Will the rhinos come calling ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Will the rhinos come calling ?

Post by Towns88 » 03 Jul 2018, 17:49

Pretty happy with what he had to say. Always nice to get some reassurance. I do believe he is the best coach in England and we are bloody lucky to have him. I'll be gutted when he does eventually leave, ideally for the England job after leading us to either old Trafford or Wembley glory.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Jul 2018, 18:06

How undignified and unprofessional of Daryl to come out with such an outrageous statement..
I'm with you Robbo.
The way the club is a shambles fancy a small town club reaching the Challenge Cup Final.
Reach the Grand Final and win the L.L.S. by a record margin utterly ridiculous in the modern era.
You are always so objective,your views well considered,totally balanced.
You are so insightful and positive about the developments of our beloved club.
You are a breath of fresh air and sanity.
I look forward to your next meaningful contribution.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 03 Jul 2018, 18:10

casjunction wrote:How undignified and unprofessional of Daryl to come out with such an outrageous statement..
I'm with you Robbo.
The way the club is a shambles fancy a small town club reaching the Challenge Cup Final.
Reach the Grand Final and win the L.L.S. by a record margin utterly ridiculous in the modern era.
All of which are down to the coaching/playing staff rather than those above.
The honeymoon period and fanatical demands for total control are starting to open a few cracks.

Steve gill being the first.

Seems the Sun journalist has the same opinion.

Anyway one wish and that is we keep DP
Robbo
Truth is always best !

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Jul 2018, 18:15

The Sun and the word journalism in the same sentence how profound.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jul 2018, 18:20

He or she will have got there info off of here or something theve seen on facebook ...scary thought really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 03 Jul 2018, 20:40

If you wiped your backside with the sun more sh*t would come off the paper.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 04 Jul 2018, 08:19

Robbo wrote:
casjunction wrote:How undignified and unprofessional of Daryl to come out with such an outrageous statement..
I'm with you Robbo.
The honeymoon period and fanatical demands for total control are starting to open a few cracks.

Robbo
The Sun don't have proper journalist, we all know that. Most of what's wrote in there is utter sh*t

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Jul 2018, 12:38

Robbo wrote:
I'm with you Robbo.

Robbo

What a ludicrous comment to say it's just DP. The reason for our success is that everyone has been working together hard to deliver success, from top to bottom.

Daryl Powell wouldn't have the squad he has nor the tools he has if he didn't have the support of the BoD and they hadn't also had a significant impact in reducing costs and improving turnover and revenue.

The fact is that the BoD have invested in tech off the field along with the items bought by the Supporters Club, bringing in extra support staff for DP such as extra coaches and invested in the first team squad.

The reality is that it's a team effort. The BoD provide the tools and DP executes it on the field. That success has then allowed us to reinvest into the team more and other elements of off-field (such as Xscape superstore).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 04 Jul 2018, 12:44

HuddsTigers wrote:
Robbo wrote:
I'm with you Robbo.

Robbo

What a ludicrous comment to say it's just DP. The reason for our success is that everyone has been working together hard to deliver success, from top to bottom.

Daryl Powell wouldn't have the squad he has nor the tools he has if he didn't have the support of the BoD and they hadn't also had a significant impact in reducing costs and improving turnover and revenue.

The fact is that the BoD have invested in tech off the field along with the items bought by the Supporters Club, bringing in extra support staff for DP such as extra coaches and invested in the first team squad.

The reality is that it's a team effort. The BoD provide the tools and DP executes it on the field. That success has then allowed us to reinvest into the team more and other elements of off-field (such as Xscape superstore).
Spot on. If the club were a shambles off the field then DP would be off to Leeds.
cum on you Ford

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 04 Jul 2018, 13:02

Castleford coach Daryl Powell has insisted he is “100 per cent committed” to the Tigers – and has played down talk of him returning to Leeds Rhinos as their new coach.

