Wingers For Next Year

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Wingers For Next Year

Post by jackknife » 21 Jun 2018, 09:11

nottinghamtiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:I think we need a big powerful winger and centre combo to play on right with shenton n eden to keep doing what they do on the left.

Like Webster and Carney but a younger version
Mata’utia and Vai Vai would be superb.
If Leigh don’t get promoted, I can’t see Mata’utia staying there.

Alternatively, given Salford’s money problems, I’d be happy to take Junior Sa’u as a replacement for Webster.
Sau is 31 n injured just as much as Webster the other 2 would be great though
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 09:12

nottinghamtiger wrote:
jackknife wrote:I think we need a big powerful winger and centre combo to play on right with shenton n eden to keep doing what they do on the left.

Matau’utia and Vai Vai would be superb.
If Leigh don’t get promoted, I can’t see Mat’utia staying there.

Alternatively, given Salford’s money problems, I’d be happy to take Junior Sa’u as a replacement for Webster.
I'd of taken Sa'u a couple of years ago for def. Not now though. Hopefully we get a class strong centre and wing partnership for 2019. Can't see us getting Matau'utia (weren't Saints chasing him) and wasn't Sheens insistent that Vaivai was staying put (although would change if they got relegated).

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jun 2018, 09:15

jackknife wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

That was my thinking regarding Sa'u. We'd need a replacement for the replacement for 2020 if we signed him. Might as well get one that'll last.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jun 2018, 13:24

flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
flow wrote:true but have to sign better then clare egodo would give gill a chance on is hull kr game but need a class winger don't just want to attack just down one wing .
We do have Minikin though and in a salary-capped sport we can’t have top-line players (earning top-line money) as back-ups.
I’d be happy (ish) with Eden, Minikin, Clare and Gill.
In an ideal world we’d sign a top winger and Minikin could cover across the back line, but with the salary cap we have in place strengthening one area inevitabely means we can’t strengthen another.
glad your not running the club mate we would be average mid table club with eden injury prone you would go with clare and gill we have surplus forwards which can be offloaded to pay for a decent winger ](*,)
And then when we have lots of injuries to forwards we will be short their.

No team can have a squad of superstars.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jun 2018, 13:27

flow wrote:
fords wrote:
MØL wrote:With Hitchcox and Lo going/gone. Clare yet to sign his optional extension and hopefully Minikin seeing more time in the centres, who are our wingers for next season gonna be?

Eden is a certain
Gill for me will step up big time and into the top 3 at the club
Egodo seems like he needs another season on loan at a Championship club to help further his progress
I'd like to see Minikin bulk up over pre-season and given the opportunity to play in the centres
I'd pass on Clare's optional extension
Meaning we would need another wing man for 2019
Note: Egodo and Gill can/will both play in the centres too

Would Luke Briscoe or Adam Swift do the job for us?

I'd take Briscoe think he'd be class for us. Swift has the experience at an elite super league club and has electric pace but consistency is an issue.

Anyone else?
FB and a centre are priority for 2019.

Wingers we will have
Gill
Egodo
Minikin
Eden
Clare assuming we retain him
Shenton if were desperate

I would release maher and green and replace with 1 of better quality.
eden yes but got to think bigger then clare egodo gill letting jy go who s better then all three need class winger to sign to challenge for top trophy's will go backwards if use filling in players
No we dont. Have many world class wingers play in S L?

Cant name one.

Quality centre and FB means the wingers we have will be fine and score plenty of tries.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jun 2018, 16:29

Huddersfield have a world class winger

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Jun 2018, 18:13

jackknife wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Sa’u has played every game for Salford this season. He played 24 games last season (I think he was banned for a few too rather than injured).
Nothing wrong with a bit of experience in the side either. I’m not suggesting we give him a long contract, but there were plenty who didn’t want us to sign Webster because of his injury record.