Negative media coverage...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Negative media coverage...

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Apr 2018, 20:22

The threads on Garry Lo have been locked but it's very much in the public domain now...

Coverage that we don't need...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/43895618

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Negative media coverage...

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Apr 2018, 20:23

Of course it is. The club released a statement about the incident.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 25 Apr 2018, 20:40

I’ve still no idea what he’s done apart from some innuendo on here. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Apr 2018, 20:47

Fumper27 wrote:Of course it is. The club released a statement about the incident.
Not seen the club's statement but my point is the negative context. The last time we got headlines this big was also for negative reasons - because of ZH.

On a day when our mouthwatering tie with Saints should dominate the headlines it barely gets a mention in comparison.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 25 Apr 2018, 20:51

We are an absolute embarrassment and I for one have had enough of funding these losers that don't give a toss about the club or it's supporters. The place is rotten, the shout for in house testing is a fantastic one and will send a clear message we have zero tolerance and if the players don't like it, dont let the door hit ya on the way out. But as happens all too often, a weak statement will be released, weather the storm then onto the next calamity.
Time to get a grip as once again we are going to fall from the brink of greatness to obscurity from poor leadership.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 25 Apr 2018, 20:54

Dixie D wrote:We are an absolute embarrassment and I for one have had enough of funding these losers that don't give a toss about the club or it's supporters. The place is rotten, the shout for in house testing is a fantastic one and will send a clear message we have zero tolerance and if the players don't like it, dont let the door hit ya on the way out. But as happens all too often, a weak statement will be released, weather the storm then onto the next calamity.
Time to get a grip as once again we are going to fall from the brink of greatness to obscurity from poor leadership.

Dixieland, I feel your frustrations. It's crucial to remember that we have some great pros and coaches at the club. For me there needs to be a big Scarborough warning about conduct off the field if there hasn't been already.

There's been a cloud hanging over us since the grand final week and crap like this doesn't help.

Powell must be pulling his hair out but he needs to be the 1 to drive us out of this rut.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2018, 21:08

We keep having these lines in the sands but as sure as night follows day you dont have to wait long till something else happens no wonder theres negative coverage
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Apr 2018, 21:13

The board really need to show strong leadership at this time.

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 25 Apr 2018, 21:14

Thought I'd give my view on it, it's ruining the club's reputation: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 30017.html

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Apr 2018, 21:15

It needs sorting because we will fall back quickly if its not
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Apr 2018, 21:20

callum_walker wrote:Thought I'd give my view on it, it's ruining the club's reputation: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 30017.html

Cas fans are so dramatic. Long suffering fans. Over in Hull they're backing their drunken half back and St Helens worship the ground their druggy full back walks on. Yet one allegation that hasn't been proved and we all lose our tiny minds! Three bad eggs and it's long suffering?? It wasn't long since we had more than 3 bad eggs in the team at one time! (Westy, Rangi, Goldie, Faumina and more!!)

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Apr 2018, 21:21

callum_walker wrote:Thought I'd give my view on it, it's ruining the club's reputation: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 30017.html
Find it quite irritating that you’d use this as an opportunity to write another article and flog it on the forum
Audacter Et Sincere

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 25 Apr 2018, 21:22

Dixie D wrote:We are an absolute embarrassment and I for one have had enough of funding these losers that don't give a toss about the club or it's supporters. The place is rotten, the shout for in house testing is a fantastic one and will send a clear message we have zero tolerance and if the players don't like it, dont let the door hit ya on the way out. But as happens all too often, a weak statement will be released, weather the storm then onto the next calamity.
Massively over the top post. The overwhelming majority of players and staff at Cas are NOT losers and the place is far from rotten.
cum on you Ford

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Apr 2018, 21:23

Aid wrote:
Massively over the top post. The overwhelming majority of players and staff at Cas are NOT losers and the place is far from rotten.

it was only one day ago everyone was raving how much of a blessing it was having some one like Jesse re-sign.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Apr 2018, 21:24

Casmoley wrote:

Cas fans are so dramatic. Long suffering fans. Over in Hull they're backing their drunken half back and St Helens worship the ground their druggy full back walks on. Yet one allegation that hasn't been proved and we all lose our tiny minds! Three bad eggs and it's long suffering?? It wasn't long since we had more than 3 bad eggs in the team at one time! (Westy, Rangi, Goldie, Faumina and more!!)
Indeed.

Journalistic observations including lame idioms such as ‘....since sliced bread’ only serve to irritate me further.
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 25 Apr 2018, 21:25

Mysterio wrote:
Find it quite irritating that you’d use this as an opportunity to write another article and flog it on the forum

'negative media coverage' what can I do? I know, write a article ](*,)

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 25 Apr 2018, 21:27

^^ I was just thinking exactly the same

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 Apr 2018, 21:28

s was I. That’s what I meant casmoley. Lol.
Audacter Et Sincere

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 25 Apr 2018, 21:43

what we need is more supporters? like you, get a grip ](*,) ](*,)

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 25 Apr 2018, 21:58

noxandrattles wrote:

what we need is more supporters? like you, get a grip ](*,) ](*,)
exactly some people are at there best when they think there s a drama on here . I am sure other clubs wigan leeds st helens have similar dramas but are better at keeping it from press . what I have heard gary lo will be proven totally innocent and all the drama queens can put there lab tops back on stand by .
Last edited by flow on 25 Apr 2018, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.