Wardle

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wardle

Post by derbystiger » 06 May 2018, 16:35

Casmoley wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Oggy was fuming, went to the ref, looked as though connor swung a elbow in oggys face as oggy was tackling him. With Wardle it was more banter running over to him and gloting everytime Hull scored or if there was a Hull penalty on their side of the field.
It looked to me like Conor threw a punch at Oggy from the ground as Oggy was getting up. A lot of things missed in the game yesterday.

elbow/ punch whatever, he defo made contact and Oggy did well not to chin him.
I thought he was going to when he squared up to him, like you say did well to not do it

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 06 May 2018, 16:44

it's first time I've seen Oggy that annoyed, it was a frustrating afternoon for all. Even Fozzy lost his cool with the linesman when a knock on was called but Foz was adoment a Hull defender touched the ball.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 May 2018, 22:55

Casmoley wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Oggy was fuming, went to the ref, looked as though connor swung a elbow in oggys face as oggy was tackling him. With Wardle it was more banter running over to him and gloting everytime Hull scored or if there was a Hull penalty on their side of the field.
He is right up there with some of the most dislikeable players in SL. Decent player but overrated by some. Needs a good hiding.

exactly why Hull fans like him. The cheers that To**er Kelly got were cringey, like he was God. Not many of them must have daughters.
he's extended to the end of 2020, wish I could get a bet on that he's gone before then.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 07 May 2018, 11:53

Wardle will be a revelation next season.

I can see a good foray into the backs market at the end of the year
Audacter Et Sincere

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 07 May 2018, 12:33

I feel sorry for wardle he’s had an unsettled start with injuries n now switching positions like there’s no tomorrow. A settled run a second row will give him a chance to shine.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 07 May 2018, 13:22

Mysterio wrote:Wardle will be a revelation next season.

We need a full back, Centre and half back for me. Forwards are fine. Need to spend money on backs 100%

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 May 2018, 09:22

Fullback and 2 centres needed IMO. I'd give Gale or Macca captaincy in 2019 too, Shenton isn't a captain for me.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 May 2018, 09:51

InTheKnow wrote:

We need a full back, Centre and half back for me. Forwards are fine. Need to spend money on backs 100%
I agree although I think Minikin could be the centre eventually, however I also see what the size of Webster gives us. Many of the top teams have a three quarter with those sort of dimensions and if Webbo doesn't play then we lack that punch amd power. Carney gave us it, Fonua and Talanoa did it well for Hull. Hall at Leeds in his pomp. Charnley and Lineham and Atkins in his time all were strong. Our current crop are quite slender in comparison.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 12 May 2018, 17:28

still not doing enough.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 12 May 2018, 17:39

For once Moley I agree with you. No line breaks, missed tackles , knocked on and gave a penalty (or two ?? )Away .

If you were giving him a half term grade it would be a C at best

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 12 May 2018, 17:41

heritage1926 wrote:Fullback and 2 centres needed IMO. I'd give Gale or Macca captaincy in 2019 too, Shenton isn't a captain for me.
Or Millo

Shenton isn't a captain while I have a hole in my Arris. I'm actually struggling to see what Shenton offers at the moment.

His errors today were u11 stuff

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 12 May 2018, 17:56

ERG2012 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Fullback and 2 centres needed IMO. I'd give Gale or Macca captaincy in 2019 too, Shenton isn't a captain for me.
Or Millo

Shenton isn't a captain while I have a hole in my Arris. I'm actually struggling to see what Shenton offers at the moment.

His errors today were u11 stuff
This is why I think we need a centre next season. I believe its a must position. Webster is starting to look off sorts at times and Shenton ain't himself anymore. We need an out and out centre. Not a makeshift second rower.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2018, 18:48

The thing that puzzles me with wardle is i watched him play for a team bottom of the nrl last year either in the centers or forwards and he looked really good knocking blokes off making breaks solid defence ..hes being a big let down for us so far
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 May 2018, 19:10

tigerfeat wrote:The thing that puzzles me with wardle is i watched him play for a team bottom of the nrl last year either in the centers or forwards and he looked really good knocking blokes off making breaks solid defence ..hes being a big let down for us so far
Yep. Having benefit of doubt over stop start beginning to.his Cas career but fitness cannot be an excuse now. Disappointing from a big money signing. Expected way more.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 12 May 2018, 19:29

Next season!?

He needs to start "revealing" himself this season !!

So disappointing so far.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 12 May 2018, 21:34

After every passing game this year I’ve thought the real joe wardle will show himself now he is getting regular game time.we are now half way thru the season and I’m starting to think we have bought a dud.if he wasn’t a quite expensive signing I don’t think he would be anywhere near the 17 he has been that poor

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 12 May 2018, 22:25

It often turns out that players who don't seem to be fulfilling their potential are carrying injuries. Its not that long since he came back from injury & I suspect he's still not 100%.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 May 2018, 22:34

I must agree now, he’s been very underwhelming to say the very least.

I th8nk we need to really play out this year preparing for next now in th background at least...get who we want!
Audacter Et Sincere

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 May 2018, 12:53

Wardle has been pretty much like 90% of our team just not quite reading what we need him to do that said a lot of our issues are down to the fact we haven't had any real stability to firm up connection as we've had players in out moved all around and tbf I still think wardle is at his best in the back row imo

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 13 May 2018, 15:01

I’m sure Joe will come good, really looked the part when he got injured early on in the season, but then got injured and been moved about a bit. He’s a back rower who can play centre, so filling in currently and shouldn’t really be judged on his performances in the centre, much like Milner is not now a hooker.
Danny Boy