NEW SIGNING

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: NEW SIGNING

Post by Fumper27 » 10 May 2018, 17:39

betts21 wrote:From listening to powell seems were going with what we have no plans to bring anyone in.
It was said it the CTSC event the other night that we had a new signing and a current player signed up again to announce.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 10 May 2018, 18:01

To be fair he did say on the interview we are not look G to replace a certain winger but that does not mean we are not expecting a new signing etc.

I know it's splitting hairs but fingers crossed

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 May 2018, 18:08

Fumper27 wrote:
betts21 wrote:From listening to powell seems were going with what we have no plans to bring anyone in.
It was said it the CTSC event the other night that we had a new signing and a current player signed up again to announce.
The new signing will be for 2019 so it won’t be announced until November.
The re signing, could be ogodo, green, Milner.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 10 May 2018, 18:34

St Albans tiger wrote:To be fair he did say on the interview we are not look G to replace a certain winger but that does not mean we are not expecting a new signing etc.

That's what he meant- we don't need a replacement winger. Doesn't rule out signing other positions.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 May 2018, 20:02

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
The new signing, if it's a big name, will be announced we'll before November
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 May 2018, 20:18

the machine wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
The new signing, if it's a big name, will be announced we'll before November
Just me being sarky.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 May 2018, 21:54

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
St Albans tiger wrote:To be fair he did say on the interview we are not look G to replace a certain winger but that does not mean we are not expecting a new signing etc.

That's what he meant- we don't need a replacement winger. Doesn't rule out signing other positions.
Yes referring to Lo

http://www.totalrl.com/castleford-not-i ... yl-powell/

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 May 2018, 22:00

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Bit strange telling everybody in May if your not going to announce it till November

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 May 2018, 08:40

the way Tom Holmes played last night for FEATH V Hull playing up to the line and putting players through gaps doing what an half back should do, is what we are missing at CAS, he would come back at the drop of an hat as he is CAS through and through

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 May 2018, 10:01

I must agree re Tom Holmes. Looks better than certain other peoples.
I’d be sniffing around briscoe too. He knows how to finish! Mitch Clark swap,deal?
Audacter Et Sincere

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 May 2018, 10:43

Mysterio wrote:I must agree re Tom Holmes. Looks better than certain other peoples.
I’d be sniffing around briscoe too. He knows how to finish! Mitch Clark swap,deal?
I think that's quite disrespectful to Fev, thinking that they'd do a swap deal for their try scoring machine for a standard run of the mill prop. The kid will end up in SL, but i imagine for a bit of a fee if he carries on scoring.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 11 May 2018, 11:22

Mysterio wrote:I must agree re Tom Holmes. Looks better than certain other peoples.

I'd love Tom back and Briscoe would fit into our squad nicely. Tom's been playing full back too. He looked like Gale last night. Cracking performance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2018, 11:30

Tom was showing what was to come last year then in the winter daftness he goes replaced by players he will be better than
agree about briscoe as well
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 May 2018, 12:03

Most lads when signing on in the lower leagues have a get out clause just in case they are approached by a super league club, if tom and Briscoe have done this I would have them at CAS ASP

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 May 2018, 12:17

tigerfeat wrote:Tom was showing what was to come last year then in the winter daftness he goes replaced by players he will be better than
It does make you wonder how Tom Holmes ended up at Fev and we added Cory Aston to our payroll

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 11 May 2018, 12:32

Holmes was very impressive last night.also with gale out for the foreseeable future and Roberts looking a shadow of his former self is be trying to tempt fev into a deal now.im sure Tom could slot straight back in with not much fuss.cant see them letting him go tho

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 May 2018, 12:53

Why would he leave first team rugby to come back and play 4th or 5th choice for us again.

Next season we should have Trueman back in the halves (hopefully), along with Roberts, Ellis and Gale.

The best hope we have is recruiting a full-back and that's it. Battle through the injuries this season, and get everyone fit and ready for the Super 8s and come under the radar.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2018, 13:03

Fev certainly played with far more attacking flair than we have shown all season and Holmes played a huge part in that , Cas could be tempted to bring him back ( only signed for a season at Fev I believe) and I wouldn't imagine Tom as been overjoyed with being moved to full back of late to accomadate inferior duel reg Leeds players.
Will never understand why we let him go in the first place to bring in the likes of Aston and Ellis.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 May 2018, 13:18

alftupper wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Tom was showing what was to come last year then in the winter daftness he goes replaced by players he will be better than
It does make you wonder how Tom Holmes ended up at Fev and we added Cory Aston to our payroll

not kidding, shocking decision that

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 May 2018, 13:48

fords wrote:
alftupper wrote:

not kidding, shocking decision that
Well he was going to be behind gale and roberts for another year so wanted first team rugby so this was the best move for him all decided before october.
Since then we lost zak had ideas of switching benny to full back while powell brought a player Ellis who he knew alot about.
Also we lost Calum to union and it was seen a good idea to sure this loss up with aston not sure this was needed but long and short of it all is if Zak didnt get sacked banned ect this would have been a great move for Tom and still is. I am sure there are plenty of clubs looking at how he has gone on so far this year but his chances under powell last year were limited even when he came in and had strong games he would be dropped as soon as some one was back fit.