Saints

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Saints

Post by gateman » 13 May 2018, 08:54

init wrote:Im actually quite shocked at some of the posts on here ...

Yesterday i saw a patched up team give the 'best' team in the league a hell of a game.

In the first half we were the best team on that pitch by a country mile.....without the bounce of the ball and remember we were attacking at the time......Saints only managed to score two lucky long range trys.......on a normal day we would of scored or most likely saints would have been playing the ball on their try line.

After 3/4 gimme penalties from Child saints ended up going for two because they could not score.

I watched my team playing passionate committed rugby yesterday a team devastated by injuries ..... yes it was disjointed in attack.....that was to be expected....however that team ....my team gave 100%.... and that is exactly what we ask from them.

All of you having a go please watch the game back....the difference between us( patched up injury riddled) and best team in the leaque was ben barba.....he is world class...head and shoulders above anyone else in super league and did all the damage against us......without him yesterday it would have been a completely different game.
WELL SAID MY FRIEND I FELT EXACTLY THE SAME

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 13 May 2018, 09:19

Yesterday i saw a patched up team give the 'best' team in the league a hell of a game.

In the first half we were the best team on that pitch by a country mile.....without the bounce of the ball and remember we were attacking at the time......Saints only managed to score two lucky long range trys.......on a normal day we would of scored or most likely saints would have been playing the ball on their try line.

After 3/4 gimme penalties from Child saints ended up going for two because they could not score.

I watched my team playing passionate committed rugby yesterday a team devastated by injuries ..... yes it was disjointed in attack.....that was to be expected....however that team ....my team gave 100%.... and that is exactly what we ask from them.

All of you having a go please watch the game back....the difference between us( patched up injury riddled) and best team in the leaque was ben barba.....he is world class...head and shoulders above anyone else in super league and did all the damage against us......without him yesterday it would have been a completely different game.
100% accurate from my perspective!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 May 2018, 09:29

gateman wrote:

Correct. Our forwards were better than theirs, but we were slow and clunky in attack. The two long range tries made the difference in the first half, and came when we were on top. Our poor start in second half cost us, and conceding penalties for obstruction. Jake Trueman started to show promise at half back, and our never-say-die attitude was admirable.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 May 2018, 09:45

gateman wrote:

would hardly say we were a patched up team on paper we had one off the best set off forwards in super league out there . Really only had eden gale and Roberts missing and the way Roberts being playing this year would not made much different . And to say every player gave 100% you must have watched last years game back by mistake. We had no second faze off attack what so ever. nobody running straight lines every body wants to be a half back even watts at times was more interested in playing pivot instead off hard drives down middle . no intensity the same we had last year ellis seams to be playing in slow motion wardle is robbing a wage jy not super league standard minikin as gone back into is shell. so to say we were devastated by injury's and all players gave 100% is a bit tinted glasses my friend

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 May 2018, 11:20

old cas lass wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:did OCL say for powell to leave?i thought she just said he may have taken us as far as he can which means we have peaked under him and are not likely to repeat last seasons wonders anytime soon.powell is the right man for the job but he can only work with what he's got-this whole season is boiling down to the fact that our pre season signings have been woefully inadequate which was pointed out at the time by a fair few of us and along with the fullback situation is why we will not be in the top 4.
Wow someone who reads my post correctly.
Never said I want Powell out, so tamworth you lost your bet.
I believe he’ll become frustrated with the lack of quality signings. Let’s be honest he doesn’t seem to have much faith in green Aston and Clarke, and seems reluctant to put youngsters in ie turner.

I’ve had a good nights sleep and feel much better now.
Glad I lost my bet OCL I’ve always thought you talked a lot of sense.I always have a long journey back and get really wound up by a lot of the posts that start appearing immediately post match often from posters ( no idea whether they are all fans or not) who can’t wait to start slanging the team off. You tend to be more objective and I suppose I was a bit disappointed when the post came from you.On reflection I did read more into it than was there, but others who are much less worth listening to will no doubt pick this theme up.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2018, 11:29

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:did OCL say for powell to leave?i thought she just said he may have taken us as far as he can which means we have peaked under him and are not likely to repeat last seasons wonders anytime soon.powell is the right man for the job but he can only work with what he's got-this whole season is boiling down to the fact that our pre season signings have been woefully inadequate which was pointed out at the time by a fair few of us and along with the fullback situation is why we will not be in the top 4.
Wow someone who reads my post correctly.
Never said I want Powell out, so tamworth you lost your bet.
I believe he’ll become frustrated with the lack of quality signings. Let’s be honest he doesn’t seem to have much faith in green Aston and Clarke, and seems reluctant to put youngsters in ie turner.

I’ve had a good nights sleep and feel much better now.
Glad I lost my bet OCL I’ve always thought you talked a lot of sense.I always have a long journey back and get really wound up by a lot of the posts that start appearing immediately post match often from posters ( no idea whether they are all fans or not) who can’t wait to start slanging the team off. You tend to be more objective and I suppose I was a bit disappointed when the post came from you.On reflection I did read more into it than was there, but others who are much less worth listening to will no doubt pick this theme up.
No worries Tamworth.
I only tell it as it is.
I don’t fabricate things, I like to be open and honest.
Sometimes I’m wrong, and if I’m corrected by a poster I just accept it.

