Next 6 games - found out who we are!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Next 6 games - found out who we are!

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Apr 2018, 18:23

Looking at fixtures for next 6 games and we have a tough run. Will see where we stand compared to the top teams. Not sure the full order but we play -
Wigan away
Wakey home
Then can't remember correct order but
Hull away
Saints home
Leeds Magic
Wire away

Couldn't have a tougher 6 games in my opinion so let's see how we get on. That performance today was much needed and it will hopefully spur us on into the next 6.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next 6 games - found out who we are!

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2018, 18:27

InTheKnow wrote:Looking at fixtures for next 6 games and we have a tough run. Will see where we stand compared to the top teams. Not sure the full order but we play -
Wigan away
Wakey home
Hull away
Saints home
Leeds Magic
Wire away

Couldn't have a tougher 6 games in my opinion so let's see how we get on. That performance today was much needed and it will hopefully spur us on into the next 6.
Saints at home is after Magic weekend on the Thursday night. Also got a challenge cup game to play between Hull away and Leeds at MM

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Apr 2018, 18:49

InTheKnow wrote:Looking at fixtures for next 6 games and we have a tough run. Will see where we stand compared to the top teams. Not sure the full order but we play -
Wigan away
Wakey home
Hull away
Saints home
Leeds Magic
Wire away

Stick my neck on line and go for

Wigan loss
Wakey win
Hull win
Leeds win
Saints loss
Wire win

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Apr 2018, 19:13

fords wrote:
Wigan away
Wakey home
Hull away
Saints home
Leeds Magic
Wire away

Stick my neck on line and go for

Wigan loss
Wakey win
Hull win
Leeds win
Saints loss
Wire win
I would definitely take 4 from the 6 if you are right. The final 8 after that are much easier (on paper)

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 15 Apr 2018, 19:29

Wigan away - WIN
Wakey home - WIN
Hull away - LOSS
Saints home - WIN
Leeds Magic - LOSS
Wire away - WIN

Dave Sideshow

Post by Dave Sideshow » 15 Apr 2018, 20:41

Just sen that Saints have a very easy next 4 games before we meet them on 24 May. :roll:
Huddersfield
Salford
Catalan
Widnes

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Apr 2018, 21:03

Stating the obvious but our next game at Pies is huge in terms of confidence and feeling that we are back on the right track...

They hate us and don't like the fact that we are a "small" club who they see as punching above our weight.

A win would be magnificent. They are at home and have had 2 extra days rest. Pressure all on them....

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Apr 2018, 23:05

I agree suffolk. While I'm not convinced Cas will win but victory will set a standard. The question is what sort of loss is acceptable? There aren't too may scenarios.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2018, 23:10

If we defend like we did today im confident we will win the game.
Wigan didn’t offer a great deal in attack v Leeds.
I’m sure we can put points on them, just need to put the defensive work in again.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Apr 2018, 23:19

corvusxiii wrote:I agree suffolk. While I'm not convinced Cas will win but victory will set a standard. The question is what sort of loss is acceptable? There aren't too may scenarios.
All I've ever asked of my team is that they go into any game and give it everything. If they do but come out of it with a loss, I can handle that.

I went to Saints first up in Feb - that was unacceptable. There is no shame in a loss at the DW. Defeat by 10 points of less isn't the end of the world.

I expect us to stay in what will be an arm wrestle for the full 80 and possibly just nick it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2018, 20:01

pull 6 points from the next 6 games and I will be happy, when you are playing teams around you matches are like 4 pointers 2 points they don't get and 2 we do

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Apr 2018, 21:01

We need to put saints and Wigan in their place at least once this year.
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Apr 2018, 13:09

Some big games coming up and the Wigan game will show where we are at. We will be at near full strength against a Wigan side who are playing some really good rugby this year and are on the back of some big results. Wane will have them well up for this one and we will need to be far better than anything we have produced so far to get anything from it.
If we have ambitions of making the 4 we must take points from the big sides and show we can compete on their own turf.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Apr 2018, 13:13

Wakey had a similar set of matches as we have coming up and it says to me they are top 8 material. If we play even near our potential, we'll show we are title contenders.

We are now a tough nut to crack and no team wants to play us.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Apr 2018, 13:14

Sharlotiger wrote:Some big games coming up and the Wigan game will show where we are at. We will be at near full strength against a Wigan side who are playing some really good rugby this year and are on the back of some big results. Wane will have them well up for this one and we will need to be far better than anything we have produced so far to get anything from it.
If we have ambitions of making the 4 we must take points from the big sides and show we can compete on their own turf.
like we have done for last few years you mean?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Apr 2018, 14:16

tigerfeat wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:Some big games coming up and the Wigan game will show where we are at. We will be at near full strength against a Wigan side who are playing some really good rugby this year and are on the back of some big results. Wane will have them well up for this one and we will need to be far better than anything we have produced so far to get anything from it.
like we have done for last few years you mean?
Exactly, are we as good this year as we have been the last few? Wigan game should give us more idea.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Apr 2018, 14:59

Yes its a bugger not being able to see hardaker going the length of the field we all know why hes not available were having to play a different game im sure by the start of next season if not before we will have a top full back in place
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Apr 2018, 15:57

on the bright side we do have what looks to be a relatively easy run in.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Apr 2018, 09:58

The top sides take points of each other, saints beat Cas, Leeds beat saints, Cas best Leeds. It keeps the league closer together.

Every now and again you get a freak side who is just so much better that year like us but we couldn't sustain it.

This year we are playing it steady, rotating the squad and giving fit players fitness at other teams until at need them.

All things considered, saints and wire and in some parts Wigan, have been playing with a full squad so you'd expect them to be where they are.

Saints without roby and barba don't look to title contenders.

Wigan without oloughlin look very beatable. I'm sure wire will be helpless without Clark playing 80 minutes.