Powell was inevitably mentioned among the favourites for the now-vacant role at Headingley following the sacking of Brian McDermott on Monday.

It would have meant a return to Leeds as coach for Powell, who left the role in 2003. He, however, has insisted to the club’s own TV channel that he has no intention of walking out on Castleford.

“I haven’t spoken to anybody,” he said.

“There’s always rumours when a big job comes up and I’ve been rumoured with quite a few (jobs) so far this season – but look, I’m 100 per cent committed to what I’m doing at Castleford. I’ve got a strong belief in the club and where it’s going, and I think people can rest easy, to be honest.

“I’ve got a couple years left on my contract after this one and I have every intention of being there for that time.”

Powell also admitted that the circumstances surrounding McDermott’s exit, plus Leeds’ recent poor form, makes them dangerous opponents when they come to Castleford on Sunday afternoon in a huge game for both sides.

He said: “He’s their most successful coach, and you’re always disappointed to see someone lose their job in that way.

“But it’s the nature of the beast at times; they’ve lost seven in a row but it always means they’re getting closer to their next win. We won’t be looking at anything other than making sure we’re spot on. We’ve got a good opportunity in our last four games to make a statement and this is the starting point.”

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Jul 2018, 14:08

Thanks for that, he's definitely off then!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Jul 2018, 15:31

Seen it so many times F.C. where people give statements, moments or kiss the Badge then they go.

This time I think he will stay, thankfully.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 04 Jul 2018, 16:13

Flat Capper wrote:Thanks for that, he's definitely off then!
Sure is. My friend knows someone near headingley stadium who has a dog and the dog spoke to their cat and mentioned seeing Powell down at the stadium this morning with a contract in his hand hugging Ronnie the Rhino.

He would have taken a photo but he's a dog after all, that and he was distracted by a great looking stick, easily in the top 10 he's ever had.

Believe him 100% as he's always in the know and wouldn't lie about this.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 04 Jul 2018, 16:19

Matt wrote:
Sure is. My friend knows someone near headingley stadium who has a dog and the dog spoke to their cat and mentioned seeing Powell down at the stadium this morning with a contract in his hand hugging Ronnie the Rhino.

He would have taken a photo but he's a dog after all, that and he was distracted by a great looking stick, easily in the top 10 he's ever had.

:lol:

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 04 Jul 2018, 16:22

Matt wrote:

Could the cat be lying? Sure he got it from the horse's mouth?

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Jul 2018, 17:19

Great responses fellas and just what the 'debate' needs. 8)

As with so many things Cas related, I'll believe it when I see it but don't think DP is gong anywhere anytime soon...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 04 Jul 2018, 23:17

Matt wrote:

Well done for taking the lead on this topic.

Cats are not generally a good saucer of information and this feline sounds like he/she is milking this for attention.

The real story is more like Hetheringtons inability to see that, at Headingly, the tail is wagging the dog these days...

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 04 Jul 2018, 23:52

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Matt wrote:

Cats are not generally a good saucer of information and this feline sounds like he/she is milking this for attention.

The real story is more like Hetheringtons inability to see that, at Headingly, the tail is wagging the dog these days...
I'm not sure, the cat seems to be a good source of information. I mean it doesn't really care what happens in RL so I doubt it would lie and Roger the dog is solid - full pedigree and loyal to his club.. sorry owners.

If we can't trust cats and dogs how can we ever believe some guy down the pub who saw Powell in Leeds? Seems logical to me :D
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 05 Jul 2018, 00:24

Matt wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Matt wrote:

I'm not sure, the cat seems to be a good source of information. I mean it doesn't really care what happens in RL so I doubt it would lie and Roger the dog is solid - full pedigree and loyal to his club.. sorry owners.

If we can't trust cats and dogs how can we ever believe some guy down the pub who saw Powell in Leeds? Seems logical to me :D
Sounds pawsible....

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Jul 2018, 08:50

why would they want Daryl when Mildred is wanting to get back over here ??