Jake Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Jake Trueman

Post by sparky49 » 17 Jun 2018, 18:32

On todays performance he should have a prolonged spell back in the under 19's. His passing and kicking game was dire at best and his age is no excuse, others seem to manage. That today has to rank with the worst displays of the season, all we had to do was control the ball instead of trying to play fancy dan rugby.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Jake Trueman

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jun 2018, 18:38

Not a patch on Richardson at saints. Both similar age but Richardson seemed to have come on better than trueman. He scored 3 tries on his debut at Wigan. Everyone thought him the bees knees. He needs a run in the championship with less pressure, seems to be telling on him now. I’m sure he’ll come good further down the line, sadly we need him on the pitch cos Roberts and gale are weeks away.

This isn’t a go at trueman , just an opinion.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 17 Jun 2018, 18:38

sparky49 wrote:On todays performance he should have a prolonged spell back in the under 19's. His passing and kicking game was dire at best and his age is no excuse, others seem to manage. That today has to rank with the worst displays of the season, all we had to do was control the ball instead of trying to play fancy dan rugby.
We scored from at least two of his kick, agree he didn’t have his best game for us, but he’s still a kid and the experience he’s gaining will be invaluable going forward.
Danny Boy

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jun 2018, 18:41

One "bad" game and the knives are out, best fans in the game at it again :roll:

He's a 19 year old running the team, Richardson at St Helens gets to play off the back of Roby, Lomax & Barbra... Huge difference.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jun 2018, 18:43

TheSheriff wrote:One "bad" game and the knives are out, best fans in the game at it again :roll:

He's a 19 year old running the team, Richardson at St Helens gets to play off the back of Roby, Lomax & Barbra... Huge difference.
Like I said it’s an opinion, knifes aren’t out, it’s an observation.
He’s gonna be a good kid further down the line.
Oh I thought QLT was poor also.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jun 2018, 18:59

it wasn't one of Jakes better games, I wish he would let the ball go the first time instead of dummying and then letting it go, I was expecting a big game from QLT only to be disappointed, our team is doing it tough with the amount of injuries we have, the four we picked up today didn't look good

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:01

Let’s not forget that QLT has been with the club two weeks and played in an unfamiliar position both times.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:04

old cas lass wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:One "bad" game and the knives are out, best fans in the game at it again :roll:

Like I said it’s an opinion, knifes aren’t out, it’s an observation.
He’s gonna be a good kid further down the line.
Oh I thought QLT was poor also.
Q was poor,getting out of the action constantly he was

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 17 Jun 2018, 19:08

Thought QLT went well first half went missing 2nd half

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 17 Jun 2018, 19:08

Fumper27 wrote:Let’s not forget that QLT has been with the club two weeks and played in an unfamiliar position both times.
He was dire today . There looked a reason he's been playing in the championship and we saw it today . Miles off the pace of the game .Think Mcshane bypassed him when he came on

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:12

Exactly.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:14

Yeah Richardson is 21/22 so not the same age at all.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 17 Jun 2018, 19:25

this post is peak Cas fans.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:30

Trueman is least of our worries if you ask me.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 17 Jun 2018, 19:41

old cas lass wrote:Not a patch on Richardson at saints. Both similar age but Richardson seemed to have come on better than trueman. He scored 3 tries on his debut at Wigan. Everyone thought him the bees knees. He needs a run in the championship with less pressure, seems to be telling on him now. I’m sure he’ll come good further down the line, sadly we need him on the pitch cos Roberts and gale are weeks away.

He’s 2 and a half years older than Trueman and isn’t being asked to be the main man at Saints unlike Trueman.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 20:55

old cas lass wrote:Not a patch on Richardson at saints. Both similar age but Richardson seemed to have come on better than trueman. He scored 3 tries on his debut at Wigan. Everyone thought him the bees knees. He needs a run in the championship with less pressure, seems to be telling on him now. I’m sure he’ll come good further down the line, sadly we need him on the pitch cos Roberts and gale are weeks away.

Really don't think being of similar age means much. Shaun Johnson and Jamie Ellis are similar in age... (although not in weight :-" :lol: )

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 17 Jun 2018, 21:05

MØL wrote:

Really don't think being of similar age means much. Shaun Johnson and Jamie Ellis are similar in age... (although not in weight :-" :lol: )
Disagree. I think two youngsters of similar age who are progression focused means more than comparing two guys who are already established.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Jun 2018, 21:15

PSTiger wrote:

He’s 2 and a half years older than Trueman and isn’t being asked to be the main man at Saints unlike Trueman.
Exactly FFS.

Let's take 12 players out of Saints team and ask a 19 yr old kid run the show and see how they get on.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Jun 2018, 21:20

Not seen today’s game, but do know this.

Trueman will come good and win us games one day.

In 5 years times he could be a super league winning half back, and still only 24. Absolutely incredible experience for him, he
L be Captain one day.
Audacter Et Sincere

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 17 Jun 2018, 21:22

Truey and richardson too completly different player imo both play the game different also one playing in a team whos been near on same players same position week on week and all probably playing to the top of there ability.