Callum Turner/Tonight So Far

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Callum Turner/Tonight So Far

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Jun 2018, 19:42

lurcher wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Great to see our new backman Turner in overdrive on Friday , but we ain’t seen nothing yet!
I’ll get my coat.
:lol: well I got it mate.
Glad someone’s out there!!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Jun 2018, 00:18

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Great to see our new backman Turner in overdrive on Friday , but we ain’t seen nothing yet!
I’ll get my coat.
:lol: well I got it mate.
Glad someone’s out there!!
Roll on down the highway TT...!! Like your style though...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jun 2018, 09:34

is turner signed up for next season ...if weve done a deal for a young australian full back thats fine have them two as our full back options, if not id give qlt a year deal and be happy with him and turner
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Jun 2018, 17:58

I’d send him out to Halifax for rest of season.
How slow is he as well

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 18:03

Yeah he had a poor game. He won't be going anywhere though not with our injuries.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jun 2018, 18:04

Mucky1978 wrote:I’d send him out to Halifax for rest of season.
How slow is he as well
He did seem very slow when moors gave him that pass with the line open.
For statue he reminds me of Jason flowers.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 17 Jun 2018, 21:29

Lets all actually put things in to focus here. U19s player part time not on a full time contract. Never even played championship steps up has a blinder of a game with some great passes v wire backs up against kr after tweakinv his calf. Played today give some decent passes out linked up all game in the line couple of errors so what hes learning his trade at the sharpe end. Couldnt fault him one bit to keep up with the game is class in his own look at how much ben roberts struggled to get anywhere near playing that role fitness wise and hes been a pro player for years would we all prefer to go back to playing shenny at back or give a kid who has a huge future imo a go at it he might make some mistakes but few and far between. Im sure we keep him playing and in and around the first team and in a short time we will see the rewards of that!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 21:39

betts21 wrote:Lets all actually put things in to focus here. U19s player part time not on a full time contract. Never even played championship steps up has a blinder of a game with some great passes v wire backs up against kr after tweakinv his calf. Played today give some decent passes out linked up all game in the line couple of errors so what hes learning his trade at the sharpe end. Couldnt fault him one bit to keep up with the game is class in his own look at how much ben roberts struggled to get anywhere near playing that role fitness wise and hes been a pro player for years would we all prefer to go back to playing shenny at back or give a kid who has a huge future imo a go at it he might make some mistakes but few and far between. Im sure we keep him playing and in and around the first team and in a short time we will see the rewards of that!
Think Calum is on a full time contract. (Happy to be corrected if wrong).

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 17 Jun 2018, 21:43

Well he hadnt trained with the first team week of wire game sure he wasnt given a squad number at start of year and im sure never heard of him signing a pro deal like robbie last week so god knows i might have missed it.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Jun 2018, 22:11

What gets me is the fickle nature of fans. Last week he was flavour of the month, now he's slow, makes errors, needs to go out on dual reg etc etc. He's a kid in a pivotal position. He'll make mistakes which he'll learn from, but currently needs must, so he plays. But as I posted last week, if Ellis is fit Calum drops out and QLT goes to full back, the position we got him for.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 17 Jun 2018, 22:12

cogito ergo sum wrote:What gets me is the fickle nature of fans. Last week he was flavour of the month, now he's slow, makes errors, needs to go out on dual reg etc etc. He's a kid in a pivotal position. He'll make mistakes which he'll learn from, but currently needs must, so he plays. But as I posted last week, if Ellis is fit Calum drops out and QLT goes to full back, the position we got him for.
Think this will happen come Friday.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Jun 2018, 23:02

turner never going to be first choice fullback every body got exited him having one good game. trueman wont take line on
need to grow a pair . minikin should be dropped has gone backwards this year . but good thing were still in mix qlt fullback next Friday gill for minikin ellis back in for trueman I will get slated by give the youngster a chance brigade

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jun 2018, 23:07

Stop scapegoating a young kid. He’s thrown into a bit part team that’s ragged all over, with square pegs plugging round holes and you expect him to be Billy Slater?

He did nothing much wrong at all today and didn’t get much service. The service he did get he did reasonably well playing a part in a couple of tries.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Jun 2018, 23:19

HuddsTigers wrote:Stop scapegoating a young kid. He’s thrown into a bit part team that’s ragged all over, with square pegs plugging round holes and you expect him to be Billy Slater?

He did nothing much wrong at all today and didn’t get much service. The service he did get he did reasonably well playing a part in a couple of tries.
he is not that young mate have seen 19years old playing for England note to do with age if you not good enough you not good enough note to do with age you should be in your prime 19 _27 don't use age as a excuse. trueman was all so poor tonight not taking line on example caught ball from kick off dint run it in waited for somebody else and lost ten yards

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jun 2018, 23:45

at this moment in time we CAS are playing with the players that are filling in for our long injury list to slate the lads that are filling is doing no purpose , we should be supporting the young players not trying to pull them down

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 18 Jun 2018, 08:55

flow wrote:turner never going to be first choice fullback every body got exited him having one good game. trueman wont take line on
need to grow a pair . minikin should be dropped has gone backwards this year . but good thing were still in mix qlt fullback next Friday gill for minikin ellis back in for trueman I will get slated by give the youngster a chance brigade
So who else plays in the halves if Trueman is dropped? We can't just drop young lads when they have one bad game, look at Danny Richardson at Saints under Cunningham, had a bad game and was scapegoated and didn't see 1st team again until Holbrook came in.

Young players are bound to make mistakes, but that is how you learn!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Jun 2018, 12:08

flow wrote:turner never going to be first choice fullback every body got exited him having one good game. trueman wont take line on
Not slated by that brigade (everyone entitled to their opinion) but curious who you playing in the halves on Friday? Gale, Roberts are out, you've put Q at fullback and dropped Trueman. Ellis still hasn't been declared fit yet. So against Wigan who's your 1 or 2 (if Ellis isn't fit) halves? McShane? O'Neill? Sweeting?