Full back

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Full back

Post by Casmoley » 12 May 2018, 23:03

InTheKnow wrote:Always learned to never give up on a chase. Like the other 12 did. Not sure why so many don't like Jy. He has played the exact same as all other wingers this year. But Jy gets the most stick.

unfair disadvantage being on the quota list..

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 May 2018, 23:09

True. Will give you that. As far as Wingers go though.... Minikin seems to miss out on any stick but he's doing nothing at all this season.

Fatlad123

Post by Fatlad123 » 12 May 2018, 23:11

I thought Jy showed more commitment and enthusiasm than the rest., Yes we definitely need a full back but we are not going to get a world class one mid season. Jy fullback, shenton back at centre and Trueman's in the Half's,with the best hooker in SL back at hooker

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 12 May 2018, 23:16

InTheKnow wrote:True. Will give you that. As far as Wingers go though.... Minikin seems to miss out on any stick but he's doing nothing at all this season.

he's 3rd in tackle busts, metres and carries and top in clean breaks. He hasn't been class but no one has, stats don't lie though.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 May 2018, 23:29

If stats don't lie..... McMeekan is top of carries and metres made..... Why does he get so much stick?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2018, 23:30

Fatlad123 wrote:I thought Jy showed more commitment and enthusiasm than the rest., Yes we definitely need a full back but we are not going to get a world class one mid season. Jy fullback, shenton back at centre and Trueman's in the Half's,with the best hooker in SL back at hooker
If you think jy should be fullback your on same stuff hardarker was sniffing

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 May 2018, 01:13

Casmoley wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:True. Will give you that. As far as Wingers go though.... Minikin seems to miss out on any stick but he's doing nothing at all this season.

he's 3rd in tackle busts, metres and carries and top in clean breaks. He hasn't been class but no one has, stats don't lie though.
I think he goes about his business well. Not setting the world alight but I think he is doing his job in a team that is struggling tonfind consistency and is battling injuries and mix and match team sheets each week.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 13 May 2018, 06:22

stuey wrote:Last year we had the best full back in SL and won the LLS by miles and would have won the Grand Final as well if Zak had behaved himself.

This year Saints have the best fullback (by miles) in Sl and they are on course to win all three trophies this year.

He wins the "man of the match" award every week he plays. Thats`s every televised match involving Saints so far this season, he has taken the award.

Winning the man of the match in televised games is now a joke when it's picked early by an unknown legend. I bet you haven't agreed with their choice at over half of the televised games, neither has Barry McDermot. Just 2 examples for you, Pauli Pauli against Cas and how was Harvey Livett not even in the 4 when he got his hat trick last week when only 1 Warrington player was selected against Leeds.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 May 2018, 06:34

sparky49 wrote:
stuey wrote:Last year we had the best full back in SL and won the LLS by miles and would have won the Grand Final as well if Zak had behaved himself.

This year Saints have the best fullback (by miles) in Sl and they are on course to win all three trophies this year.

He wins the "man of the match" award every week he plays. Thats`s every televised match involving Saints so far this season, he has taken the award.

Winning the man of the match in televised games is now a joke when it's picked early by an unknown legend. I bet you haven't agreed with their choice at over half of the televised games, neither has Barry McDermot. Just 2 examples for you, Pauli Pauli against Cas and how was Harvey Livett not even in the 4 when he got his hat trick last week when only 1 Warrington player was selected against Leeds.
Personally thought the Lo decision was a joke too

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 May 2018, 06:36

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

I think he goes about his business well. Not setting the world alight but I think he is doing his job in a team that is struggling tonfind consistency and is battling injuries and mix and match team sheets each week.
I agree. Can’t think why anyone would skate Minikin. One of our most consistent performers in a shot backline

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 May 2018, 08:15

I don't get the bagging of Minikin either.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 13 May 2018, 09:03

Is this a wind up? I do wonder what games people watch at times. Been one of our most consistent players, and always happy to come in and take the first or second drive after the opposition's kick.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 13 May 2018, 10:33

lidds wrote:
Is this a wind up? I do wonder what games people watch at times. Been one of our most consistent players, and always happy to come in and take the first or second drive after the opposition's kick.
It's what wingers are meant to do to give the forwards a break. He's an average player and does nothing special. I just don't think he's as good as people make out. He doesn't set the worlds a light. Rarely makes long breaks like many wingers do.

He is not poor. But he does nothing to surprise me or make me think wow...

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 May 2018, 10:37

Mysterio wrote:Hitchcox isn’t the answer. We ALL knew we’d have little chance even with Eden at fullback this season so why didn’t we go FIND a fullback. They ARE out ther especially if you MAKE THEM BE.

Hitchcox effort on Barba when he caught up was amateurish and, well, lame...
It's wasn't the best, all he needed to do was take his legs and he would have been in touch.

FB situation think we know it all came too late in the day to get a proper one.

His plan was Roberts and it's backfired big time

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2018, 11:45

I admire Daryl as a coach, and as a bloke.

I think he’s the best thing to happen to thismclub in mnany many years.

However, I think he’s got a lot wrong this pre season.

Most notably his choice of fullback...or should I say fullbacks...

Including Trueman. And embarrassingly, shenton too.
Audacter Et Sincere

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 13 May 2018, 12:21

Mysterio wrote:I admire Daryl as a coach, and as a bloke.

I’m reading all these posts about we need a full back, totally agree, but no one is saying who is available, and for how much. All I’ve heard mention is Mead at Catalans, but look how many points have been scored against that team.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2018, 12:24

mystery wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I admire Daryl as a coach, and as a bloke.

I’m reading all these posts about we need a full back, totally agree, but no one is saying who is available, and for how much. All I’ve heard mention is Mead at Catalans, but look how many points have been scored against that team.
There’s no one available.
We will just have to plod on through the rest of the season and hopefully we’ll bring a decent one in for 2019.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2018, 12:29

So zak looks like he will be announed as a wigan player shortly who should we get for next year ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 May 2018, 12:48

tigerfeat wrote:So zak looks like he will be announed as a wigan player shortly who should we get for next year ?
If Zak move frees Escare up he'd be my choice.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 May 2018, 17:45

tigerfeat wrote:So zak looks like he will be announed as a wigan player shortly who should we get for next year ?
Who says ?