Mitch Clarke

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Mitch Clarke

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jul 2018, 10:25

Think Holmes
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Jul 2018, 12:47

Holmes has only looked ropey the last couple of games since he's been moved to the right

He should still be ahead of Wardle and mcmeeken if we're basing it on this seasons form
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Jul 2018, 13:20

gateman wrote:Watching Clarke he outshone our big money signing from Hull who seemed to crab across the line instead of going forward two good games from Clarke two not so good from Liam we know the lad as got it in him and hopefully he will show the form he had at Hull in the next few games
Clark as been really good since getting his chance but I feel Powell is trying to play Watts more as half than the big go forward prop I had hoped we had signed him for.
Powell needs to get Watts doing what he does best hitting the line and looking for off loads like Radders used him at Hull.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jul 2018, 13:22

He looks for offloads now, just at the wrong time and stupidly.

I'd rather him get his head down and just run at the line and not worry too much about offloading. Our best hope is him carrying the team forward.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Jul 2018, 13:29

HuddsTigers wrote:He looks for offloads now, just at the wrong time and stupidly.

I'd rather him get his head down and just run at the line and not worry too much about offloading. Our best hope is him carrying the team forward.
Point is Watts is trying to do what Powell is asking of him and that is taking away from his natural game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jul 2018, 14:00

You could feel big liam itching to off load the ball on a number of occasions yesterday ...our forwards were so much on top of there's no need to do owt risky really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 15:44

From the start of the 2nd half, it was clear that DP had introduced a change of tactics. Direct around the ruck and put Leeds through the mincer! Offloads didn't start again until last few minutes.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jul 2018, 17:23

tigerfeat wrote:You could feel big liam itching to off load the ball on a number of occasions yesterday ...our forwards were so much on top of there's no need to do owt risky really
The team seem to want to overplay at times just to try and score. We did this last year where we tried to score off every set when we're dominating. Sometimes I wonder if it's better for someone just to pin their ears back and take the tackle, than throwing it around and hoping.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Jul 2018, 17:36

I thought watts had a very good game and made big meters but I did wonder if he had been told to cut back on the off loads a bit after last week.
jo brand is eddie warings love child