Should webbo be dropped

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Should webbo be dropped

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 Apr 2018, 09:16

I'm not normally one to slate referees but omg . Hicks didn't ref that game o Laughlin and scrote face did. Missed knock ons, blatant milking of penalties, overturning decisions when being told to by said 2 and where the hell did he get a penalty when Truman jumped for the ball with tomkins? Just because he threw the teddy out and threw the ball at Truman hicks decided it must be a penalty cos poor little Sam might be hurt. And don't even get me started on the penalty against webbo. Oh he accelerated that's why it's a penalty. Jesus!!!!!!! Ok rant over. I don't think we were good enough to win on Friday but they didn't need a helping hand. And I think the final score flattered them some what.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 22 Apr 2018, 09:33

chesterfieldtiger wrote:I'm not normally one to slate referees but omg . Hicks didn't ref that game o Laughlin and scrote face did. Missed knock ons, blatant milking of penalties, overturning decisions when being told to by said 2 and where the hell did he get a penalty when Truman jumped for the ball with tomkins? Just because he threw the teddy out and threw the ball at Truman hicks decided it must be a penalty cos poor little Sam might be hurt. And don't even get me started on the penalty against webbo. Oh he accelerated that's why it's a penalty. Jesus!!!!!!! Ok rant over. I don't think we were good enough to win on Friday but they didn't need a helping hand. And I think the final score flattered them some what.
Webster didnt do anything but walk in a straight line. Hicks is a top class pr*ck and has no idea about the game.

As for rat boy, dont even go there

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Apr 2018, 09:41

You also had watts being tipped in a tackle , a swinging arm from sol i think it was that he was happy to let go till the video ref had a word while the player was down , if the r.l are happy to keep giving games to people who are barely up to refing a game somewhere on a park on a saturday afternoon this is what your going to get
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Apr 2018, 10:24

Don’t forget the swinging arm that took oli Holmes out while in the process of scoring.
Not sure who the dirty Wigan player was but oli stayed down then got up holding his nose.
Hicks is a liability and the well being of players by him is a disgrace.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 22 Apr 2018, 11:19

Think it was that bit again

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Apr 2018, 12:35

I’m glad someone else has mentioned Hicks.

I take a lot pride in being unbiased. I don’t hate any team, really. If it weren’t for Leeds and Wigan et al, we wouldn’t have such enjoyment in the game, and in beating them.

However.

Róbert Hicks was a disgrace. All of the above points are valid. He’s an absolute disgrace.
Audacter Et Sincere

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 22 Apr 2018, 13:05

Hear Hear my sentiments exactly, he is a complete and utter imbecile.

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 22 Apr 2018, 13:36

How do you think Jake is feeling now? He will be so eager to get back on the hoss and put in a good display friday.Another thing,I know I,m anold timer ,but,why did we have no full back when they made a line break from their own twenty?We are wide open for a chip over or kick and chase.Oh and another thing we lost because we couldn,t keep possession in their 20,losing it or been penalised,so Gale never got chance to vary his kicks.Losing away to a decent Wigan side is not the end of the world.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Apr 2018, 14:32

And another thing, Gale was smacked on the head near their line by Tomkins in the 1st half when we had set up a promising position which Hicks just let go - Maybe we should start going down like a sissy just like Isa did which was dreadful unsportsman like of him and which need stamping out as we don't want this sport to turn out like Football rolling around like their legs have been sliced off !!

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 23 Apr 2018, 08:34

I didn't think we were good enough on Friday, we showed up for 10 minutes in the first half and scored 10 points, apart from that, we were second best to a Wigan team that didn't have too much to offer (IMO).

Whilst Mr Hicks didn't miss a tackle, nor did he drop a ball, he certainly didn't help. Watching the game back, I am stiff baffled by the decision he gave against Webbo in the first half which led to their second try. Their first came off the back of the Luke Gale knock on, where the Wigan Weasel nearly unlaced Gale's head guard.

