Wakey on friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wakey on friday

Post by gateman » 26 Apr 2018, 09:21

the recent reported problems with a couple of our players either unfounded or true have certainly helped to lift the mood of some of the Wakefield fans, I walked in the WMC last night you would not believe the tales that was flying about I just laughed at them and said the only way they were going to beat us was if we played our recently formed Ladies team against them , NO Disrespect ladies I think you might beat them

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 11:40

InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:If Fifita plays this needs looking into. Will be 3 times on trot.
Jeez. It's petty mind games, don't get offended so easily.
It's not mind games. It's childish as f#*k. Doesn't seem to help you anyway as we beat you last 2 times you did it.
Yeah, you're beating us and still angry! :):)
I'm just an angry person. Ain't we all from Normy. Must have been Freeston.
I'm from Normy and I'm not angry, then again I went to Normy grammar school, Freestone, how common. :D

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 11:42

jackknife wrote:
JIN JER wrote:[ maybe I'm just easily pleased! :)
Suppose you have to be to be a Wakefield fan :dance:
Never expected that from you jackknife, more than expected from Spanishtiger or Lofthouse. :dance:

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 26 Apr 2018, 12:06

Always a tough game against Wakey. We've been fortunate to sneak past them the last two visits to Belle Vue and there seems to be a little bit of a malaise around the place at the moment. Anything can happen.

I also think by the law of averages Wakefield are due a victory against us - we've not lost a competitive fixture since February 2015 I believe. That said, law of averages says we should have beaten St Helens away in the last 25 years but it's not done much for us!

I worry about the wing spot left by the absence of Greg Eden, James Clare, Jy Hitchcox and Garry Lo. A plethora of wingers and a plethora of injuries/loans/issues to match. We've got far too many wingers for the first eight fixtures and then a shortage. Typical. Ben Jones Bishop is a class player - so any rookie playing will need to be ready for that.

Wakefield are a good side and they'll have a point to prove following their "after the lord mayor's show" performance at Salford. I can't lie, I aren't confident about tomorrow - but I wasn't sure we'd beat Leeds at Elland Road or Hull at home and we managed it.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 12:13

Morrissey wrote:Always a tough game against Wakey. We've been fortunate to sneak past them the last two visits to Belle Vue and there seems to be a little bit of a malaise around the place at the moment. Anything can happen.

I also think by the law of averages Wakefield are due a victory against us - we've not lost a competitive fixture since February 2015 I believe. That said, law of averages says we should have beaten St Helens away in the last 25 years but it's not done much for us!

I worry about the wing spot left by the absence of Greg Eden, James Clare, Jy Hitchcox and Garry Lo. A plethora of wingers and a plethora of injuries/loans/issues to match. We've got far too many wingers for the first eight fixtures and then a shortage. Typical. Ben Jones Bishop is a class player - so any rookie playing will need to be ready for that.

Wakefield are a good side and they'll have a point to prove following their "after the lord mayor's show" performance at Salford. I can't lie, I aren't confident about tomorrow - but I wasn't sure we'd beat Leeds at Elland Road or Hull at home and we managed it.
You'll pi$$ it Morrissey. :D

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 26 Apr 2018, 13:07

Looking forward to this one! I think we'll squeeze it but it will be tight! They are defo due a result against us but I'm sure the lads and Powell are aware , need to win this to take abit of pressure off the hull away game! If you told me we would be struggling for fit wingers at the start of the season I would have laughed in your face, why oh why did we let it go out on loan? Powell must be kicking himself but in all fairness we all thought we were stacked up in that department

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 Apr 2018, 13:17

JIN JER wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Never expected that from you jackknife, more than expected from Spanishtiger or Lofthouse. :dance:
Haven't posted much recently JINJ, ever since our wannabe journo decided to personally insult me and then lie to substantiate his insults I've decided not to bother.

That said, I've always enjoyed the banter between the likes of yourself, Mysterio, Lofthouse, Fords and the late lamented Hudds.

Anyway, on to tomorrow, hopefully a good game and may the best team win (ie CAS)

:dance: :clap:

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 26 Apr 2018, 14:08

Details on the Adam Watene Trophy here and a nice video to go with it :-

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=5907

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 26 Apr 2018, 17:01

Spanishtiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
jackknife wrote:
Haven't posted much recently JINJ, ever since our wannabe journo decided to personally insult me and then lie to substantiate his insults I've decided not to bother.

That said, I've always enjoyed the banter between the likes of yourself, Mysterio, Lofthouse, Fords and the late lamented Hudds.

Anyway, on to tomorrow, hopefully a good game and may the best team win (ie CAS)

:dance: :clap:
Never back off mate, the good will always out (I think that's the saying).

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2018, 10:49

Have a good evening tonight bar the result. :)
Can't make it myself but will watch it when I get home later.
May my best team win.
Enjoy.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Apr 2018, 13:50

This weather will always bring our levels down and will maybe be a factor in the score as it did at Bell Vue earlier this year.

Having said that we should have enough to nick this one when you see who they have missing. They rely heavily in attack on Finn and he isn't playing......or is he?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Apr 2018, 14:11

. will we ever get good weather for home game this year .Think key thing tonight in rain soaked pitch again will be kicking game I am glad ellis is playing gives us a different option with kicks through near there line . hope shentons on wing wardle centre to strengthen defence and shenton can finish as good as any other winger cas by eight

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 27 Apr 2018, 14:14

I've a feeling it is going to be very close and given the weather probably low scoring. I hope Gale has his kicking boots on as we'll need every point going. It could go either way but i'll go Cas by 2 and another few years wiped off my life expectancy.

Normyford3

Post by Normyford3 » 27 Apr 2018, 14:52

Ellis's long kicking game will have to be on song tonight, I think gales medium to long range kicking is pretty poor tbh. We lose out on too much field position because of this and end up penned in our own 20 for long periods of games!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 27 Apr 2018, 14:53

Cas by 30 tonight. Gale MOM. Attendance anywhere between 8/9k.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Apr 2018, 15:07

heritage1926 wrote:Cas by 30 tonight. Gale MOM. Attendance anywhere between 8/9k.

You mystic meg.
Hope you’re right though.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Apr 2018, 15:45

Whispers on Facebook no gale tonight.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 27 Apr 2018, 15:56

I sense it getting a bit twitchy on here today.........:)

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 27 Apr 2018, 16:17

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.......
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Apr 2018, 16:19

JIN JER wrote:I sense it getting a bit twitchy on here today.........:)
Why.