New league Format After 2019

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: New league Format After 2019

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2018, 12:23

year after year the rl have done little to progress the sport to where it should the sl clubs exept leeds and hethrington have had enough and said ok we will do it ourselves
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Jun 2018, 13:23

tigerfeat wrote:year after year the rl have done little to progress the sport to where it should the sl clubs exept leeds and hethrington have had enough and said ok we will do it ourselves
Leeds and Hetherington as far as I can see are standing up for democracy and the little people. How the game is structured should be voted on by all parties.
The way Lenigan and his cronies have gone about things is to say you only get a vote if you sit at the top table, of which some of them voting may not be at come next season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2018, 13:27

i think your spot on it is what it is there will be change and theres nothing hethrington can do about it ...maybe try and form a breakaway league i dont know
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Jun 2018, 14:02

Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:year after year the rl have done little to progress the sport to where it should the sl clubs exept leeds and hethrington have had enough and said ok we will do it ourselves
Leeds and Hetherington as far as I can see are standing up for democracy and the little people. How the game is structured should be voted on by all parties.
The way Lenigan and his cronies have gone about things is to say you only get a vote if you sit at the top table, of which some of them voting may not be at come next season.
The decision has been promoted by Super League Europe via the new CX who is directly responsible for the success/failure of the Super League. Whilst there may be a moral argument to consult the rest of the RFL, the new CX is not directly responsible.

I'm not suggesting there's is or going to be a split but for me, the SL CX's first responsibility is to the member Clubs.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 14 Jun 2018, 14:20

Flat Capper wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
The decision has been promoted by Super League Europe via the new CX who is directly responsible for the success/failure of the Super League. Whilst there may be a moral argument to consult the rest of the RFL, the new CX is not directly responsible.

I'm not suggesting there's is or going to be a split but for me, the SL CX's first responsibility is to the member Clubs.
And the RFLs first and only responsibility is to ALL clubs including, but not exclusively, SL clubs.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Jun 2018, 14:51

tigerfeat wrote:i think your spot on it is what it is there will be change and theres nothing hethrington can do about it ...maybe try and form a breakaway league i dont know
Any breakaway league would be the venture of Wigan and Saints, these are the ones wanting to run roughshod over the rest of the game.

Wonder how many Yorkshire based sides would be keen to follow Lenigan and his rebels or would stay loyal to the RFL and Leeds if it came to it?
All competitions are presently run by the RFL and not Wigan so it would be them leading any breakaway surely.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Jun 2018, 17:15

who do sky pay the money to, RFL I think.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Jun 2018, 10:18

I don't for one minute think Leeds and GH are looking after anyone else but themselves. They put hunslet to the sword when super league started. Bramley have gone and now there's only one show in town. They talk the talk because they'll never be let go of.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 16 Jun 2018, 11:48

Tiger53 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

And the RFLs first, last and only responsibility is to ALL clubs including, but not exclusively, SL clubs.