TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by SuffolkTiger » 20 May 2018, 12:01

Bramley Tiger wrote:had a great day.best performance of the season.our forwards totally mullered theirs which helped completely control the game.couldn't fault anybody as every single player contributed.lets hope this is the start of some top rugby from us.
The only thing that tainted the day slightly for me was seeing so many of their fans genuinely upset about the defeat.

They are an intelligent, unbiased and friendly bunch and to see so many glum faces put a damper on things a bit.

The low point for them seemed to be when Junior took half their playing squad and the water carrier with him under the sticks just before the break. Reports suggest that many of their fans were on the outskirts of Wetherby before the final whistle.

Both sets of Widnes & Leeds fans are unhappy about having to play some of the bigger teams at Magic when others had easier fixtures.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 20 May 2018, 12:18

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:had a great day.best performance of the season.our forwards totally mullered theirs which helped completely control the game.couldn't fault anybody as every single player contributed.lets hope this is the start of some top rugby from us.
The only thing that tainted the day slightly for me was seeing so many of their fans genuinely upset about the defeat.

They are an intelligent, unbiased and friendly bunch and to see so many glum faces put a damper on things a bit.

The low point for them seemed to be when Junior took half their playing squad and the water carrier with him under the sticks just before the break. Reports suggest that many of their fans were on the outskirts of Wetherby before the final whistle.

Both sets of Widnes & Leeds fans are unhappy about having to play some of the bigger teams at Magic when others had easier fixtures.
Yet cas been the bigger of the two. Lol

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 May 2018, 12:25

To be honest, I think most of the matchups this weekend are pretty even. The only potential mismatch to me was Widnes v Saints and Widnes put up a good show. Leeds are the Champions and we have had that pushed down our throats since last October. Surely they were the ‘big team’ yesterday. If their fans cleared off that early they aren’t really fans in my book

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2018, 12:32

Yeah they beat us in the big one but for there fans to watch game after game cas take them apart must be hard to bear this time with a attack thats being misfiring all season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 20 May 2018, 12:47

SuffolkTiger wrote:

we parked at heworth metro as it is easy to get out of the centre and I was with my two sons,and my wife and daughter(who spent the day shopping) on the metro train after the game.everything was ok until we got off at heworth and we swore at and called all sorts of names from leeds fans who had remained on the train.i really couldn't understand the nastiness though they didn't say anything whilst we were on it.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 May 2018, 15:07

Outstanding clinical and professional performance. To be honest, Leeds need to be embarrassed by their pack because that was well short of top 6 Super League standard. That said, I don’t have any sympathy for them. I’m glad to see us as the best side in Yorkshire at the moment, and GF aside, they can’t seem to undo us.

Barring a 10 min spell or so, that was the nearest we have probably got to an 80 minute performance this season (Catalans aside, but they were awful so I’m not sure that’s hard).

I thought that Foster and McShane were excellent. The latter really put us on the front foot aided by some great work by the forwards. I love Watts but he needs to play sensible rugby. Some crazy, stupid offloads in the first half.

The forwards set us that platform and Leeds couldn’t get a foothold. Backs took advantage and I really thought the Shenton and Trueman link play bore fruit.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

SeniorMoors

Post by SeniorMoors » 20 May 2018, 16:12

Superb yesterday; couldn't fault anyone. McShane - wow. He keeps getting better, which is hard to believe. Outstanding performance. Foster is turning out to be bargain of the century. Word for Milner too - excellent again.

It's a long time since I've seen our pack batter a team like we did yesterday. Our backs were the focal point last season, now it's our forwards - thanks in part to the extra firepower Watts brings.

As Powell said after the game, we're a very dangerous team. Finish top four and anything can happen.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 May 2018, 20:19

SeniorMoors wrote:Superb yesterday; couldn't fault anyone. McShane - wow. He keeps getting better, which is hard to believe. Outstanding performance. Foster is turning out to be bargain of the century. Word for Milner too - excellent again.

It's a long time since I've seen our pack batter a team like we did yesterday. Our backs were the focal point last season, now it's our forwards - thanks in part to the extra firepower Watts brings.

As Powell said after the game, we're a very dangerous team. Finish top four and anything can happen.
worth 3 of parcel, apart from segeyaro leeds have had a lot of overrated overseas hookers
jo brand is eddie warings love child

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 May 2018, 20:35

Watched game back about 10 times today. Fosters performance just gets better everytime. For 2019, Trueman and Gale have to be our starting halfs, Gale should be mentoring the life out of him from now till the start of next season. He looked a well established super league player last night.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 May 2018, 20:45

heritage1926 wrote:Watched game back about 10 times today. Fosters performance just gets better everytime. For 2019, Trueman and Gale have to be our starting halfs, Gale should be mentoring the life out of him from now till the start of next season. He looked a well established super league player last night.
I agree. Just posted similar on the Tom Holmes thread. It's interesting to watch a re-run and see Trueman's growing maturity and influence. If George Williams had replicated Jake's performance, the pundits would have been full of him.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 May 2018, 21:29

cogito ergo sum wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Watched game back about 10 times today. Fosters performance just gets better everytime. For 2019, Trueman and Gale have to be our starting halfs, Gale should be mentoring the life out of him from now till the start of next season. He looked a well established super league player last night.
I agree. Just posted similar on the Tom Holmes thread. It's interesting to watch a re-run and see Trueman's growing maturity and influence. If George Williams had replicated Jake's performance, the pundits would have been full of him.
George Williams is one of the most robotic moving players I've seen for years, never plays what's in front of him and always looks like he's playing totally on instinct which is never good for team mates. Young Danny Richardson at Saints and Trueman are England's future prospects in the halves, along with Jake Connor.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 May 2018, 07:49

Having watched it again i dont think leeds fancied there task after about ten minutes of the ref blowing for the kick off
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 May 2018, 12:51

Couldn't fault the team at all and I hope this will be the springboard to another GF appearance...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 May 2018, 15:15

Nice words about the fans from Jon wells.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=5940

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 May 2018, 16:02

was a important game for the two points sat regarding top four finish. wigan and saints for the top two for me but if we can perform like that every week going into second half off season get more luck with injury's win are two games in hand . then can see us sneaking third giving us a away semi at wigan much better then saints away . :dance: :dance:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 21 May 2018, 16:14

Watkins out for rest of the year now with an ACL, that's Leeds season over IMO. Between us, Wire and Hull for 3rd and 4th.