Over to you cas tigers....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Over to you cas tigers....

Post by bane73 » 18 May 2018, 12:08

Right, after, it's finally been confirmed where zh is gonna go. I think it's time our club picked us up for tomorrow's game by announcing his replacement, be it, for this or next year. We don't want any filandering coke snorting money grabbing ego maniacs either... We've had our fill of them in the past 4 to 5 years.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Over to you cas tigers....

Post by Mucky1978 » 18 May 2018, 12:22

We will probaly buy Escare giving Wigan more cash

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2018, 12:26

Mucky1978 wrote:We will probaly buy Escare giving Wigan more cash
Escare could fit in nicely but Wigan being Wigan will keep him as back up, I think they may need him sooner than later

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 May 2018, 12:28

Mucky1978 wrote:We will probaly buy Escare giving Wigan more cash
Lol. God i hope not. Ha!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 May 2018, 12:35

Let’s take him to the cleaners.
Down to you cas.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2018, 13:08

I prefer to look forward now rather than think about hardaker or the 2018 signings ,weve got wells and powell working together now i expect us to have the last laugh
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 May 2018, 14:23

tigerfeat wrote:I prefer to look forward now rather than think about hardaker or the 2018 signings ,weve got wells and powell working together now i expect us to have the last laugh
That would be a first.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 May 2018, 14:37

I would have thought we would have had a statement prepared for when all this came out I am sure when we sacked him we said there would be no further comment till the issue was over would be nice to see the clubs stance on the whole thing ?

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 18 May 2018, 14:43

I realise this may be controversial and perhaps even OTT but my view is that we should take Zak to court if legally possible.

I would have thought Gross Misconduct or Breach of Conduct May be an option,it really sticks in my craw that he will gain from this whole episode by getting a four year deal and wage ride etc while we were the ones who suffered. I was really proud of the club for taking a stand against Solomon’s and how he treat us and I would love to see us do the same thing again if legally possible to send a message to other players that drugs will not be accepted,especially with the disastrous consequences we suffered but at any time really.These players need teaching a lesson with the drug misuse and just maybe one or two may be put off if one gets sued and taken to task.

I am sure some people will see let it be and move on and I understand that but I would love to see us make a stand and use the money to get a new full back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2018, 14:46

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:I realise this may be controversial and perhaps even OTT but my view is that we should take Zak to court if legally possible.

I would have thought Gross Misconduct or Breach of Conduct May be an option,it really sticks in my craw that he will gain from this whole episode by getting a four year deal and wage ride etc while we were the ones who suffered. I was really proud of the club for taking a stand against Solomon’s and how he treat us and I would love to see us do the same thing again if legally possible to send a message to other players that drugs will not be accepted,especially with the disastrous consequences we suffered but at any time really.These players need teaching a lesson with the drug misuse and just maybe one or two may be put off if one gets sued and taken to task.
We sacked him ?

I am sure some people will see let it be and move on and I understand that but I would love to see us make a stand and use the money to get a new full back.
Vince Lombardi

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 18 May 2018, 16:41

There's already a precedent for this, Adrian Mutu the former Chelsea player was sued by the club after they had terminated his contract for testing positive for cocaine. The court found in the club's favour and despite several appeals Mutu was ordered to compensate Chelsea in full for the transfer fee they had
Initially payed.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 18 May 2018, 17:03

Hepworth7 wrote:There's already a precedent for this, Adrian Mutu the former Chelsea player was sued by the club after they had terminated his contract for testing positive for cocaine. The court found in the club's favour and despite several appeals Mutu was ordered to compensate Chelsea in full for the transfer fee they had
Initially payed.

Surly this is something cas should be looking at doing to zh to get some money back for what we have lost due to it all??

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 May 2018, 17:05

Worst kept secret in RL, but it's still deflated me that the best fullback in SL has gone to not only a rival club, but Wigan!

We are realistically a couple of losses in a row from finishing outside the top 4. For me, this season so far has been very underwhelming and i can only prey that it get's better! A win tomorrow only softens the blow so much for me.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 May 2018, 18:59

Surley we have to go take him at least for financial loss as we payed 150k for the 2018 season one that he never even played in?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 May 2018, 20:57

ABSOLUTELY SHOULD EXPLORE EVERY OPTION TO GET BACK OUR 150k AT LEAST...FROM WIGAN OR ZAK OR BOTH.

ITS A DISGRACE...CASTLEFORD ARE LOSING MY SUPPORT OVER JUST LEAVING THIS!
Audacter Et Sincere

Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Smudger » 18 May 2018, 21:22

As someone in the game told me today, the only losers are the club and the fans, the player has ended up with a bonus.
If the RFL and the clubs think this is ok, then the Super League contracts are flawed and something needs changing. He should have remained under contract even though he was banned, the club shouldn't have to pay wages when he is suspended - he was the one who did the wrong thing.
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 19 May 2018, 00:00

Smudger wrote:As someone in the game told me today, the only losers are the club and the fans, the player has ended up with a bonus.
If the RFL and the clubs think this is ok, then the Super League contracts are flawed and something needs changing. He should have remained under contract even though he was banned, the club shouldn't have to pay wages when he is suspended - he was the one who did the wrong thing.
He was under contract until he was sacked and you have to pay his wages when suspended as it's employment law.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 May 2018, 02:26

Theres abit in his interview I really don't get he makes out like from November he was on minimum wage did we not pay him till his sacking? He crys poverty said he had to buy a different house how did he have any with little income to please a mortgage company lots of questions still open imo Did we ineed pay him to the day he was sacked which also seemed to be the day every man cat and dog knew he was off to wigan the whole thing stinks. The interview was like the zak show and not at one point did I think he actually genuinely has changed imo the only way he actually feels any repercussions from this is if cas drag him through the courts.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 May 2018, 05:54

Is there a chance that wigan paid us to sack him? In some sort of gamble from wigan, heres 30k sack him and we'll send our legal team in. Steve Gill accepts to try and at least get something back without full backing of the club, people at the club fall out with steve gill making his job to stressful to carry on so he resigned.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 May 2018, 07:10

betts21 wrote:Theres abit in his interview I really don't get he makes out like from November he was on minimum wage did we not pay him till his sacking? He crys poverty said he had to buy a different house how did he have any with little income to please a mortgage company lots of questions still open imo Did we ineed pay him to the day he was sacked which also seemed to be the day every man cat and dog knew he was off to wigan the whole thing stinks. The interview was like the zak show and not at one point did I think he actually genuinely has changed imo the only way he actually feels any repercussions from this is if cas drag him through the courts.
Someone told me he had said hed being sacked a few weeks after the grand final dont know if that was true
Vince Lombardi