Anyhow pick our selfs up, dust our selfs down and go take it out on the loiners next week.
Hoping edens back next week.
Need some pace in the team.
COYF

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 May 2018, 11:35

Dp might put eden straight in at full back will that be number 5 or 6 this season im losing count
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 13 May 2018, 11:38

When's ben Sherwin Roberts going to put in an appearance ?

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 13 May 2018, 11:40

Is it Roberts last year in contract or has he a year left?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 13 May 2018, 12:02

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Is it Roberts last year in contract or has he a year left?

year left.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2018, 12:07

It’s really mind boggling though, is it not, that we’d sign

Clare
Clark
Green
Aston
ELLIS FOR THREE YEARS
Lo

I’ll let Wardle off because I truly believe there’s more to come.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2018, 12:13

Mysterio wrote:It’s really mind boggling though, is it not, that we’d sign

Clare
Clark
Green
Aston
ELLIS FOR THREE YEARS
Lo

Madness imo.
Though weren’t it steve gill who did the signing while daryll was in oz.
A lot of speculation which I think as been denied.
When I look at them players it make me feel we are still a small town club who asnt got 2 pennies to rub together.
If we want consistent success we have to think higher/bigger than that.
Just my opinion.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 May 2018, 12:55

Clare
Clark
Green
Aston
ELLIS FOR THREE YEARS
Lo

Suppose it depends.

If some of those signings were made prior to the end of last season (planning with Zak) they make sense. Certainly Ellis, Clarke or Green and Lo as squad players or potential improvers do to me.

Can't get my head round Aston or Claire really.

We've also added Watts don't forget, which suggest we always had money available if we could find a decent fullback, I suspect we couldn't.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 May 2018, 12:58

old cas lass wrote:

Clare
Clark
Green
Aston
ELLIS FOR THREE YEARS
Lo

Madness imo.
Though weren’t it steve gill who did the signing while daryll was in oz.
A lot of speculation which I think as been denied.
When I look at them players it make me feel we are still a small town club who asnt got 2 pennies to rub together.
If we want consistent success we have to think higher/bigger than that.
Just my opinion.
Problem is in a salary capped sport if you want a big squad these are the sort of signings you get. We struggle because we lack quality juniors coming through to supplement the first team ( or is it Powell just as no belief in them) which the top sides have meaning they can spend most of their cap on around 23 decent players with their squads being filled out with quality juniors.
To be fair to the club we have retained well and made quality additions with Wardle and Watts. Couldn't understand us bringing Ellis back, especially on a 3 year deal and it looks like Powell wont risk Aston so it is a shame we didn't bring in another half with a bit more about them ( or just have kept Tom Holmes) instead of those 2 and with Lo now departed there must surely be an up and coming young full back in Oz who would love to prove their worth in SL rather than running around in their reserve grade over there. Hope Wells can come up with someone soon to try and keep this season alive.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 May 2018, 12:58

I honestly don't really rate aston but surley after Ellis performance yesterday he must be nearly getting a shot. I also think truey needs to start in the halves against Leeds for definite he brought us some threat in attack that we seemed to be missing and let's hope Eden is back and let's just give him some time at full back and leave our edges to get some time together shenny back in centers wardle to back row keep jy and Minikin on wings and try get some consistent partner shIps back and put macca back at 9

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 May 2018, 13:23

betts21 wrote:wardle to back row
But who would you drop, is it a case that because he was our one and only big signing we must accommodate him?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 May 2018, 13:54

alftupper wrote:
But who would you drop, is it a case that because he was our one and only big signing we must accommodate him?
You accommodate the players who train best and are on top of there game regardless of names.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 May 2018, 14:04

old cas lass wrote:
alftupper wrote:
You accommodate the players who train best and are on top of there game regardless of names.
On form he'd probably drop out but I was more going towards if he's in the team play him in his strongest position and if oggys is out next week maybe he gets his shot then.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 13 May 2018, 14:14

Watching game from sunny SPAIN our left hand shift play is now well and truly overplayed...with Zac it was highly effective now we just stutter and fumble..we need an alternative how well did stains use inside ball to Barba v effective play.
Forget about McShane at half back as this restricts go forward from ptb...big rap to forwards as they held their own ..backs very poor...DP has fallen in into to old Cad mentality of when an established player is injured let's chop n change side rather than bring in player in HIS preferred position. Well never know if Turner is good enough for SL as he NEVER gets chance to play in HIS position. Trueman IS 8a half back so fed play him there....we've lost a game chopping and changing and we still are no further forward in developing/deciding if these guys will be the real deal

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 13 May 2018, 14:26

the happy hooker9 wrote:Watching game from sunny SPAIN our left hand shift play is now well and truly overplayed...with Zac it was highly effective now we just stutter and fumble..we need an alternative how well did stains use inside ball to Barba v effective play.
Forget about McShane at half back as this restricts go forward from ptb...big rap to forwards as they held their own ..backs very poor...DP has fallen in into to old Cad mentality of when an established player is injured let's chop n change side rather than bring in player in HIS preferred position. Well never know if Turner is good enough for SL as he NEVER gets chance to play in HIS position. Trueman IS 8a half back so fed play him there....we've lost a game chopping and changing and we still are no further forward in developing/deciding if these guys will be the real deal
i think this is right m8.no need to move everyone around-play them in their best positions and use the squad players to fill in.unfortunately we are looking dire in the halves but I would go with Truman and play turner at fullback.hoping if and when Roberts is back he shows us some of last years form.