Possible player announcement!!!!!!!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Possible player announcement!!!!!!!

Post by MØL » 10 Jun 2018, 08:40

tigerfeat wrote:Powells just took a team to wire with 8 first teamers out and beat them so at this moment in time if he wanted to re-sign liam finn on a three year deal id be backing him :hand:
Lol. Like we'd offer a past player that's been away from the club and not really improved a great deal a three year deal.........oh wait we've got Jamie Ellis back. I joke. :D

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 10 Jun 2018, 11:20

Well I might be on my own again with this one ! But personally I hope we've not signed a fullback and see how things pan out for the rest of the season QLT is a fullback and we have turner in the wings as cover ad hate a fullback to come in and push turner to third in line and him be looking elsewhere .. I believe Turner is a formidable prospect and don't want to risk losing him :hand:

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Jun 2018, 11:23

baldtiger wrote:Well I might be on my own again with this one ! But personally I hope we've not signed a fullback and see how things pan out for the rest of the season QLT is a fullback and we have turner in the wings as cover ad hate a fullback to come in and push turner to third in line and him be looking elsewhere .. I believe Turner is a formidable prospect and don't want to risk losing him :hand:

if we sign a full back it'd be for next year.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Jun 2018, 11:43

I wonder if the thought is to use Turner as a winger for a season or two to build his experience. Full-back is one of those positions that can destroy a promising young player as any mistakes can be so costly. There’s also the responsibility of leading the team’s defensive structure, which comes with experience.
Playing him on the wing to build his confidence at SL level and get him used to to physicality and speed of the game and then moving him to full-back in a coupe of years might be best all round.
There are very few teenagers who are ready for a consistent starting spot at full-back. He might be one of them though.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jun 2018, 12:22

If we sign the three players were linked with abbey vai vai and williame that will be some squad fot next year deeper in strength than any other in super league by some way
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Jun 2018, 12:54

tigerfeat wrote:If we sign the three players were linked with abbey vai vai and williame that will be some squad fot next year deeper in strength than any other in super league by some way
Where are the 3 quota spots coming from to make this at all possible?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jun 2018, 13:01

Sharlotiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:If we sign the three players were linked with abbey vai vai and williame that will be some squad fot next year deeper in strength than any other in super league by some way

JY, Webbo and a other at a guess

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jun 2018, 13:08

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

Do we need 2 centres. Yes one for Webster, I think Shenton May do another 2 years, he still looks good.
When’s his contract up.
Haven’t we got the youngster from the 19’s who will be ready either next year or 2020.
Could he be shennys replacement, sorry forgot his name.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 10 Jun 2018, 14:04

Having watched the video of Brad Abbey (granted its a few years old) his running style and speed reminded me of a young Richie Blackmore.

I wonder if that could be where he will end up long term...replacement for Webster with Turner being 1st choice full back in a year?. I also think the idea of Turner on the wing short term by Notts isn't a bad one.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jun 2018, 14:20

old cas lass wrote:
fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

Do we need 2 centres. Yes one for Webster, I think Shenton May do another 2 years, he still looks good.
When’s his contract up.
Haven’t we got the youngster from the 19’s who will be ready either next year or 2020.
Could he be shennys replacement, sorry forgot his name.
Robbie storey I think.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 10 Jun 2018, 15:45

plus Gill & Egodo..

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jun 2018, 16:03

Wiliame is equally adept at wing and at centre.

Could be that he’s a replacement for Lo, with QLT unlikely to stay beyond next year.

Vaivai and Abbey to replace Webbo and Hitchcox

Abbey/Turner
Eden/Wiliame/Minikin/Clare/Gill
Shenton/Vaivai/Egodo/Storey
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jun 2018, 18:03

fords wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

We’ve one already open Garry lo gone.
Jy to leave.
That’s 2, if, Webster retires, I don’t want him to leave he’s awesome, is he on the over seas list? Would he count...
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 10 Jun 2018, 18:10

Our quota players are Millo, Jy, JSL, Roberts, Mitch Clark, Moors and QLT replacing Lo.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Jun 2018, 18:24

Webster doesn't count on any quota cause he was already here before the rule came in
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Jun 2018, 18:46

Hope it's not Tom Holmes.... Just ruptured his ACL. Done for season but can be a type of injury that sees a player never get back to his best.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jun 2018, 19:32

Spanishtiger wrote:Our quota players are Millo, Jy, JSL, Roberts, Mitch Clark, Moors and QLT replacing Lo.
So it seems jy is defo one to leave with this abbey strongly rumoured to be coming in. Vai vai now seems like a silly rumour according to another thread it was a wind up. Wiliame from Catalans is also a rumoured signing meaning QLT won’t be staying beyond this year, maybe. Will Mitch Clarke be here next year...getting more n more like a mystery story by the minute.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 10 Jun 2018, 19:44

Are we actually in the mix to sign both Vaivai and Williame or just one of them? Can see it being just one. Seems rumours went around of Williame now they've died down a bit now the Vaivai ones have picked up. Maybe we couldn't come to terms with Williame???

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Jun 2018, 19:52

MØL wrote:Are we actually in the mix to sign both Vaivai and Williame or just one of them? Can see it being just one. Seems rumours went around of Williame now they've died down a bit now the Vaivai ones have picked up. Maybe we couldn't come to terms with Williame???
All a smokescreen for Peter Mata’utia.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 10 Jun 2018, 21:37

Spanishtiger wrote:Our quota players are Millo, Jy, JSL, Roberts, Mitch Clark, Moors and QLT replacing Lo.

Waint millo be off the quota now with him being able to play for england/scotland/walse/ireland?