Full back

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Full back

Post by MØL » 23 Jun 2018, 08:46

Me too. Turner has got a mentor in Q.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Jun 2018, 08:51

Casmoley wrote:
MØL wrote:For me I wouldn't be keeping Q for our fullback for 2019 but def as cover. Let's see how the rest of the season goes though before we jump in and offer the deal straight away.
I'd be happy with q, abbey and turner fighting it out. none on huge contracts, two young lads learning from q. Healthy competition.
Exactly and powells done it before in other positions , he wants everybody fighting for a starting jumper
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Jun 2018, 10:19

Defensively QLT looked short of pace/energy when following the ball close to our line. Hardaker and rat boy ghost along the line. Maybe it's a bit of lack of match fitness or am. I being too hard.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Jun 2018, 10:20

For me new fullback, Turner and then convert with Eden, Roberts etc

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Jun 2018, 10:45

mart0042 wrote:Defensively QLT looked short of pace/energy when following the ball close to our line. Hardaker and rat boy ghost along the line. Maybe it's a bit of lack of match fitness or am. I being too hard.

first week training at full bsck with only three weeks at a super league club. I'd say judge in another month consistently at full back. his try was luke gale / Zak hardaker-esque.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Jun 2018, 10:48

I don’t think we’ll keep Q if we sign another full-back.
We’ve seen with Hitchcox that Powell intends to use our spots differently next season. I don’t seen us using one on a 34 year old back up player.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Jun 2018, 10:53

nottinghamtiger wrote:I don’t think we’ll keep Q if we sign another full-back.
We’ve seen with Hitchcox that Powell intends to use our spots differently next season. I don’t seen us using one on a 34 year old back up player.

he's basically taken Lo's spot. Webster and Hitchcox to go you'd think. If he doesn't stay that's a full back, centre in and which other position would you sign a overseas player for? Or does Webster stay..

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 23 Jun 2018, 10:59

Casmoley wrote:

he's basically taken Lo's spot. Webster and Hitchcox to go you'd think. If he doesn't stay that's a full back, centre in and which other position would you sign a overseas player for? Or does Webster stay..
I think Webster will stay for another season. Lets hope its not a season too long for his body.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Jun 2018, 11:06

Webbo looked back to his old self last night at times.

Will be interesting to see whether we loan out Mitch Clark next season to make room for another space.

The only other thing I feel is that all of this is a bluff and we will end up seeing Eden dropping to full back permanently, using our currently available quota spot on another wing/Centre, hence Wiliame and Vaivai speculation. Then keep QLT as back up for another season

Eden/QLT
Minikin/Vaivai/Clare/Gill/Eden
Shenton/Minikin/Vaivai/Egodo/Webster/Foster
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Jun 2018, 11:07

Casmoley wrote:

Webster isn’t counted (he can’t be as we currently have Millington, Roberts, JSL, Moors, Clark, Hitchcox and QLT as our seven non-fed players).
Losing Hitchcox only frees up one spot. You’d guess this is going on a new full-back. Given we are roumoured to be looking at other quota players (Williame, Vai Vai) that would mean losing one of the other seven in the list above. QLT is the obvious one.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Jun 2018, 11:09

Powells comments interest me, he'll sit down with QLT in the next couple of weeks which suggests a full bsck hasn't yet been signed sealed delivered..

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Jun 2018, 11:13

Also we don't need Webster as a back rower. So does Webster stay as back up? Shenton / VaiVai centres?

Also think If Eden is to be full back we need to sign another winger. Going into next year with Minikin and Clare as our starting wingers wouldn't be fantastic.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Full backl

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Jun 2018, 11:21

Casmoley wrote:Also we don't need Webster as a back rower. So does Webster stay as back up? Shenton / VaiVai centres?

Also think If Eden is to be full back we need to sign another winger. Going into next year with Minikin and Clare as our starting wingers wouldn't be fantastic.
I’d like to see:
FB - Abbey
RW - Vai Vai
RC - Mata’utia
LC - Shenton
LW - Eden.

That would mean getting two players who are under contract elsewhere, but at lower clubs (in Leigh’s case, not a SL club). It also means we’d need to lose three non-fed players (Hitchcox, QLT and one other). It’s another discussion but I’d try and move Roberts on.

I think that in reality we’ll see:
FB - Abbey
RW - Minikin
RC - Williame
LC - Shenton
LW - Eden.

Hitchcox and QLT to leave to make way for Abbey and Williame.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Full backl

Post by bane73 » 23 Jun 2018, 11:35

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Also we don't need Webster as a back rower. So does Webster stay as back up? Shenton / VaiVai centres?

I’d like to see:
FB - Abbey
RW - Vai Vai
RC - Mata’utia
LC - Shenton
LW - Eden.

That would mean getting two players who are under contract elsewhere, but at lower clubs (in Leigh’s case, not a SL club). It also means we’d need to lose three non-fed players (Hitchcox, QLT and one other). It’s another discussion but I’d try and move Roberts on.

I think that in reality we’ll see:
FB - Abbey
RW - Minikin
RC - Williame
LC - Shenton
LW - Eden.

Hitchcox and QLT to leave to make way for Abbey and Williame.
I doubt we'll see Williame he didn't reply to the contract offer in time so our interest has cooled somewhat.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 Jun 2018, 18:15

I know we’re scouring the world for a FB, so it’s unlikely to be Eden there?

Cant see Vaivai signing however much he or we want to. Hull KR hold the cards.

Matautia will join saints or Leeds imo.

Williame May sign, but when he’s exhausted all other avenues :(

Can see Abbey or maybe even the Widnes full back signing for 2 years if they go down...
Audacter Et Sincere

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 28 Jun 2018, 10:50

What about jarrad hayne from para?only 29 but had alot of experience in nrl and international.they have already said he waint get his contract renewed at there so he would be a free agent.he has ties to benny roberts so could he persuade him to come over.id take him for a full back if the money was right and what a signing that could be

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jun 2018, 11:19

i had a look on one of the canberra forums other day and a couple of people said how well brad abbey is playing i presume in the reserve grade and what a good prospect he looks, i think we would be doing well to sign him myself
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 28 Jun 2018, 11:41

tigerfeat wrote:i had a look on one of the canberra forums other day and a couple of people said how well brad abbey is playing i presume in the reserve grade and what a good prospect he looks, i think we would be doing well to sign him myself
If we manage to sign him i think thats a good signing.alot of potential in the lad and hel want to make a name for hisen because hes behind about 4 people at the raiders so if he can make no1 his own then he could be another diamond in the rough for us

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jun 2018, 10:50

abbey playing full back this week for raiders
Vince Lombardi