what on earth happened?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: what on earth happened?

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Jun 2018, 18:43

MØL wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:We need 2 new centres for 2019. Webster to retire and Shenny is absolute stop trying get round the swear filter and read the AUP
You'd get rid of Shenton! :shock:
I would. His decision making is terrible. Shot out of the line far too many times today, one he dropped and they scored from. He needs to concentrate on his rugby, he's not a captain for me.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:18

Anyone saying get rid of shenton legitimately don't know what they're talking about.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 17 Jun 2018, 19:22

Loosing 4 forwards is never going to make things easy.

Neither is not having your starting 1/6/7/9 on the pitch to start.

I think If we could have brought say millo or watts on in that 2nd half it would have made a big difference.

My.only concern is we have all been thinking 'we can hit the super 8s hard with players back'. But we seem to be loosing people quicker than getting them back. And you have to wonder if we are rushing them back too, Webster looked miles off the pace, and mcshane should have really been tested.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:23

Towns88 wrote:Anyone saying get rid of shenton legitimately don't know what they're talking about.
Think some have drunken to much of the sauce at the game today. Poor team performance today so yes let's sack our world class England international captain. :roll:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jun 2018, 19:25

Its always same on here when we loss ive said mesen there were some poor performances today but no need to rip into players....or draw i should have added
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:30

tigerfeat wrote:Its always same on here when we loss ive said mesen there were some poor performances today but no need to rip into players
Was also some positives. For me thought Moors had a cracker and Jesse too before he went off. Jy finished well and didn't put a foot wrong. Minikin although not amazing (as with the bulk of the team) played better than the Warrington game (still likely playing banged up).

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:32

heritage1926 wrote:
MØL wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:We need 2 new centres for 2019. Webster to retire and Shenny is absolute stop trying get round the swear filter and read the AUP
You'd get rid of Shenton! :shock:
I would. His decision making is terrible. Shot out of the line far too many times today, one he dropped and they scored from. He needs to concentrate on his rugby, he's not a captain for me.
Just asking, who would your two centres for 2019 be?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 17 Jun 2018, 19:33

MØL wrote:
Towns88 wrote:Anyone saying get rid of shenton legitimately don't know what they're talking about.
Think some have drunken to much of the sauce at the game today. Poor team performance today so yes let's sack our world class England international captain. :roll:
Isn’t Bateman the England Centre :D

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:35

takethetwo wrote:
MØL wrote:
Isn’t Bateman the England Centre :D
Might be Connor come next weekend.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 17 Jun 2018, 19:38

Greg Minikin is a concern for me. He doesn't seem fit. So why isn't gill involved ?

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 19:41

Towns88 wrote:Greg Minikin is a concern for me. He doesn't seem fit. So why isn't gill involved ?
Yeah. Hate to see him playing injured especially when Gill is more than capable of stepping in.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 17 Jun 2018, 19:42

Towns88 wrote:Greg Minikin is a concern for me. He doesn't seem fit. So why isn't gill involved ?
The whole right hand side Minikin.Webster and Qlt was shocking. Hkr cut them open with a butter knife every time

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jun 2018, 19:52

Id be after the lad that was at centre for them now he does look a good player
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Jun 2018, 20:35

Dez wrote:
The whole right hand side Minikin.Webster and Qlt was shocking. Hkr cut them open with a butter knife every time
Don't agree. Admittedly first try was a bit easy. Second try, a fluke, third try a big lad forcing his way over, fourth try a last tackle kick when we were gassed.
We've had better days, but scored 5 to 4. No panic. I actually thought Minikin had a good game.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 20:41

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Dez wrote:
Don't agree. Admittedly first try was a bit easy. Second try, a fluke, third try a big lad forcing his way over, fourth try a last tackle kick when we were gassed.
We've had better days, but scored 5 to 4. No panic. I actually thought Minikin had a good game.
He def played better than the Warrington game. Foster for me has to be our right centre for the reminder of 2018.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 17 Jun 2018, 20:51

MØL wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
Dez wrote:
He def played better than the Warrington game. Foster for me has to be our right centre for the reminder of 2018.
Yes foster does pal

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 21:04

the machine wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:We need 2 new centres for 2019. Webster to retire and Shenny is absolute dogshiz
We need another halfback to partner gale for 2019
Patton would of been nice. Any chance of persuading Mitchell Moses to come over......... :D :lol:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jun 2018, 23:04

When you have Moors having to play something like 55 minutes you have problems. Thought we killed them in opening quarter but the tide turned when they brought on Lunt. They did well to slow the ruck down and killed any momentum we had. Thought Vaivai was excellent and their best player. Seen some people questioning attitude and effort but for me that wasn’t lacking at all. The boys did everything they could to get us over the line but were just outdone by a fresher team towards the end. Shame because with a fully fit rotated bench I reckon we would have won comfortably.

Would have won with conversions.
We beat Warrington who we didn’t think we would so in essence we have surpassed our expectations of only having 2 pts/4. Silver linings and all that.

Onwards to Wigan which now is a bigger game given we are an extra point behind them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

coyf4321

Post by coyf4321 » 17 Jun 2018, 23:11

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Dez wrote:
Looks as though he was limping since he went Down with about 25 mins left and then saw him leave in a moon boot with crutches.

Thought everyone put effort in today, might have been a disappointing result but still got a point and in 4th spot with a game in hand and if we win will take us to third.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 18 Jun 2018, 07:01

HuddsTigers wrote:When you have Moors having to play something like 55 minutes you have problems. Thought we killed them in opening quarter but the tide turned when they brought on Lunt. They did well to slow the ruck down and killed any momentum we had. Thought Vaivai was excellent and their best player. Seen some people questioning attitude and effort but for me that wasn’t lacking at all. The boys did everything they could to get us over the line but were just outdone by a fresher team towards the end. Shame because with a fully fit rotated bench I reckon we would have won comfortably.

Would have won with conversions.
We beat Warrington who we didn’t think we would so in essence we have surpassed our expectations of only having 2 pts/4. Silver linings and all that.

Onwards to Wigan which now is a bigger game given we are an extra point behind them.

I agree. I didn't leave questioning our attitude today. Also when you have a young and inexperienced spine , it won't always go well. Not to mention we were in their half once in the last 10 mins.

Thought moors had a really strong game which was pleasing.