under 19s last night

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

under 19s last night

Post by gateman » 04 May 2018, 06:55

a young and injury ravaged squad were well beaten last night by Widnes who bad at least two players in their team with super league experience we thought we were down to the bear bones when O Neill was announced at stand off, one of the subs who came on tried every thing wearing a scull cap the lad is only small in stature and looked that he was out of the 16s but in a couple of years time could turn into a very good player, one notable absentee last night was Callum Turner I know he was not in out 19 man squad for Saturday is the lad injured or on stand bye ??

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: under 19s last night

Post by old cas lass » 04 May 2018, 07:23

Turner was named on the team sheet, so no idea why he was left out.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 04 May 2018, 14:13

What the hell has happened to our Under 19's, we are shocking right now, abysmal!! ... we were in the Grand Final last season!! .. Yes i know we lost the guy to Warrington and he took a couple of Lads with him etc etc, but Warrington arent breaking any pots at this Under 19's Level either, we are a massive rugby league area and lucky in that respect compared to other clubs, surely there must be some talent about that we can bring in to bolster the ranks, if we have no prospects coming through it really is a black mark against the club because we should be strong in this area, going to end up bottom of the table at this rate, where is the next win coming from!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 May 2018, 14:48

Peter riding not staying at the club during the winter might have something to do with it ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 May 2018, 15:49

last year we had four internationals in our under 19s Trueman and Turner still with us, Johnston went to Warrington and Mc Lelland to the kick and clap, last night to look at the lads playing I thought they looked very young I think the under 19s what should have been playing are at this moment in time plagued with injuries

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 04 May 2018, 16:09

In reply to you tigerwood, for your information the bloke who left cas to go to wire is Pete Riding and the players he took with him are only 1 player to my knowledge was Louis Johnson who the club sold for a big profit before Pete Riding had even left our club.Other player missing is Callum maclleland who the club decided to sell. It’s very easy to point fingers to individuals when sometimes you have to look at the clubs ethos of promoting young players. In my opinion cas as a club is not the place to be for young promising players as they don’t seem to get a chance.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 04 May 2018, 16:59

Thanks for all your answers, it sounds like we've got real problems.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 May 2018, 17:43

last night Widnes had age on their side at this level it counts, we had two many younger guys in the team and it showed, plus Widnes had at least two lads who have played super league Danny walker hooker that's been seen on TV a few times he was in the team that nearly turned over our first team at home last season, heads up lads you have won a few games this season I am sure there will be more to follow

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 05 May 2018, 12:19

Tigerwood posse wrote:What the hell has happened to our Under 19's, we are shocking right now, abysmal!! ... we were in the Grand Final last season!! .. Yes i know we lost the guy to Warrington and he took a couple of Lads with him etc etc, but Warrington arent breaking any pots at this Under 19's Level either, we are a massive rugby league area and lucky in that respect compared to other clubs, surely there must be some talent about that we can bring in to bolster the ranks, if we have no prospects coming through it really is a black mark against the club because we should be strong in this area, going to end up bottom of the table at this rate, where is the next win coming from!!
As nice as it may be for young lads to win matches at U19 level, the overall aim has to be producing SL players. I don’t know if any of them will go on to forge successful careers, we can only watch, guess & wait to see.
Take a look at the wakefield academy who won the competition from a couple of years ago & see how many of those lads are playing regular first team SL rugby now to see what I mean.
From memory I don’t think the likes of Daz Clark, Joe Westerman, Oli Holmes, Adz Milner, Massey etc, won anything at U19 level.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".