TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2018, 22:13

Foster as to stay at center.
Trueman as to stay in the halfs.
Looks like Shenton will our full back until the end of the season, or if we bring someone in (can’t see that tbh).

Thought wardle was much better in the second row, and oli Holmes was great off the bench.
Our forwards totally dominated Leeds, was great to see.

Still not quite clicking on the edges, expected I suppose with a set of mix and match three quarter line.
I hope we can’t kick on now and out a good run on.
Big test next week against saints....again.

Mcmeeken would be unlucky if he got a ban, like as been said, he had no idea Mylar wasn’t gonna take the ball or slip. Miler would have been hit around the Chest area, it was an unfortunate accident.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 May 2018, 22:25

I thought it boiled down to we wanted it more and seemed much keener than them. we didn't score till the 13 minute but those first 10 won us the game as we smashed them in the tackle. don't know if last years magic was fozzies first game but it was the first time I'd seen him play and I said at the time this kid is a good signing because of his engine alone.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 19 May 2018, 22:26

It's very quiet on the coach back to Headingley ... apart from one annoying sod playing Sweet Caroline on his phone HO HO HO!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 May 2018, 22:26

MØL wrote:Leeds' best player: the fat drunk streaker...and he still knocked on over the line. :oops: God love beating them. :dance: :lol:
thought at the time that ferres had taken his shirt off. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 19 May 2018, 22:28

North Leeds Tiger wrote:It's very quiet on the coach back to Headingley ... apart from one annoying sod playing Sweet Caroline on his phone HO HO HO!
That made me chuckle. :lol: :lol: :lol: Get the driver to blast it out through the stereo! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 19 May 2018, 22:28

Shenton for now, heard Powell keen on trying Miloudi again, in talks anyway.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 19 May 2018, 22:29

lurcher wrote:
MØL wrote:Leeds' best player: the fat drunk streaker...and he still knocked on over the line. :oops: God love beating them. :dance: :lol:
thought at the time that ferres had taken his shirt off. :lol:
Cracking one that!!! But to be fair the guy was a fair bit slimmer than Ferres. :lol: :lol: :lol:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 May 2018, 22:30

McShane once again was world class, the guy just controls games for fun, it's time we made him captain.

Foster's had some special games for us but I'm chuffed he's done it on a big stage like Newcastle, how on earth was he deemed not good enough for Bradford?!?!

But special mention to Wattsy tonight, he absolutely ran all over that Leeds pack single handedly, they couldn't even get close to him tonight.

My 3 stand out players.

P.s just had a look on Rlfans on the Leeds page and they're saying we were poor and we won't trouble the 3 teams from Lancashire, bring it on!!!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 19 May 2018, 22:33

heritage1926 wrote:McShane once again was world class, the guy just controls games for fun, it's time we made him captain.

Foster's had some special games for us but I'm chuffed he's done it on a big stage like Newcastle, how on earth was he deemed not good enough for Bradford?!?!

But special mention to Wattsy tonight, he absolutely ran all over that Leeds pack single handedly, they couldn't even get close to him tonight.

My 3 stand out players.

P.s just had a look on Rlfans on the Leeds page and they're saying we were poor and we won't trouble the 3 teams from Lancashire, bring it on!!!
Playing like that they wouldn't beat the two teams playing in Wales. :lol:

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 May 2018, 23:43

Don't think I have ever witnessed a worse Leeds performance than that. We still look a shambles with the ball and need to get in a proper full back, with the amount of ball we had we should have thumped the sorry Rhinos like we did last year darn lane . A really poor quality game compared to the Magic game last year but a win is a win the way we are playing at the minute.

Richall

Post by Richall » 20 May 2018, 00:12

Sharlotiger wrote:Don't think I have ever witnessed a worse Leeds performance than that. We still look a shambles with the ball and need to get in a proper full back, with the amount of ball we had we should have thumped the sorry Rhinos like we did last year darn lane . A really poor quality game compared to the Magic game last year but a win is a win the way we are playing at the minute.
Tha takes some pleasing shag

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 20 May 2018, 00:49

Good to see us bully a side - need more of that.

Still a bit rudderless in attack but to be expected at the moment.

Roll on Saints - would be a great 2 points that
Last edited by SuffolkTiger on 20 May 2018, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Skulcrusher

Post by Skulcrusher » 20 May 2018, 00:49

I would just add to all this that our forwards have been excellent for the last 2 games. They have battered leeds tonight as they did to saints last week.brutal!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2018, 00:56

Our forwards are the best in the league for mine...amazing were 4th with games in hand playing the whole season so far without a proper full-back and missing both starting haves and last years leading try scorer for much of the season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 May 2018, 06:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:Good to see us bully a side - need more of that.

Still a bit rudderless in attack but to be expected at the moment.

Roll on Saints - would be a great 2 points that
38 points against the champions and we're rudderless???

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 May 2018, 07:33

I am surprised no one as mentioned the size of the pitch, when we have beaten sides at home how many times as it been mentioned we only won because of the size of our pitch , our pack completely dominated the Leeds pack reminiscent of years gone by when Denis Hartly and co were in their prime, play like that and we should fear no one, I for one cant wait for the saints game

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 May 2018, 08:19

heritage1926 wrote:McShane once again was world class, the guy just controls games for fun, it's time we made him captain.

My 3 stand out players.

Not sure how the Leeds fans would know. There weren’t any of them in the stadium by the time Ferres scored their consolation try

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 May 2018, 08:23

Bolton-tiger wrote:Makes me laugh how the commentators kept talking about leeds injury crisis but yet we have got it just as bad and yet we keep going with out moaning and do a job.fozzy played brilliant today hes turning out to be a cracking player
We've only got 3 players (albeit important ones ) missing and is Roberts really a huge miss with Trueman and Ellis ? So only Fake and Eden really .

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 20 May 2018, 08:32

Forgot to mention Ellis,thought he controlled the game nicely.his kicking game put leeds under pressure.i always thought he was worth signing seeing that we didn't have a decent kicker.i really hope cas brings in a full back next year,they will really faf me off if they don't.

Toffycat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Toffycat » 20 May 2018, 08:48

Foster outstanding.must be feeding him raw meat before the game