QLT signs for Cas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: QLT signs for Cas

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jun 2018, 08:45

Eden was outstaning when he played full back at hkr im sure that performance wouldnt have being lost on powell hes got a great prospect in young turner and qlt who can cover the backs if he decides to keep him , people critisising his positioning on occasions playing his first game as a full back for us against wigan come on now ...
Sure powell will make the right call he usually does
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 25 Jun 2018, 08:54

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Thought he ran well with it at points amd looked lively. However, defensively he looked shocking.
"Shocking" that is well over the top. He actually looked like a fullback

Hardaker is by far the best defensive fullback in England. QLT is not Hardaker but then nobody is. Let's see how he goes over the coming weeks. His age is not a problem.
cum on you Ford

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jun 2018, 09:07

I was behind a bloke coming out of the ground friday face like a smacked arse moaning about ellis you pay your brass you can say what you want but i honestly dont know what some people want from the players
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Jun 2018, 09:40

QLT as been brought in as a stop gap filling the position of full back , since is arrival he as been among the try scorers plus giving the final pass for another try he might not be the best defensive fullback but is no slouch in attack carry on like he is I would give him an extension for next year

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Jun 2018, 10:04

I hope he's a stop gap. We need better imho

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 25 Jun 2018, 11:28

QLT won’t be the fullback next year but he would definitely be a great addition to the squad. similar to the likes of Ellis can fill a gap when needed and can be quite flexible.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jun 2018, 11:51

Dazzyb wrote:QLT won’t be the fullback next year but he would definitely be a great addition to the squad. similar to the likes of Ellis can fill a gap when needed and can be quite flexible.
Depends on quota spots and who DP what’s to fill them with.
Roberts seems to be shot with injuries, maybe he will retire or we move him on.
QLT could take that spot, but do we want a 34 yr old filling one.
He looks good in attack, but if you watch Wigan’s 2 long range tries his defence was pretty poor, both ran round him. Sadly at 34 you will start to lose your pace, we need some one with pace to burn at full back, maybe the kid from Australia could be the answer.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jun 2018, 12:44

i dont think age is a problem hes got plenty of speed he made a poor attempt at a tackle for one of the wigan trys week before he tackled one of the hull kr players ball and all on goaline stoped a certain try,i dont think he will start fullback first game of next season but hes taken a big step up and done well
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Jun 2018, 12:54

Aid wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Thought he ran well with it at points amd looked lively. However, defensively he looked shocking.

Hardaker is by far the best defensive fullback in England. QLT is not Hardaker but then nobody is. Let's see how he goes over the coming weeks. His age is not a problem.
Watch it back.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 25 Jun 2018, 15:13

People seem to have forgotten what it was like before Hardaker, Dorn was also shocking defensively on a one on one and plenty before then including Graham Steadman who was an international and a great attacking player but the same tackling wise.

Crapbag

Post by Crapbag » 25 Jun 2018, 16:18

sparky49 wrote:
People seem to have forgotten what it was like before Hardaker, Dorn was also shocking defensively on a one on one and plenty before then including Graham Steadman who was an international and a great attacking player but the same tackling wise.
X2

I bet we are getting fantastic value from QLT and I'm happy to go with him and Turner this year but we need to make a fullback signing for 2019. Preferably an established full back so Turner can learn off as if we sign the young full backs mentioned in other threads then what does that say to Turner? I would rather sign a 28-32 established fullback so Turner can learn off.
Getting back to QLT, I would swap him for Roberts release in a heartbeat.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 25 Jun 2018, 16:42

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Aid wrote:

Watch it back.
I have, before I commented on your way over the top assertion about QLT. He had a good game including in defence. His stonking goal line tackle on Leuluai was particularly impressive.

He has clearly looked after himself, is very experienced, very vocal and is still pretty quick. Lets see how he goes working full time with DP etc and training full time with his still new team mates.
cum on you Ford

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 25 Jun 2018, 16:57

If Roberts were to leave I'd definitely keep QLT on as cover, though I would still be signing a fullback for 1st choice.

Full Back: New Signing, QLT, Turner & Eden
Halves: Gale, Trueman, Ellis & QLT

I think that's decent depth in key positions

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jun 2018, 17:06

a few wigan fans are wondering why QLT hasn't been given a super league chance before.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 25 Jun 2018, 17:19

Tbf he should have been in SL along with Yere after their first seasons at Sheffield.

QLT played like Rangi Chase but from FB. Bizarre he never got a chance in his 20s.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 25 Jun 2018, 19:34

QLT played very well in attack but watching live and then back on tiger tv he makes luke dorns tackling look like paul wellens.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 21 Jul 2018, 16:18

Not something I ever expected to post about, but I noticed against Leeds that QLT threw up a couple of times right in front of where I was standing after around 3/4 minutes, and someone mentioned last night he did it again. Is that a fitness thing or nerves!? Never known a player being a "serial vomiter" on the pitch!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Jul 2018, 16:33

Morrissey wrote:Not something I ever expected to post about, but I noticed against Leeds that QLT threw up a couple of times right in front of where I was standing after around 3/4 minutes, and someone mentioned last night he did it again. Is that a fitness thing or nerves!? Never known a player being a "serial vomiter" on the pitch!
Noticed this last night. Maybe he's taking on too much liquid before k.o?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Jul 2018, 23:09

I knew a lot of the players around 1999 until 2004 ish.

A common convo was vomiting before/during the game - all related to nerves,

Apparently they can’t sleep for toffee either after a game. Which is why some get wrecked.
Audacter Et Sincere

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 22 Jul 2018, 01:33

Morrissey wrote:Not something I ever expected to post about, but I noticed against Leeds that QLT threw up a couple of times right in front of where I was standing after around 3/4 minutes, and someone mentioned last night he did it again. Is that a fitness thing or nerves!? Never known a player being a "serial vomiter" on the pitch!
Seem to remember Tansey regularly did the same (could have just been hungover though).