With regards to Webbo, I wouldn't look at dropping him just yet, give him 80 minutes against Wakey and see what he does. Be interesting to see what odds he will be to cop the MOTM award. He can be devastating both in defence and ball in hand close to the try line, but I bet he feels as though he has a point to prove. I may even stick a pound or two on him to score a hat trick.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Apr 2018, 10:12

I'm surprised he played both games over Easter, it doesn't make sense.

We have a large squad with cover in every position, yet we don't use it. We say nothing is won in March/ April, so why not freshen the squad up a little more and once we are in the super 8s, then start to look for your best 17.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Apr 2018, 06:39

Hope all you on here who called for Jake to be dropped, after last night, realise what a good player he is and what he brings to our side. Anyone can have a bad day, it’s how you react to it afterwards that counts and Jake showed what a quality player he is last night.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 28 Apr 2018, 08:06

Absolutely.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Apr 2018, 08:47

Fumper27 wrote:Hope all you on here who called for Jake to be dropped, after last night, realise what a good player he is and what he brings to our side. Anyone can have a bad day, it’s how you react to it afterwards that counts and Jake showed what a quality player he is last night.
He told you to say that after having your photo with him after the game.
:D :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Apr 2018, 09:40

I hope next week V hull we rest Jake plus any other player that as the slightest of knocks, if its possible any of our on loan players should be recalled and given a run I would like to see Gadwin who I thought went ok last night given a lot more game time to get his fitness levels up , when we play the Saints in the cup I guess they will be at full strength they will not risk any one with the slightest of knocks next week,

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 28 Apr 2018, 09:48

gateman wrote:I hope next week V hull we rest Jake plus any other player that as the slightest of knocks, if its possible any of our on loan players should be recalled and given a run I would like to see Gadwin who I thought went ok last night given a lot more game time to get his fitness levels up , when we play the Saints in the cup I guess they will be at full strength they will not risk any one with the slightest of knocks next week,

I don't think we can rest Jake with potentially out:
Gale- knee
Roberts- calf
Hitchcox- loan
Clare- knee
Eden- hamstring
Lo- off field issue
gill - loan
egodo- not sure on injury
Aston- knee

available- turner

potentially we could see

Trueman
minikin
Webster
wardle
shenton
Ellis
Macca
watts
Milner
Jesse
Holmes
Meeks
Junior

millo
Gadwin
cook
turner / o'neil (can't see Milner doing 80 at hooker)

hopefully have Fozz or Massey back.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Apr 2018, 09:55

O, Niel I do believe he was sent off in the under 19s Thursday

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 28 Apr 2018, 10:06

gateman wrote:O, Niel I do believe he was sent off in the under 19s Thursday

he was for dissent, also had a yellow earlier in the half. I also think he might just put McShane in at 9 when Milner needs a spell and Millo to 6. Or start Turner at 1, Trueman at 6 (can't see this) or hopefully Benny or Gale are ok.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Apr 2018, 10:33

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:Hope all you on here who called for Jake to be dropped, after last night, realise what a good player he is and what he brings to our side. Anyone can have a bad day, it’s how you react to it afterwards that counts and Jake showed what a quality player he is last night.
He told you to say that after having your photo with him after the game.
:D :D
Shush!!!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 28 Apr 2018, 10:47

Casmoley wrote:
gateman wrote:O, Niel I do believe he was sent off in the under 19s Thursday

he was for dissent, also had a yellow earlier in the half. I also think he might just put McShane in at 9 when Milner needs a spell and Millo to 6. Or start Turner at 1, Trueman at 6 (can't see this) or hopefully Benny or Gale are ok.
Roberts will play I reckon. Gale and Webster probably wont.
Absolute farce sending 3 wingers on loan when you have one injured (now 2+ Lo).
Trueman
Minikin Wardle Foster/McMeeken Shenton
Roberts Ellis
Watts Macca Jesse
Holmes Foster/McMeeken
Milner

Moors Springer Cook Millo
Not sure how far Massey is off either. Could be in contention?
Would be ideal if the Lo issue is solved and he has nothing to answer to but not sure exact details or how briefly it can be dealt with.

If Roberts is fit, would Powell be tempted to put him at centre and Milner/Mcshane/Millo sharing hb duties with Ellis?