hitchcox

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

hitchcox

Post by classysupercas3 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:48

So been confirmed no jy for next year

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: hitchcox

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:50

Shame. Fan of Jy's. Gill to step up plus would like a new winger too.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 17 Jun 2018, 19:54

Had to happen with him taking Quota spot. Just hope Eden ain't injury prone all season again.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:57

We need to do something with the quota spot otherwise if it's on another back up player I would've kept Jy on.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Jun 2018, 21:13

MØL wrote:We need to do something with the quota spot otherwise if it's on another back up player I would've kept Jy on.
Surely at Hitchcox age he wants to be at a team where he is first choice , the lads done his time as a back stop.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 17 Jun 2018, 21:30

It will be sad to see him go. He has been an ultimate professional without any complaints and has always done a job when called upon. you can't really ask for anymore than that.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Jun 2018, 08:03

Is he our top scorer this year?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jun 2018, 08:30

never once as he let us down sorry to see him go, he will be a revelation in the lower leagues, hoping to see him get some more trys in CAS colours before he departs

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 18 Jun 2018, 09:33

I just hope whomever takes his spot is well worth the money we shell out. It’s a real shame to see the lad go, he’s, turned everyone’s option around, it seems, when he first joined not many wanted him here, now, none want him to leave. Good luck Jy n thanks for the memories.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jun 2018, 09:40

bane73 wrote:I just hope whomever takes his spot is well worth the money we shell out. It’s a real shame to see the lad go, he’s, turned everyone’s option around, it seems, when he first joined not many wanted him here, now, none want him to leave. Good luck Jy n thanks for the memories.
Shame he's not a foot taller. Looses out on high balls which is why I assume DP prefers Clare as backup and we can use the quota on somebody to improve the starting 17

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Jun 2018, 12:08

fords wrote:
bane73 wrote:I just hope whomever takes his spot is well worth the money we shell out. It’s a real shame to see the lad go, he’s, turned everyone’s option around, it seems, when he first joined not many wanted him here, now, none want him to leave. Good luck Jy n thanks for the memories.
Shame he's not a foot taller. Looses out on high balls which is why I assume DP prefers Clare as backup and we can use the quota on somebody to improve the starting 17
Genuinely think this is the reason we’re looking for another Winger.
He’s just too small for a winger or fullback. Not in the stature sense but height wise he gets bullied. It’s a weak link.
I’d take a steady signing like Kirk Dixon was for us, not a world star, just someone talented and tall. And quick. And a good finisher. And a good tackler..lol....
Audacter Et Sincere

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Jun 2018, 12:13

Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
He’s just too small for a winger or fullback. Not in the stature sense but height wise he gets bullied. It’s a weak link.
I’d take a steady signing like Kirk Dixon was for us, not a world star, just someone talented and tall. And quick. And a good finisher. And a good tackler..lol....
Luke Briscoe!?

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 18 Jun 2018, 12:43

Someone like Kirk Dixon ? Please. We are we settling for mediocrity

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Jun 2018, 12:58

MØL wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Luke Briscoe!?
Kieran Gill?

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 18 Jun 2018, 13:18

Tigersbarmy wrote:Someone like Kirk Dixon ? Please. We are we settling for mediocrity

Nowt wrong with Kirk Dixon. Never let us down & the golden point kick against Wakey in the CC was a special moment.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Jun 2018, 15:31

Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Height wise...you mean like Justin Carney???

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2018, 15:34

Fumper27 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Height wise...you mean like Justin Carney???
Carney has the ability to jump and catch the ball above his head. Jy doesn’t. Carney’s build also means it is difficult to challenge him in the air as often the attacker needs to run around him first.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Jun 2018, 16:37

Sharlotiger wrote:
MØL wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Luke Briscoe!?
Kieran Gill?
Yep. Him as well.

bobby

Post by bobby » 18 Jun 2018, 16:55

Sad to see Jy go. He's never let us down. Just gets on and does a good job.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 18 Jun 2018, 17:01

Mate Kirk Dixon was bang average , really Going to judge his time by us by one kick ahah