Wakey on friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wakey on friday

Post by WallTiger » 25 Apr 2018, 15:07

JIN JER wrote:
WallTiger wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:If Fifita plays this needs looking into. Will be 3 times on trot.
It does make a mockery of naming a 19 man squad!
It quite possibly does but I'm assuming it's allowed or SL would have been on us like a ton of bricks.
Yes it must be allowed Jinj but like I say if you can put someone into the team who wasn’t even named in the 19 man squad why do they even have to announce one!?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Apr 2018, 15:17

tigerfeat wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:If Fifita plays this needs looking into. Will be 3 times on trot.
Jeez. It's petty mind games, don't get offended so easily.
Only its not mind games as every man and his dog knew fifita would play last time i thought it made chester look a bit silly really
Ok, CC makes a fool of his self, why get agitated by it?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Apr 2018, 15:18

WallTiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
WallTiger wrote:
It does make a mockery of naming a 19 man squad!
It quite possibly does but I'm assuming it's allowed or SL would have been on us like a ton of bricks.
Yes it must be allowed Jinj but like I say if you can put someone into the team who wasn’t even named in the 19 man squad why do they even have to announce one!?
No idea m8, it does seem a bit odd but it's given me a giggle each time it's happened, maybe I'm just easily pleased! :)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 Apr 2018, 16:06

JIN JER wrote:
It's not mind games. It's childish as f#*k. Doesn't seem to help you anyway as we beat you last 2 times you did it.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 25 Apr 2018, 16:17

InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
It's not mind games. It's childish as f#*k. Doesn't seem to help you anyway as we beat you last 2 times you did it.
Yeah, you're beating us and still angry! :):)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 Apr 2018, 17:19

JIN JER wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
I'm just an angry person. Ain't we all from Normy. Must have been Freeston.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 25 Apr 2018, 17:27

InTheKnow wrote: I'm just an angry person. Ain't we all from Normy. Must have been Freeston.
:lol: that's what my mum used to say to me lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 25 Apr 2018, 17:28

I think Chester likes to think of himself as Rugby Leagues answer to john F Murray - the great sports psychologist known as “The Rodger Federer of Sports Psychologists” and “The Freud of Football”.

It's all good banter in my book and who better to use than Dave Fifita - like our very own JSL - a real character of the game which is something we are lacking in numbers across SL IMO.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 25 Apr 2018, 17:32

It's not banter though, it's weird from Chester, unless it's an inside joke Wakefield have got going on.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 25 Apr 2018, 17:50

JIN JER wrote:[ maybe I'm just easily pleased! :)
Suppose you have to be to be a Wakefield fan :dance:
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 25 Apr 2018, 18:11

Trueman
Shenton
Wardle
Webster
Minikin
Ellis
Gale
Watts
McShane
Millington
Holmes
McMeeken
Milner

JSL
Moors
Cook
Green

I hear Turner is a quality FB but a local derby in the rain again isn't the best place to make your debut

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 25 Apr 2018, 18:12

heritage1926 wrote:It's not banter though, it's weird from Chester, unless it's an inside joke Wakefield have got going on.
Exactly. Just looks really silly :lol: Appearing as though it is some sort of strategic stroke of genius. Doing 2-3 times and it having zero impact. Weird. Let's hope they do it again with the same result eh.
Tbf they are due a win though one of these days. What is it now? 9 in a row?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 25 Apr 2018, 18:29

Tbf they are due a win though one of these days. What is it now? 9 in a row?
Last time they beat us was in 2015. That year we beat them 2 out of three. They won the first encounter.
2016 - we won all 3 games.
2017 - we won all 3 games.
2018 - it's already 1 nil.

It is 9 in a row.

The game on Friday is the 10th anniversary of Adam Watene's death and the 10th Adam Watene cup. Lets do the big fella proud and make it 10 in a row.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 Apr 2018, 18:42

Who would have thought we'd be struggling for wingers 11 games in when the first team was announced at the start of the season? :shock:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Apr 2018, 21:29

he might be playing cheekies but that's about it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Apr 2018, 09:21

the recent reported problems with a couple of our players either unfounded or true have certainly helped to lift the mood of some of the Wakefield fans, I walked in the WMC last night you would not believe the tales that was flying about I just laughed at them and said the only way they were going to beat us was if we played our recently formed Ladies team against them , NO Disrespect ladies I think you might beat them

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 11:40

InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
I'm just an angry person. Ain't we all from Normy. Must have been Freeston.
I'm from Normy and I'm not angry, then again I went to Normy grammar school, Freestone, how common. :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 11:42

jackknife wrote:
JIN JER wrote:[ maybe I'm just easily pleased! :)
Suppose you have to be to be a Wakefield fan :dance:
Never expected that from you jackknife, more than expected from Spanishtiger or Lofthouse. :dance:

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 26 Apr 2018, 12:06

Always a tough game against Wakey. We've been fortunate to sneak past them the last two visits to Belle Vue and there seems to be a little bit of a malaise around the place at the moment. Anything can happen.

I also think by the law of averages Wakefield are due a victory against us - we've not lost a competitive fixture since February 2015 I believe. That said, law of averages says we should have beaten St Helens away in the last 25 years but it's not done much for us!

I worry about the wing spot left by the absence of Greg Eden, James Clare, Jy Hitchcox and Garry Lo. A plethora of wingers and a plethora of injuries/loans/issues to match. We've got far too many wingers for the first eight fixtures and then a shortage. Typical. Ben Jones Bishop is a class player - so any rookie playing will need to be ready for that.

Wakefield are a good side and they'll have a point to prove following their "after the lord mayor's show" performance at Salford. I can't lie, I aren't confident about tomorrow - but I wasn't sure we'd beat Leeds at Elland Road or Hull at home and we managed it.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 12:13

Morrissey wrote:Always a tough game against Wakey. We've been fortunate to sneak past them the last two visits to Belle Vue and there seems to be a little bit of a malaise around the place at the moment. Anything can happen.

I also think by the law of averages Wakefield are due a victory against us - we've not lost a competitive fixture since February 2015 I believe. That said, law of averages says we should have beaten St Helens away in the last 25 years but it's not done much for us!

I worry about the wing spot left by the absence of Greg Eden, James Clare, Jy Hitchcox and Garry Lo. A plethora of wingers and a plethora of injuries/loans/issues to match. We've got far too many wingers for the first eight fixtures and then a shortage. Typical. Ben Jones Bishop is a class player - so any rookie playing will need to be ready for that.

Wakefield are a good side and they'll have a point to prove following their "after the lord mayor's show" performance at Salford. I can't lie, I aren't confident about tomorrow - but I wasn't sure we'd beat Leeds at Elland Road or Hull at home and we managed it.
You'll pi$$ it Morrissey. :D