 200 mile round trips and the cost of a tank of petrol plus working hours and now it seems the cost of buying another ticket if I bring a friend because my wife can’t make it.That friend won’t of course be able to come into the stand with me unless there are still one or two seat tickets available even though my wife’s seat won’t be used . That’s because I’m not allowed to transfer her ticket to anyone else, even though the only reason she isn’t there is because Sky changed the date so late that she couldn’t get the time off work. Seems pretty simple to me too. The answer suggested is not to buy season tickets but funnily enough I too and for a very long time have been prepared to take the loss to support the club
Shame the support isn’t mutual

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 12 Jul 2018, 13:56

westyorkylad wrote:My opinion for what its worth could be summed up as follows;

Sounds about right to me

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 14:14

It's always a discussion that is going to divide people.

For me, I buy a ST and have done so because it supports the club. It gives them the income in advance and they know what budget they have for the season. It also helps us retain, buy and grow quality players, it helps us improve our sporting environment, and invest in off-field coaching and support. The fundamental aspects that have helped deliver the success we've had. In that sense, would I rather be at the behest of Sky and be successful or would I rather us be a sporting side and have 9/11 Sunday home games. I know which I'd rather choose and it seems unfair to penalise the club for something which is largely outside of their control.

I've just looked back at 2002 for example and we had a couple of home games on a Tuesday, 3/4 on a Friday so midweek games is nothing new. There's also got to be a reason why all the big successful clubs play on a Friday night (Wigan, Leeds, Saints) too.

Everyone has their own personal circumstances to cope with, though, and travelling hundreds of miles or having financial issues is going to be a downside.

Perhaps there's a compromise so that the club aren't losing out financially (handing over the ST to someone else means that a person who normally attends anyway gets in free and the club loses out on POTG/advanced ticket £) by a fan being able to call up and pay a fee of say £10 for someone else to use their ST. This could be arranged with a special ticket those fans have to pick up on matchday clearly labelled "ST Transfer" which will only be accepted with proof of ID matching the named person replacing the existing ST holder.

Having a 2nd named person is flawed in that you can just have a named female person and as has already been discussed, you could then just hand it over to a friend or family member of either gender without being challenged then.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Jul 2018, 14:20

What's the difference in me buying a match day ticket and giving it away because I can't go and someone using my season ticket for the same scenario?

It's all bought and paid for. The only problem I can see is someone buying a concession or junior season ticket and not being eligible due to lying about their age. This I can understand the club asking for ID but for a full adult season ticket what difference does it make who uses it?
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 14:29

Just guessing but it's probably the fact that ST holders are counted in the crowd, whereas a paid for ticket isn't until it's used.

If you have 3,500 ST holders and everyone gives it away to someone else, the club makes no money on admission fees and the home crowd remains at 3,500. If you have 3,500 ST holders + 3,500 POTG, who pass on the ticket you're getting extra money in the bank. Doesn't matter the user really in the end.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 14:41

Interesting article here from Brighton FC about their policies and the reasons why:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/n ... the-club-/

Be good if the club did something similar. They have a policy of being able to upgrade your ST for a game for the cost of the difference, and also upgrading Junior tickets for mid week games where they may not be able to attend.

Also some good information on why including that (in football anyway) it's illegal to even give away tickets free of charge.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 12 Jul 2018, 15:23

Whats the big deal ? If me and hubby purchase a season ticket and cant attend a match and our son and daughter in law can why cant they use it? They come in to the game buy a programme, golden gamble, food and drink so they are still helping the club and we aren't losing out on our season ticket. Its time cas started to repay us fans for sticking with them through thick and thin not penalising us because sky decide to change fixtures - we have lives outside of rugby that sometimes deny us our cas fix.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 12 Jul 2018, 15:31

I understand both sides. I was an season ticket holder for many seasons but , summer rugby came along, it meant either giving up holidays or games. When you take into consideration, it wasn't worth buying one for season as I would miss at least thee games. As it works out at present, I will attend more away games than home games, but that is how the fixtures pan out. It will never suit everyone till the RL say all games to be played on one particular day of the week and the fans know where they stand,but then TV revenue drops.My opinion is that no one buys a season ticket, and before I get slated, I know the clubs need money in early to keep the banks happy.

Footnote: You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please people all of the time.