No longer a rumour.... ZH

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: No longer a rumour.... ZH

Post by fords » 20 May 2018, 08:11

Skulcrusher wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
fords wrote:
Dazzyb wrote:Cas heave learned their lessons and got rid of the Monkey ceo who has clearly no business sense. He’s the one responsible for this debacle not Zak. Move on with wells and an IQ above room temp . People need to grasp that running a club requires more than just bleeding black and amber it needs a brain cell
So the person who failed the drugs test is not responsible
, dont talk wet.
No wonder Steve is stepping down having to read comments like these. Steve was in a job he didn't apply for, had no great desire to do, but stepped in at Jack's request as we balanced on the precipice. He brought integrity, loyalty, hard graft, and success, now he's a "Monkey CEO"... Shame on you.
Is "Steve" a personal friend of yours? How do you know he stepped down because of reading comments on here? How do you know
he reads this forum. How do you know he had no great desire to take the job on. All the interviews i saw he was excited at the prosect of the job. Is that you Steve??
Steve does read this forum. FACT

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 May 2018, 09:06

How any of you can slate Steve Gill is beyond me, the lad took a job no one wanted turned a lose into a profit put the club on the right track nearly having a nervous break down in the process, we are talking about Silly ZAC with out Steve Gill we would not be mentioning ZAC as we may not have had a club, things were that close when Steve took over , Rant over

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 20 May 2018, 11:28

gateman wrote:How any of you can slate Steve Gill is beyond me, the lad took a job no one wanted turned a lose into a profit put the club on the right track nearly having a nervous break down in the process, we are talking about Silly ZAC with out Steve Gill we would not be mentioning ZAC as we may not have had a club, things were that close when Steve took over , Rant over
:clap:

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 20 May 2018, 11:35

gateman wrote:How any of you can slate Steve Gill is beyond me, the lad took a job no one wanted turned a lose into a profit put the club on the right track nearly having a nervous break down in the process, we are talking about Silly ZAC with out Steve Gill we would not be mentioning ZAC as we may not have had a club, things were that close when Steve took over , Rant over
They slate Steve Gill because they are morons with very short memories , well said Gateman ! :shock:

Tictac
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tictac » 20 May 2018, 15:43

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 May 2018, 15:51

Spot on!

Feel free to rant away on this one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 20 May 2018, 17:09

Fail to see how Steve Gill can be held responsible for Zacs transgressions.
When he became CEO we were perpetual relegation contenders , alledgedly on the verge of administration with all that that entails.
Under his stewardship we are now a top four contender.
Challenge Cup Finalists, L.L.S. winners by the largest margin ever and Grand Finalists.
We are now a profit making business not reliant on the generous largess of The Fultons.
He was instrumental in bringing Daryl Powell to the club.
How any Cas fan can have anything other than respect for what he achieved is beyond me.
Some people think they either know or should know everything that is going on at the club,well no sensible business operates in such away.
So thank you Steve Gill.
Ps lovely to get yet another win over the Rhinos something that was also a rarity before he became C.E.O.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 20 May 2018, 17:23

Yet please don't criticise Steve. A loyal cas man through and through and if it wasn't for him we would be still struggling at the bottom of the table. Even if he did make some mistakes they wouldn't of been intentionally.as a fellow mineworker from steves era I have nothing but respect for the man

Tony_T

Post by Tony_T » 20 May 2018, 17:33

Those criticising Steve are probably the same people who were clamouring for Hardaker to re sign. The man who single handedly wrecked one of the greatest season's in the clubs history. Steve is clearly a man of integrity who always put the club first, the same could never be said of Zak.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 20 May 2018, 19:07

I agreed with sacking him totally. I think it was the right thing to do,I think Wigan are a disgrace with the way they have acted in this though. I hope we pursue them through the courts if we we feel they have undermined a players contract before he was officially dismissed.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 May 2018, 12:48

I'm sure The Pies considered all the facts before signing him but what impact will Wane's leaving have? ZH may have 'listened' to the old gorilla but anybody else..?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 May 2018, 12:53

just thinking about his statement that he'll win the man of steel again. I think its the rugby league players that vote for it. wonder if they'll condone his drug abuse by voting for him. we'll probably get some indication this year with barba although his was slightly different.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 21 May 2018, 13:44

lurcher wrote:just thinking about his statement that he'll win the man of steel again. I think its the rugby league players that vote for it. wonder if they'll condone his drug abuse by voting for him. we'll probably get some indication this year with barba although his was slightly different.
Think I would tend to agree with the article in today's Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... -fit-crime) which basically poses the question why does taking cocaine on one day give a 1 - 4 year ban and on another particular day gives no ban.

This anomaly needs rectifying in the opinion of the writer of the article and in my opinion as well.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 May 2018, 14:56

lets hope powell don't follow him with announcement today wane leaving wigan if the rumors are true zak being seen out eating meal with powell last week. Wigan will offer powell a massive wage increase which will be hard for him to turn down.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 21 May 2018, 15:25

flow wrote:lets hope powell don't follow him with announcement today wane leaving wigan if the rumors are true zak being seen out eating meal with powell last week. Wigan will offer powell a massive wage increase which will be hard for him to turn down.
Could be something in this, Powell may believe he as taken Cas as far as he can and the chance to coach one of the glamour clubs could be very appealing to him, just like it did Raper our last decent coach.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 May 2018, 15:33

flow wrote:lets hope powell don't follow him with announcement today wane leaving wigan if the rumors are true zak being seen out eating meal with powell last week. Wigan will offer powell a massive wage increase which will be hard for him to turn down.
So where was these Rumours last week then?

Inevitable that some sort of rumour would surface as soon as it was announced that wane was leaving

The most sensible rumour to believe right now is Shaun Edward's returning to league to take over at Wigan
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 May 2018, 15:37

the machine wrote:
So where was these Rumours last week then?

Inevitable that some sort of rumour would surface as soon as it was announced that wane was leaving

The most sensible rumour to believe right now is Shaun Edward's returning to league to take over at Wigan
hope your right but if I was a wigan fan i now who I would want and is not shaun Edwards who as not really proved as rugby league coach

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 May 2018, 15:40

Dennis Betts will get the job before Powell does
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 May 2018, 15:45

Sharlotiger wrote:
Could be something in this, Powell may believe he as taken Cas as far as he can and the chance to coach one of the glamour clubs could be very appealing to him, just like it did Raper our last decent coach.
Knew it wouldnt take long ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 May 2018, 15:45

the machine wrote:Dennis Betts will get the job before Powell does
no way betts not in same class as are powell wigan would not risk betts . [-X